Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: There is NO chance we lose this Sunday night

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

There is NO chance we lose this Sunday night

I see alot of discussion here about the Dolphins D and their 2-0 record, but when you break things down, I don't see anyway in hell that we dont win this game going away Sunday night. There is not one area that we don't have the edge.

QB - Not even close. Sancjez has shown more and accomplished more already in the NFL than Henne ever will. Sanchez is a top 8 NFL QB NOW, and someday will be a top 3 QB. Henne is a run of the mill QB, who will never amount to more than a "Jake Delhomme" status. -Edge JETS

RB - Jets in a runaway. RB and RW are getting old and fumble alot and don't have breakaway speed. Green and LT are both better. Ricky or Ronnie would be third string in our offense.

WR - Jets again in a runaway. Braylon is as good talent wise as Brandon Marshall and has better deep down the field speed. I would take Cotchery and Holmes and Clowney way over the dregs of Devon Bess and Brian Hartline (lol)

TE - Dustin Keller >>>>>> Anthony Fasano (need I say more)

OL - It's pretty close, but Mangold and D,Brick are better athletes than anyone Miami has. Jake Long is the only OL who would even start for us.

I am not even going to discuss the defense. Its not evenup for debate. WHo on the Dolphins would even start for us??? Karlos Dansby maybe the only one. and that is stretching it.

Coaching: Rex Ryan >>>>>> Tony Sparano.

Guys, it's not even close. We are much better than the Dolphins in every area. They have maybe 3 players on their starting 22 who could MAYBE start for us (Long, Marshall, and Dansby). The talent disparity is remarkable.

Yes, you still have to play the games on paper, but this one has the makings of a big time blowout. We should win it 35-7. It's as close to a sure thing as there is professional sports.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Medianoche View Post
    I see alot of discussion here about the Dolphins D and their 2-0 record, but when you break things down, I don't see anyway in hell that we dont win this game going away Sunday night. There is not one area that we don't have the edge.

QB - Not even close. Sancjez has shown more and accomplished more already in the NFL than Henne ever will. Sanchez is a top 8 NFL QB NOW, and someday will be a top 3 QB. Henne is a run of the mill QB, who will never amount to more than a "Jake Delhomme" status. -Edge JETS

RB - Jets in a runaway. RB and RW are getting old and fumble alot and don't have breakaway speed. Green and LT are both better. Ricky or Ronnie would be third string in our offense.

WR - Jets again in a runaway. Braylon is as good talent wise as Brandon Marshall and has better deep down the field speed. I would take Cotchery and Holmes and Clowney way over the dregs of Devon Bess and Brian Hartline (lol)

OL - It's pretty close, but Mangold and D,Brick are better athletes than anyone Miami has. Jake Long is the only OL who would even start for us.

I am not even going to discuss the defense. Its not evenup for debate. WHo on the Dolphins would even start for us??? Karlos Dansby maybe the only one. and that is stretching it.

Guys, it's not even close. We are much better than the Dolphins in every area. They have maybe 3 players on their starting 22 who could MAYBE start for us (Long, Marshall, and Dansby). The talent disparity is remarkable.

Yes, you still have to play the games on paper, but this one has the makings of a big time blowout. We should win it 35-7. It's as close to a sure thing as there is professional sports.
    This is homerism to the max.

QB: Edge Jets
    RB: Even
    WR: Edge Dolphins - Marshall > a partly benched Braylon and no Holmes
    TE: Jets
    O - Line: So far it's Dolphins
    D - Line: Even
    LB: Even
    Secondary: Even (even w/o Revis, but Vontae looks good)

This is going to be a tough game. With Pace, Braylon (playing a full game), Holmes, Revis, Mangold (fully healthy), this game is a run away...

Jets 21 - Dolphins 20 (Jets D holds on at the last minute)

Edit: I can't tell if your post was a joke or not
    Last edited by TurkJetFan; 09-24-2010 at 07:50 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    You're obviously a glass half full guy.....lol

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I feel the same way but.........why..why...why do you post this

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    ...take it easy with sanchez...had a good game last week...very nice...miami is improved and we are on the road...this is gonna be a tough one...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TurkJetFan View Post
    This is homerism to the max.

