Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 85

Thread: *** Official '10-'11 New York Rangers Thread ***

  1. #41
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    25,685
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsnrangers View Post
    Ugh, that pig faced mongoloid. I feel bad for you bro. Another good win, really like the way the D is stepping up. Eminger is a nice surprise so far and Avery is doing what he do.
    Nice win
    Goring and Howie (Face for Radio) Rose are morons. They said that Joensuu got the extra 2 minutes for instigating a fight against a player with a visor (Callahan). He got it because HE wears a visor (Unsportsmanlike for instigating with a visor).

    Maybe Sharrow could explain this for us. LOL

  2. #42
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    7,239
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jordy, I think they're goin to go for Richards. Hockey NIght in Canada basically made it sound like they wouldn't even wait for him to hit the open market out of fear that another team will swoop in.

  3. #43
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shaolin
    Posts
    6,473
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm pro Richards if we don't give up anything of too much value on the club right now, I'm for giving up mediocre NHL talent and good prospects

    Maybe something like forlov,gilroy,gravec, mcilrath and a pick or something of that nature

  4. #44
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,710
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Goring and Howie (Face for Radio) Rose are morons. They said that Joensuu got the extra 2 minutes for instigating a fight against a player with a visor (Callahan). He got it because HE wears a visor (Unsportsmanlike for instigating with a visor).

    Maybe Sharrow could explain this for us. LOL
    You're right, they're wrong, i think.

  5. #45
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    25,685
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonySerp View Post
    I'm pro Richards if we don't give up anything of too much value on the club right now, I'm for giving up mediocre NHL talent and good prospects

    Maybe something like forlov,gilroy,gravec, mcilrath and a pick or something of that nature
    I'm pretty sure Dallas would want at least one if not 2 of the following: Callahan, Dubinsky, Staal and Del Zotto.

    Cally and Dube play so well together and feed off each other, I can't see letting either go. It would probably negatively affect the one who remains. And Staal and Del Zotto are young studs on D. There comes a point when
    Sather just needs to say no. Richards is on the wrong side of 30 and has a lot of wear and tear on his body. To me, it would be a 1 or 2 year asset and would mean giving up at least one or two assets that have a lot of years ahead of them. Possibly All-Star years as well.

    Frolov has been a huge disappointment. And Torts doesn't help his cause by throwing him out there with a variety of linemates. I wish he'd stay with the Gaborik line and let them develop something between them.

  6. #46
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    25,685
    Post Thanks / Like
    Doesn't get any sweeter than witnessing a 4-goal 3rd period to beat the pansies in Pittsburgh and hold them to one goal.

    Losing Callahan made it a bittersweet victory.

  7. #47
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    1,573
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great win! F cindy crybaby. Losing Cally for 6 weeks hurts though. It's gonna be Drury stepping into his special teams minutes(pk anyway). He does a lot but at the same token when they lost Gabby, the team stepped up. A real team effort game in game out with this group, Torts has them moving big time.

  8. #48
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,710
    Post Thanks / Like
    So much for the refs helping Pittsburgh win, huh?

    Sorry about Callahan though.

  9. #49
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    1,573
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharrow View Post
    So much for the refs helping Pittsburgh win, huh?

    Sorry about Callahan though.
    I was fully amazed at the no goal call, I thought for sure it would swing like it usually does in pitts favor. It didn't matter in the end anyway. Losing Cally does blow big time.

  10. #50
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    25,685
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsnrangers View Post
    I was fully amazed at the no goal call, I thought for sure it would swing like it usually does in pitts favor. It didn't matter in the end anyway. Losing Cally does blow big time.
    The refs last night were unusually fair and decent considering it involved the team of the NHL's Boy Wonder Who Can Do No Wrong. Of course, Cindy wasn't called on that late low-bridging hit on Boyle and Malkin was allowed to punch Boyle in the face a few times without a call. But hey, the better team won last night.

  11. #51
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,710
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsnrangers View Post
    I was fully amazed at the no goal call, I thought for sure it would swing like it usually does in pitts favor. It didn't matter in the end anyway. Losing Cally does blow big time.
    If they don't take that goal from the Pens, maybe they're the ones scoring the next two. Huge momentum change there, imo.

  12. #52
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    25,685
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharrow View Post
    If they don't take that goal from the Pens, maybe they're the ones scoring the next two. Huge momentum change there, imo.
    And If Dupuis didn't jam his stick blade into Lundqvist's pads preventing him from moving laterally, maybe the goal never gets scored.

  13. #53
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    1,573
    Post Thanks / Like
    This team is finding a way to get it done no matter how late and what the score is in every game. Finally they're playing like the Lightning did under Torts but with a little less talent. Biron has proven to be a more than serviceable back up to Hank when he's called upon. The right guys are hitting they're stride in this system too(BB,AA,BP,BD especially).
    On the the flyers, big test comin'.

  14. #54
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,710
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    And If Dupuis didn't jam his stick blade into Lundqvist's pads preventing him from moving laterally, maybe the goal never gets scored.
    I guess it doesn't matter that he got pushed into him.

