Thread: Pat Tillman's Brother Interview with Bill Maher

All League

Pat Tillman's Brother Interview with Bill Maher

Interesting vid to say the least.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_t_V_7U8qdc
    Last edited by MCBNY; 09-28-2010 at 10:27 PM.

Veteran
    Thanks for sharing the video. I admire his honesty.

Veteran
    Looking forward to Netflix getting this.

Hall Of Fame
    He made some great points in this interview and Pat Tillman and his family deserved better treatment by the Army.

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Was Tillman murdered?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Was Tillman murdered?
    Sadly it is a question that should of been asked.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    Sadly it is a question that should of been asked.
    Is it SOP to burn his clothes and diary?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Was Tillman murdered?
    I don't know.

Was he? Obviously you have an opinion you're looking to share/promote, so just say it. What is your theory here?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    I don't know.

Was he? Obviously you have an opinion you're looking to share/promote, so just say it. What is your theory here?
    Nope.

People get murdered.

I was wondering if anyone has read his Mom’s book or seen this movie. The interview made Tillman's death seem sketchy.

My only opinion is that the Army (or whoever) was wrong in trying to make political hay out of his death. But I believe that is basically everyone's opinion.

Hall Of Fame
    murdered or not it is humorous to me how he became the face of the war after he died and how a mostly republican base carried him as such a hero and role model for them, of course until it turns out that he was from a liberal atheist family, oops...after taht and the cloud over his death they kind of stopped talking about him

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Mean Bro Green View Post
    murdered or not it is humorous to me how he became the face of the war after he died and how a mostly republican base carried him as such a hero and role model for them, of course until it turns out that he was from a liberal atheist family, oops...after taht and the cloud over his death they kind of stopped talking about him
    That is an accurate statement.....

All League
    I don't know.

It certainly sounds like he was murdered. Shot from close range, burning all of his personal stuff after the death, government lying about it all, etc.

Why would they try to cover it up if he wasn't murdered?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    That is an accurate statement.....
    I should say that even though they know brush him under the rug, he remains a hero

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by MCBNY View Post
    It certainly sounds like he was murdered. Shot from close range, burning all of his personal stuff after the death, government lying about it all, etc.

Why would they try to cover it up if he wasn't murdered?
    Standard Issue Public Relations? Same reason most things get covered up, it looks bad.

Look at it this way, Tillman was a popular hero, and he gets nailed by his own side (assume for the moment pure accident/friendly fire/no conspiracy).

****, what is the army to do, they just killed (albeit accidentally) an American Hero with U.S. bullets. Sure, friendly fire is a fact of Warfare, but in today's media-hungry culture where everyone thinsk war is clean and pretty and CSI is really how crime scenes work, it's a concept that doesn't go over too well.

They also have a war thats not exactly popular.

So what is a Government to do? Easy, tell the people he was killed by hostiles, make him more of a hero, try to keep the millitary's image clean, and build support for the War. All standard issue Public Relations stuff, and yes, a "cover up" obviously.

None of it, though, means he was "murdered", or that there was any greater reason behind his death than the simple reality of war.....friends sometimes kill friends in War. Once it happens though, it (like everything) needs "spun" to cause the least damage possible, or so the thinking goes.

I guess beyond all that, I'd have to ask....why would the Government want to murder Pat Tillman? Even if he grew to no longer believe in the fight, he certainly wasn't that important that he had to die for it. What woudl the Government have to gain by murdering him, then covering up that thay murdered him?

All League
    Standard Issue Public Relations? Same reason most things get covered up, it looks bad.

Look at it this way, Tillman was a popular hero, and he gets nailed by his own side (assume for the moment pure accident/friendly fire/no conspiracy).

****, what is the army to do, they just killed (albeit accidentally) an American Hero with U.S. bullets. Sure, friendly fire is a fact of Warfare, but in today's media-hungry culture where everyone thinsk war is clean and pretty and CSI is really how crime scenes work, it's a concept that doesn't go over too well.

They also have a war thats not exactly popular.

So what is a Government to do? Easy, tell the people he was killed by hostiles, make him more of a hero, try to keep the millitary's image clean, and build support for the War. All standard issue Public Relations stuff, and yes, a "cover up" obviously.

None of it, though, means he was "murdered", or that there was any greater reason behind his death than the simple reality of war.....friends sometimes kill friends in War. Once it happens though, it (like everything) needs "spun" to cause the least damage possible, or so the thinking goes.

I guess beyond all that, I'd have to ask....why would the Government want to murder Pat Tillman? Even if he grew to no longer believe in the fight, he certainly wasn't that important that he had to die for it. What woudl the Government have to gain by murdering him, then covering up that thay murdered him?

Who said the Government murdered Tillman?
    To me that sounds crazy.

I just asked if he was murdered.

Maybe he boinked someone else's girlfriend and that caused a violent retaliation?

Maybe he was a loud mouth liberal who was constantly yammering away at everyone and that led to a "shut the eff up" style execution?

Maybe he was deemed overly gung-ho (or ‘by the book’) by his team causing them to feel he was leading them foolishly into danger and he got ‘fragged’ (like in Vietnam) because of it?

Maybe he made fun of the wrong guy?

Maybe he was teamed with a sociopath who "needed" to kill?

Maybe there was a weapon malfunction?

I think we will never know. But that interview made me think something wrong happened. Obviously in the army’s haste to create a new Audie Murphy they destroyed or overlooked clues as to what really happened the day Pat Tillman was killed.

Who said the Government murdered Tillman?
    To me that sounds crazy.

I just asked if he was murdered.

Maybe he boinked someone else's girlfriend and that caused a violent retaliation?

Maybe he was a loud mouth liberal who was constantly yammering away at everyone and that led to a "shut the eff up" style execution?

Maybe he was deemed overly gung-ho (or ‘by the book’) by his team causing them to feel he was leading them foolishly into danger and he got ‘fragged’ (like in Vietnam) because of it?

Maybe he made fun of the wrong guy?

Maybe he was teamed with a sociopath who "needed" to kill?

Maybe there was a weapon malfunction?

I think we will never know. But that interview made me think something wrong happened. Obviously in the army’s haste to create a new Audie Murphy they destroyed or overlooked clues as to what really happened the day Pat Tillman was killed.
    It appears that someone took him out on purpose. Why? Who knows, but it's pretty apparent.