QB: Edge Jets
    RB: Even
    WR: Edge Dolphins - Marshall > a partly benched Braylon and no Holmes
    TE: Jets
    O - Line: So far it's Dolphins
    D - Line: Even
    LB: Even
    Secondary: Even (even w/o Revis, but Vontae looks good)

This is going to be a tough game

Jets 21 - Dolphins 20 (Jets D holds on at the last minute)
    Im not being a homer. Is there any area you could argue that we dont have a decided edge? Even at WR, Edwards can equal Marshall production and Clowney and Cothchery are better than Hartline and Bess. Its seems like I am being a homer, but there is not very much to argue. When it comes to talent and probowl players, we are stocked. Again, name more than 3 players who could start for us on either side of the ball??

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    the doltfins are so bad the jets lost twice to them last season. c'mon. the jets should win but they will need to play a full 60 minutes and play smart. take chances when they are there but otherwise take what's available. one thing the jets were susceptible last season was the hurry up offense the doltfins can run with the puddytat offense. of course at least ted ginn isn't there to repeat the returns of last season. and let's see if edwards uses his benching to good advantage.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

1. You are telling me Sanchez is a top EIGHT quarterback? Overreaction of last week much? Brees, Brady, Mcnabb, Garrard, Rodgers, Manning, Favre, Cutler, Palmer, and etc are all better than Sanchez.
    And the game is played on paper? LOL

And you are discounting the Dolphins running game. Ronnie and Ricky worry me. If we can make Miami one dimensional, we will win.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

i lov e when people compare pos to pos? what is this fantasy? sanchez doesnt play vs henne ..he has to play fish def and henne has to play our def..waste of time to compare like that

'

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sameoldjets View Post
    the doltfins are so bad the jets lost twice to them last season. c'mon. the jets should win but they will need to play a full 60 minutes and play smart. take chances when they are there but otherwise take what's available. one thing the jets were susceptible last season was the hurry up offense the doltfins can run with the puddytat offense. of course at least ted ginn isn't there to repeat the returns of last season. and let's see if edwards uses his benching to good advantage.
    We LOST both of those games of our own volition. The Dolphins didn't win. There is a difference. Yes, a W is a W and we didnt get it done, but Rex and Co. won't make the same mistakes again. I think we don't repsect Miami in any way, shape, or form and will play very loose and take chances. It will be the antithesis of the Ravens game. I can see Mark going down field multiple times. We will see some chances on 4th downs and us being very aggressive in their territory. I dont see amy fear our reason not to open it up on these guys.

When you have our D and their anemic O,we can afford to take chances and play loose. Even in the best of circumstances, they wont be able to muster more than 10 points on this defense. That, you can take to the bank.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    We LOST both of those games of our own volition. The Dolphins didn't win. There is a difference. Yes, a W is a W and we didnt get it done, but Rex and Co. won't make the same mistakes again. I think we don't repsect Miami in any way, shape, or form and will play very loose and take chances. It will be the antithesis of the Ravens game. I can see Mark going down field multiple times. We will see some chances on 4th downs and us being very aggressive in their territory. I dont see amy fear our reason not to open it up on these guys.

When you have our D and their anemic O,we can afford to take chances and play loose. Even in the best of circumstances, they wont be able to muster more than 10 points on this defense. That, you can take to the bank.
    ...ur up to 14 posts...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Im not being a homer. Is there any area you could argue that we dont have a decided edge? Even at WR, Edwards can equal Marshall production and Clowney and Cothchery are better than Hartline and Bess. Its seems like I am being a homer, but there is not very much to argue. When it comes to talent and probowl players, we are stocked. Again, name more than 3 players who could start for us on either side of the ball??
    Braylon may not play much and Brandon Marshall > Braylon Edwards come on..

Cotchery is good but waiting for him to show up..

Clowney? Come on man....

Their O-line has played better than our O-line to this point.

Their secondary has played at a high level..

Their D-line has made plays...

I think the Jets win this game but to say it's not even close is no doubt being a homer

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TurkJetFan View Post
    Braylon may not play much and Brandon Marshall > Braylon Edwards come on..

Cotchery is good but waiting for him to show up..

Clowney? Come on man....

Their O-line has played better than our O-line to this point.