  15. #55
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    25,685
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharrow View Post
    I guess it doesn't matter that he got pushed into him.
    You do realize that Rozsival was outside the crease when Dupuis forced his way in behind him and shoved his stick into Lundqvist's pads and that Dupuis was the only one of the two in the crease? And that Rozsival had his back to him the whole time? Rozsival did not push or shove him. He merely backed up and Dupuis made no effort to get out of the way and/or get his stick out of Lundqvist's pads. Maybe that's why the goal was immediately waved off? But of course I don't expect you to concede that or admit it.

  16. #56
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,710
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    You do realize that Rozsival was outside the crease when Dupuis forced his way in behind him and shoved his stick into Lundqvist's pads and that Dupuis was the only one of the two in the crease? And that Rozsival had his back to him the whole time? Rozsival did not push or shove him. He merely backed up and Dupuis made no effort to get out of the way and/or get his stick out of Lundqvist's pads. Maybe that's why the goal was immediately waved off? But of course I don't expect you to concede that or admit it.
    Lol, thats not how I remember it. Dupuis wasnt in the crease until Rozsival backed into him and pushed him into it. And what does it matter that he had his back to him the whole time? You need a lesson in physics if you don't think a player moving backwards can affect another one? That's just ridiculous.

  17. #57
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    25,685
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharrow View Post
    Lol, thats not how I remember it. Dupuis wasnt in the crease until Rozsival backed into him and pushed him into it. And what does it matter that he had his back to him the whole time? You need a lesson in physics if you don't think a player moving backwards can affect another one? That's just ridiculous.
    The referee obviously didn't agree with your homer assessment and made the right call. Now go back to the pensie thread.

  18. #58
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    25,685
    Post Thanks / Like
    My nomination for most overrated Ranger so far this year: Dan Girardi.

    I like the guy. He's gutsy. Yes he leads the NHL in blocked shots. Which is a valuable asset.

    But he also gives away the puck (26) WAY too much compared to his takeaways (16). He also led the Rangers in that department last year.

    His last one lead to a Tampa Bay goal and it was an atrocious giveaway. Yes, Rozsival also gave one away which lead to a goal but it was a greater play by Martin St. Louis than anythig else. At least Rozsival's takeaways (15) exceed his giveaways (12) so far this season.

    Not saying that Girardi is a bad player or that the Rangers need to get rid of him. Just saying he is overrated. He needs to take care of the puck a lot better than he has.

    That is all.

  19. #59
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Bronx
    Posts
    847
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    My nomination for most overrated Ranger so far this year: Dan Girardi.

    I like the guy. He's gutsy. Yes he leads the NHL in blocked shots. Which is a valuable asset.

    But he also gives away the puck (26) WAY too much compared to his takeaways (16). He also led the Rangers in that department last year.

    His last one lead to a Tampa Bay goal and it was an atrocious giveaway. Yes, Rozsival also gave one away which lead to a goal but it was a greater play by Martin St. Louis than anythig else. At least Rozsival's takeaways (15) exceed his giveaways (12) so far this season.

    Not saying that Girardi is a bad player or that the Rangers need to get rid of him. Just saying he is overrated. He needs to take care of the puck a lot better than he has.

    That is all.
    I agree. Girardi looked prime to make the jump to an elite defenseman last year and his play completely fell off. I seem to remember him hitting his head on the ice early last season in a fight and he hasnt looked the same since. Going with the thread idea my most underrated player is: Michael Sauer. Whats not to love about this guy? Gritty in his end, skilled offensively and always manages to put the puck on net when there is no other option. Talk about making an impact in his first year. Love the minutes this guy is getting and bring that physical presence the Rangers have been missing for sometime on the blue line.

    BTW, kudos to Torts on benching Del Zotto. MDZ may be good in the offensive end but he is atrocious defensively. Hopefully this demotion will be a learning experience. Bottom line..there is no way Torts should let MDZ or Gilroy cut into Sauer's icetime. The man is playing lights out and hopefully will be a permanent fixture for sometime.

  20. #60
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    25,685
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kennedy fried Toon View Post
    I agree. Girardi looked prime to make the jump to an elite defenseman last year and his play completely fell off. I seem to remember him hitting his head on the ice early last season in a fight and he hasnt looked the same since. Going with the thread idea my most underrated player is: Michael Sauer. Whats not to love about this guy? Gritty in his end, skilled offensively and always manages to put the puck on net when there is no other option. Talk about making an impact in his first year. Love the minutes this guy is getting and bring that physical presence the Rangers have been missing for sometime on the blue line.

    BTW, kudos to Torts on benching Del Zotto. MDZ may be good in the offensive end but he is atrocious defensively. Hopefully this demotion will be a learning experience. Bottom line..there is no way Torts should let MDZ or Gilroy cut into Sauer's icetime. The man is playing lights out and hopefully will be a permanent fixture for sometime.
    Sauer's been a pleasant surprise. Very solid defensively with a little offensive flair. I don't think he'll ever be more than a #5, but he's been very steady. It will be interesting to see what happens next year. Will McDonough be ready? McIlrath is probably 2 years away.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us