Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: *** Official '10-'11 New York Rangers Thread ***

Veteran
    DStep killin it tonight! My boy Dubi was lookin good as well. The team resembled, albeit one game, like the way Tampa Bay looked under Torts with constant preasure on the forecheck. I like it!
    Last edited by jetsnrangers; 10-10-2010 at 11:27 AM.

All Pro
    Team is built very oddly. Balanced scoring the first few games but I doubt that can last. As long as the young guys get better and we keep growing cap space, I can finally feel positive of the long term future of the Rangers.

BTW Drury comes back Friday and if not then, very soon. Who goes down? Where do you play him?

Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet View Post
    Team is built very oddly. Balanced scoring the first few games but I doubt that can last. As long as the young guys get better and we keep growing cap space, I can finally feel positive of the long term future of the Rangers.

BTW Drury comes back Friday and if not then, very soon. Who goes down? Where do you play him?
    I put Drury on the 3rd line. Stepan is much more talented offensively and looked very comfortable between Gabby and Froloaf. I would like to see Stepan get the nod over Drury as Stepan's skill set is greater than that of Drury's.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by kennedy fried Toon View Post
    I put Drury on the 3rd line. Stepan is much more talented offensively and looked very comfortable between Gabby and Froloaf. I would like to see Stepan get the nod over Drury as Stepan's skill set is greater than that of Drury's.
    Agreed. Who are you taking out of the line-up though?

Agreed. Who are you taking out of the line-up though?
    I thought Christianson has already been removed due to injury. If not, I remove Boyle. No way do I put Stepan on the 4th line. Stepan 1st C, Dubi 2nd C, Drury 3rd C, Christianson 4th C.

I am a little pissed that Sauer is not playing tonight so that Gilroy can get in the line-up. Eminger should be the odd man out. Not a fan at all.

Jets Insider VIP
    Isn't it nice to have a quality #2 goalie?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Isn't it nice to have a quality #2 goalie?
    Yes, MB is more of a positional upright goalie. Last 2 games were all attack, love the style. You know it's working when Torts isn't messin with the lines too much. Time to beat up the doughboy tonight.

Jets Insider VIP
    Wade Redden has 6 points in 8 games with The Whale.

He had 14 in 75 games with the Rangers last season.

Veteran
    Wade Redden has 6 points in 8 games with The Whale.

He had 14 in 75 games with the Rangers last season.
    He's playing at a high AHL level right now, good for him and his 6m.
    Rozi is playing really good right now, the fans at the garden need to get off the guy already. It's a friggin embarassment that "fans" are booing the 8th leading defenseman in scoring.

Avery looks better than ever

Prust seems to get better each game quickly becoming my favorite ranger behind Avery

The cally- dub- Artie line is so much fun to watch

Boyle looks improved

This team seems to be taking to torts a lil better this year

Hopefully things get even better when gab drury ant prospal come back

Should be an exciting season

Not really crazy about boogard or the the revolving 3rd pair defense

Veteran
    DOOOOOOOOBIE!!!

Just had to say that.

Veteran
    Rollin, what a beat down last night.
    Avery caught the guy off guard but he was facing him.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsnrangers View Post
    Rollin, what a beat down last night.
    Avery caught the guy off guard but he was facing him.
    I agree. Avery's deal wasn't as bad as it was made out to be. Everything Avery does is under a microscope and really pisses me off that the guy never gets the calls when he should. He's had an excellent season so far and has played very solid IMO.

Nice to have Gabby back. What a difference his presence makes on the ice.

Tonight is a real test though. The Pens are playing well again. (**** that was hard to say).

Note to Ben's Angel: Don't you dare post in this thread unless you take down your gay shirtless signature pics! I'm serious!

Veteran
    No matter how hard the refs tried the Rangers reigned triumphant!

F U Bettman, Sid and all the refs!

DOOOOOOOOOOOOBBBBBBBBBBBIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEE!!!! !

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsnrangers View Post
    No matter how hard the refs tried the Rangers reigned triumphant!

F U Bettman, Sid and all the refs!

DOOOOOOOOOOOOBBBBBBBBBBBIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEE!!!! !
    Amen!

That was one of the most despicable displays of refereeing I've ever seen!

Watched it again and it's amazing how they not only screwed up calls they made but how many they missed on that bunch of flopping pu**sies in black. 5 powerplays to ZERO! Impossible under normal circumstances.

And then there's the classy Penis fans behind the net giving the finger to the Rangers players. Phuck them! They got what they deserved!! A LOSS!!
    Last edited by Jordy; 11-16-2010 at 08:41 AM.

Veteran
    Bump

All Pro
    Crosbys slew foot last night was a joke. He is ridiculous but man what a *****. He represents everything I hate about the NHL now. A slew foot comes with a match penalty and ejection. He drew a penalty on it. He is basically getting the treatment guys like Dwayne Wade get in the NBA. I get that the league thinks very highly of their young stars but its seriously unbelivable to think you have to play the refs in addition to a team more talented than you.

I havent posted on the team in a while since Ive really been up on the Jets but the team is so agressive. I absolutely love the style of play. They forecheck really well and have overcome a lack of top end talent. The team still needs a top centerman but the only one available anytime soon is Brad Richards.
    Last edited by Bay Ridge Jet; 11-30-2010 at 04:58 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Crosbys slew foot last night was a joke. He is ridiculous but man what a *****. He represents everything I hate about the NHL now. A slew foot comes with a match penalty and ejection. He drew a penalty on it. He is basically getting the treatment guys like Dwayne Wade get in the NBA. I get that the league thinks very highly of their young stars but its seriously unbelivable to think you have to play the refs in addition to a team more talented than you.

I havent posted on the team in a while since Ive really been up on the Jets but the team is so agressive. I absolutely love the style of play. They forecheck really well and have overcome a lack of top end talent. The team still needs a top centerman but the only one available anytime soon is Brad Richards.
    I hope they don't chase expensive talent like Richards. I like the make-up of the team. Kinda reminds me of the way the Sabres have played over the last few years with lesser talent. Trading blue chip assets are waiting until FA and overpaying for Richards will undo what Sather has accomplished in the last couple of years.

Jets Insider VIP
    Unfortunately had to watch the Islanders feed the last 2 nights.

Butch Goring is an insufferable homer.

Veteran
    Unfortunately had to watch the Islanders feed the last 2 nights.

Butch Goring is an insufferable homer.
    Ugh, that pig faced mongoloid. I feel bad for you bro. Another good win, really like the way the D is stepping up. Eminger is a nice surprise so far and Avery is doing what he do.
    Nice win