Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Turn on CBS if you want to see Mallett earn millions...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AceBoy View Post
    Good let the Bills draft him, cause I do not want to see Pryor in the AFCE in 2012.
    Pryor has been flat out beastly. I wasn't sold on him coming into this year, but he's played real well. He has to prove himself against Big Ten play though.

Question for the draftniks. Is Greg McElroy an NFL prospect at all? Also, where would Pryor be projected to go in the draft?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AceBoy View Post
    Good let the Bills draft him, cause I do not want to see Pryor in the AFCE in 2012.
    Pryor????

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MCBNY View Post
    Pryor has been flat out beastly. I wasn't sold on him coming into this year, but he's played real well. He has to prove himself against Big Ten play though.

Question for the draftniks. Is Greg McElroy an NFL prospect at all? Also, where would Pryor be projected to go in the draft?
    he's done great against sh!t teams this year....thankfully for OSU jacory harris is a worse QB....Pryor is headed in the right direction but he's got miles to go before he'll be considered anything other than a developmental signal caller...if he enters the '11 draft maybe third round- depending on if Foles of Arizona enters and how Kaepernick of Nevada throws in the post season...

McElroy is a marginal late round oick....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    he's done great against sh!t teams this year....thankfully for OSU jacory harris is a worse QB....Pryor is headed in the right direction but he's got miles to go before he'll be considered anything other than a developmental signal caller...if he enters the '11 draft maybe third round- depending on if Foles of Arizona enters and how Kaepernick of Nevada throws in the post season...

Foles is one of the most improved players I've seen.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post

In a world where Pat White is a 2nd round pick......I can't imagine Pryor going that late. Too many teams looking for a Wildcat QB with even marginal passing skills for the NFL.

Doesn't mean he deserves to go any higher then that though.

And Mallett reminds me of Henne quite a bit, and that's not a good comparison. All the tools you want, but inconsistent, often erratic accuracy, and seems to come up small in big spots. They had that game won, they just gave it away.

Andrew Luck is the keeper in this QB group. Not sure he comes out of school though.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    In a world where Pat White is a 2nd round pick......I can't imagine Pryor going that late. Too many teams looking for a Wildcat QB with even marginal passing skills for the NFL.

Doesn't mean he deserves to go any higher then that though.

And Mallett reminds me of Henne quite a bit, and that's not a good comparison. All the tools you want, but inconsistent, often erratic accuracy, and seems to come up small in big spots. They had that game won, they just gave it away.

Andrew Luck is the keeper in this QB group. Not sure he comes out of school though.
    Along those lines...

If Vince Young goes where he did...then where does Cam Newton go?

(Yes, I seriously went there.)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Seems like a number of the super hot QB prospects coming into this year have either fallen flat or just look not nearly ready.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    better for them to be exposed now (for the NFL Team's sake) then to continue with the mounting number of inflated and overhyped Quinns, Smiths, Russells, etc

... and i still have a boner for Mallet. I know I know, but i can't help it. Freakish size (unfat) and arm strength still get me excited with a guy like Mallet. my money is on him playin in our division for BUF. But then again, He doesn't fit the Gailey mold, so who knows (Pryor?)
    Last edited by Paradis; 09-29-2010 at 02:34 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mallett is as dumb as they come...

Nothing to worry about with him. Marino wasn't exactly smart either, but you could tell he was quick to figure things out.

Luck I could see becoming a good NFL QB. His arm is not a big time arm though... He's a slightly more athletic version of Chad which can be a very good NFL QB. Finds guys well and is pretty damn accurate.

Locker has nothing... Mallett has some stuff to like, but I can't get past the dumb quality he has.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    Mallett is as dumb as they come...

Nothing to worry about with him. Marino wasn't exactly smart either, but you could tell he was quick to figure things out.

Luck I could see becoming a good NFL QB. He's a slightly more athletic version of Chad which can be a very good NFL QB. Finds guys well and is pretty damn accurate.

Locker has nothing... Mallett has some stuff to like, but I can't get past the dumb quality he has.