Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Braylon's TD Dance

[QUOTE=GreenWave;3750282]Fully agree. And they shouldn't let those NBA guys celebrate when they hit last-minute buzzer-beaters. Tennis players falling to their knees after winning a grand slam? Unacceptable. All college students who tear down goal posts after a huge win should be detained and/or arrested. If a 7-year-old is caught taunting his friends in the playground, he should be disciplined on the spot.

[B]The entire sports world should be reminiscent of a golf match. Yeah, that's exciting.[/B] :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

+1

but don't forget no Tiger Woods fist pumps either!!!

Oh, and let's not let fans clap or cheer... fans should be happy enough just to sit and watch.

Bunch of lame a$$es

[QUOTE=King Koopa;3750257]Cause Cotch is a known Pats killer :yes:

But anyway, I hate how that's a penalty....def takes away from the entertainment side of the NFL[/QUOTE]

True. I guess Edwards, Keller, LT and Sanchez are Pats Killers now! :yes:

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=GreenWave;3750282]Fully agree. And they shouldn't let those NBA guys celebrate when they hit last-minute buzzer-beaters. Tennis players falling to their knees after winning a grand slam? Unacceptable. All college students who tear down goal posts after a huge win should be detained and/or arrested. [B]If a 7-year-old is caught taunting his friends in the playground, he should be disciplined on the spot. [/B]

The entire sports world should be reminiscent of a golf match. Yeah, that's

exciting. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Nice apples to oranges comparisons you've got there. Championship celebrations. Heart-pounding buzzer-beater, and...1 TD catch in the middle of Game 2 in an NFL season. All the same, gotcha. But I DO agree that your seven-year-old taunting a fellow kid pretty much equates with the mentality on display by Mr. Edwards. Immature and unprofessional in both cases.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    [QUOTE=Gastineau99;3750295]why use people to play the games... why not just use robots... or Carlos Beltran?[/QUOTE]

I agree with you on having fun, but not when it can coast the team, that can apply to both issues.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eS4WYRgR3Xk[/url]

Braylon has a history with dancing to 'dance songs.' Soulja Boy in 07. LOL

Undrafted Free Agent
    [QUOTE=Gastineau99;3750038]
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJxYiIfr4WM[/url]
    [/QUOTE]

Is that a picture of Braylon on that guy's shirt?

[QUOTE=TwoFifths;3750408]Is that a picture of Braylon on that guy's shirt?[/QUOTE]

lol its biggie

[QUOTE=TwoFifths;3750408]Is that a picture of Braylon on that guy's shirt?[/QUOTE]

MSGNYENYC

Wasn't his TD celebration against the Colts in the playoffs last year something similar?

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    I will Dougie my wife tonight if i do something special, and see if she takes offense to it.

[QUOTE=ubrnostrum;3750140]No way. Touchdown celebrations should be banned. As well as the ridiculous mini celebrations these idiots do when they make a tackle or run ten yards. To be honest, if fans need 10-15 second touchdown celebrations and flexing- chest punching-weirdness everytime a tackle is made, then Football must be far more boring than everyone thought.[/QUOTE]

i sort of agree, i mean u see some guys celebrate a sack but the team is down by ten points ...makes no sense...TD if it gets u back in the game or is the winning one makes sense

[QUOTE=ubrnostrum;3750140]No way. Touchdown celebrations should be banned. As well as the ridiculous mini celebrations these idiots do when they make a tackle or run ten yards. To be honest, if fans need 10-15 second touchdown celebrations and flexing- chest punching-weirdness everytime a tackle is made, then Football must be far more boring than everyone thought.[/QUOTE]

I actually feel the exact opposite.

I hate the PC bull**** that goes on in the NFL with TD celebrations...

You know what the word pylon means? Pylons are where God's used to cross by to enter a holy area in ancient times.

So if you have reached the most coveted area in the sport then you should damn sure be able to celebrate any way you damn chose (of course without complete vulgarity).