Their secondary has played at a high level..

Their D-line has made plays...

I think the Jets win this game but to say it's not even close is no doubt being a homer

I guess I sound like a homer, but I am not saying anything that most of us don't already feel. I have talked to alot of fans this weekend about this game and I havent seen more than a handful of Jets fans worried about this game. They are confident and have every reason to be. We beat quality playoff teams while Miami has struggled to eek out wins against mediocre teams. That has alot to say here. I will be suprised if we don't win in a blowout fashion. I will be shocked actually. Yes, anything can happen, but in reality, we will win this game going away.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Slow down there. V.Carey over woody,The rookie guard over slausen,Cameron Wake over Thomas,Misi,Vontae Davis,Y Bell.
    If you watched the Viking game once the fins were up 14-0 they were all about holding onto that lead till it was time to leave the building. Wake and Misi are extremely dangerous off the edge. Their secondary is 10xs better then the Patriots, V.Davis could very well be all-pro this year. J.Allen is playing good on the outside(2 ints)Smith is a tall fast cb who they will have covering Keller all day. Bell and clemons are good safetys. Last week every Sanchez pass was burning that same cb,that seemed to be his only read(it was also a very smart read)
    I think this is an extremly tough game for the Jets to win. Miami has not tried to push the offense much and the fact of the matter is the offense looks good the first couple of series a game ,once the get the lead they turn it over to the defense and running game.
    If the jets win it will be a very tough win

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just saying this right here.

I thought the Colts could easily handle the Texans.....I thought the Patriots would route you guys....any give Sunday, it could be your day to lose. Dolphins have momentum on their side and they are not a push down like some people on here think they are.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Randy Starks, Brandon Marshall, Jake Long would all definitely start for the Jets.

I'd say Vontae Davis is probably better than Cromartie as well.

After that Cameron Wake (OLB), Karlos Dansby (ILB), Yeremiah Bell (S), Lousaka Polite (FB), Ronnie Brown (RB) and Vernon Carey (RT) are all on par with the players that the Jets have all those positions, who you think is better probably depends on which team you root for.

The Jets do have more talent. But the game is on the road, it's the opener for Miami, and it's going to be hot and humid. I think we'll win but I'm not as confident in a W as others are.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree that the Jets should win this game, but they also should have won both games that they lost to the Phins last year!!! This is why we play the games!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Randy Starks, Brandon Marshall, Jake Long would all definitely start for the Jets.

I'd say Vontae Davis is probably better than Cromartie as well.

After that Cameron Wake (OLB), Karlos Dansby (ILB), Yeremiah Bell (S), Lousaka Polite (FB), Ronnie Brown (RB) and Vernon Carey (RT) are all on par with the players that the Jets have all those positions, who you think is better probably depends on which team you root for.

The Jets do have more talent. But the game is on the road, it's the opener for Miami, and it's going to be hot and humid. I think we'll win but I'm not as confident in a W as others are.
    +1

They do have 3 that would start for us and a few that are coin flips. I still don't buy into the Dolphins as a legitimate threat. People are giving them waaaay too much credit right now. They squeaked out a win vs. the Bills. Favre is a mess right now and played horribly last week, and they still should have beat the Dolphins. I guess I'm a little concerned with the Dolphins D, but I don't see them doing anything on Offense. Rex showed that he has figured out the wildcat, which is the only reason they beat us in game 1 last year.

I think we will be able to run it down their throats, and that will open things up for Sanchez with playaction.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    what an opening 3 games! Pure excitement for each. Win or lose, it won't have quite the same feeling next week at Buffalo. I always feel good about the Jets chances in this stadium. They don't win every game in Miami but they win there most of the time recently, and if they've lost, it's been a close battle. I actually always feel better about the game when they are at Miami.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Over the past 4 or 5 years that I've been on this site there have been at least a half dozen or more of these totally foolish, "There is no way we will lose!" threads and we have lost. I put ZERO stock in these things. The Jets can beat any team in the league if they play well and lose against any team in the league if they play poorly.

There was no way in the world we could lose to the Phins last year and we let Ted freakin Ginn run back two kicks against us. There is no way we could lose to a terrible Buffalo team last year.....we lost.