TO w/ the popcorn? Awesome
    TO w/ the sharpie? Awesome
    Braylon does the Dougie? Awesome

And what's the issue with a celebration after a tackle or long run? It's a big play in the game and should be celebrated...have you ever played football? I've played on a much smaller scale and know I got pumped up every time I would make a play. I can only imagine the adrenaline these guys get.

It's part of the game and I think the fact it's being frowned upon by the league is pathetic.

Just my opinion.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Gastineau99;3750297]+1

but don't forget no Tiger Woods fist pumps either!!!

Oh, and let's not let fans clap or cheer... fans should be happy enough just to sit and watch.

Bunch of lame a$$es[/QUOTE]

Even you can admit you're being obtuse. There's nothing wrong with being excited about a score. or a sack or something that changes a game. For these idiots to prance and dance after a tackle, it becomes a "me" thing rather than a team thing.

Not quite sure how that makes me a lame ass.

[QUOTE=ubrnostrum;3750541]Even you can admit you're being obtuse. There's nothing wrong with being excited about a score. or a sack or something that changes a game. For these idiots to prance and dance after a tackle, it becomes a "me" thing rather than a team thing.

Not quite sure how that makes me a lame ass.[/QUOTE]

I bet you are outraged and want Braylon Edwards to be suspended for a game.
    Am I right?

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    [QUOTE=ubrnostrum;3750541]Even you can admit you're being obtuse. There's nothing wrong with being excited about a score. or a sack or something that changes a game. For these idiots to prance and dance after a tackle, it becomes a "me" thing rather than a team thing.

[B]Not quite sure how that makes me a lame ass[/B].[/QUOTE]

LOL.

Excellent restraint.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=TurkJetFan;3750526]I actually feel the exact opposite.

You know what the word pylon means? Pylons are where God's used to cross by to enter a holy area in ancient times.

So if you have reached the most coveted area in the sport then you should damn sure be able to celebrate any way you damn chose (of course without complete vulgarity).

And what's the issue with a celebration after a tackle or long run? It's a big play in the game and should be celebrated...have you ever played football? I've played on a much smaller scale and know I got pumped up every time I would make a play. I can only imagine the adrenaline these guys get.

It's part of the game and I think the fact it's being frowned upon by the league is pathetic.

Just my opinion.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps i should clarify. Its impossible to not get worked up and excited when you do something game changing. The jets offense scores a td, youd better damn well be excited about it. That unit should absolutely congrstulate eachother. My ossue is with the receiver who does a dance or proposes to a cheerleader. Or the linebacker who flaunts for the crowd because he tackled a rb on 2nd and 9. Its like a jiffy lube employee who cheers for himself after an oil change. Congrats, you just did your job.

Just my opinion.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Hitman Harris;3750544]I bet you are outraged and want Braylon Edwards to be suspended for a game.
    Am I right?[/QUOTE]

For dooing a dance? No.

For getting a dwi? No. That should be left up to the courts. If the jets want to make him and example, thats their choice.

Outraged? No.

I just think all the celebrating is silly and does nothing for the game.

Then this forum should be shut down because everyone here is having fun, too.

Stop being such a stick-in-the-mud, man.

All League
    [QUOTE=TurkJetFan;3750526]I actually feel the exact opposite.

Just my opinion.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't agree more.

[QUOTE=parkwayjet1;3750303]Nice apples to oranges comparisons you've got there. Championship celebrations. Heart-pounding buzzer-beater, and...1 TD catch in the middle of Game 2 in an NFL season. All the same, gotcha. But I DO agree that your seven-year-old taunting a fellow kid pretty much equates with the mentality on display by Mr. Edwards. Immature and unprofessional in both cases.[/QUOTE]

When one win (or loss) can mean the difference in making the playoffs or sitting at home during the tournament, every touchdown IS on par with with a buzzer-beater.

Don't get me wrong, if Edwards did his celebration when the team was either up or down by 20+, then he would absolutely be in the wrong. But I have no problem with guys celebrating during a close game - if it fires up even one of their teammates, then it's worth it. Do have to avoid the penalty though.

It shouldn't be about what the fans consider an appropriate level of decorum, it should be about what inspires these guys to play football. I understand that back in the 40's the players just handed the ball to the ref, but celebrating is a part of today's game.