Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can someone PLEASE teach Wilson how to turn around? (merged)

Rookie
    was at the game which always makes it a bit harder to evaluate things, but Cromartie Wilson, and even the safeties all seem to have an utter inability to locate a thrown ball... it is driving me insane. Absolutely insane. Its bad enough that Cromartie, specimen he is, is on the ground on at least a 1/3 of the time he is covering a target but now Wilson seems to be picking up on the Cromartie knack for never finding the ball.

Jets Insider VIP
    just checked the roster... It says Wilson is something called a "rookie"

In Revis' rookie year he was burnt so badly by Randy Moss in one game that SOJF were screaming that he was a bust and needed to be replaced as a starter

Rookie
    [QUOTE=Ven0m;3752819]Personally, I felt like he did turn around enough and the call was bogus.[/QUOTE]

Agreed

Three games into his NFL career, two of them on national TV, facing Wrs that much better than what he faced last season. Plus he has had some questionable calls go against him. He'll be just fine..........

[QUOTE=copernicus;3754549]Three games into his NFL career, two of them on national TV, facing Wrs that much better than what he faced last season. Plus he has had some questionable calls go against him. He'll be just fine..........[/QUOTE]

+1 they are just exploiting the rookie here...but it wasn't just wilson that didnt turn...cromartie on a few plays didnt turn either....hopefully thurman can fix it before they go to buffalo

We really missed 24 last night.

Still, a win is a win, but Wilson does need to improve, and as said in the thread title, learn to turn around and look for the ball. Horrible performance, but my feeling is he can only get better after that game, not worse.

Wow, you guys are harsh. 1st, the refs are calling stuff way to close this year, my god you can't breath on a receiver without getting a call.
    He had some bad plays but he was also jobbed on one call where he had perfect coverage AND turned his head around and he still got the laundry.

Sadly, he will get a reputation if he doesn't learn how to locate the ball & refs will single him out.
    Revis holds on 30% of his plays but he's so good about his awareness that he looks like the intended target instead of the defender.

Looks like Slauson has become somewhat of a target for laundry. That slight tug he made on the Sanchez run happens in every game on Sunday, sometimes they don't call it sometimes they do.

Back to Wilson- Revis missing all of camp has really hurt his development. If you remember in hard knocks, he really impressed the coaches. Problem is that instead of just learning the nickle job he was forced back into being a corner.
    I'm gonna give him a pass. Henning called a great game, the Fins receivers are actually underrated. Very disciplined routes that force coverage to chase
    and some VERY DIFFICULT over the shoulder catches RIGHT ON THE SIDELINES, with perfect throws! Sometimes you just have to give credit to the other team.

Seems like he is in the correct position to make a play, just never gets his head around to look for the ball and make an INT. I think that should be easy enough to fix. He'll be a good player, let's not over react just yet.

why is it PI when the wr was falling out of bounds anyway? i thought wilson was basically pinning the wr out of bounds w/o touching him.

[QUOTE=Gastineau99;3754646]Seems like he is in the correct position to make a play, just never gets his head around to look for the ball and make an INT. I think that should be easy enough to fix. He'll be a good player, let's not over react just yet.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. It's far better for a player to start off by focusing too much on the opposing player and not getting his head around than to be the type that turns around too early or is always looking into the offensive backfield.

Kyle Wilson

This kid never gets his head turned around to look for the ball! New England definately got the better of the two corners in the draft. McCourty has been playing like a vet.

Wilson is a Rook. His mistakes are fixable :yes:

Schluberator & Gadfly
    [QUOTE=el_dub80;3754861]Wilson is a Rook. His mistakes are fixable :yes:[/QUOTE]

+1

Give the kid a break.

I hear ya, but isn't looking for the ball like cornerback 101?

All League
    Alot of people thought the Giants got the better corner when we took Revis and they got Aaron Ross...so time will tell, but I'm not lovin what I see from him right now.

The pats have given up the 5th most points in the NFL and its not like they have played powerhouse offenses the first 3 weeks. They played the Jets, bills and Bengals. My guess is that mccourtey is getting alot of double help from his safeties as well.

The difference in New England is that they don't have a Revis or a Cromartie on one side so they aren't picking on Mccourtey.

Not sure who covered who on sunday, but Roscoe Parrish had 5 catches for 83 yards, Steve JOhnson was 3 for 66 and Lee Evans was 5 for 54. And that was with Ryan Fitzpatrick playing QB. The Jets have faced Flacco (everyones up and coming QB), Tom Brady and C Henne. Mccourtey faced Sanchez, Palmer and Fitzpatrick.

Lets see how Mccourtey does against Henne, Flacco, Favre, Manning and Big Ben over the next 7 games.

[QUOTE=jetman in indy;3754866]I hear ya, but isn't looking for the ball like cornerback 101?[/QUOTE]

There are 7 year vets in this league that still have no clue how to turn their head and locate the ball, and you're upset because a rookie playing in his 3rd game hasn't mastered one of the most difficult aspects of playing the CB position?

Get a clue?

We will give up 400 yards a game with Kyle Wison.

[QUOTE=genom;3752613]He's played like this the whole year. He's simply not ready. I love how many Jet fans claimed this kid had similar skills to Revis his rookie year. This kid couldn't hold a torch to Revis' rookie year, or his pre season for that matter. He's not ready..

Lowery needs to take the nickle once Revis comes back[/QUOTE]

-- ABsolutly Agree. ! Every opponent is picking on him. We are so fortunate that we did not get blasted for super more big yardage with him back there.

Cant we have LOWERY as the Safety and put Jim Leonard as the NICKLE.!:D

Wilson is a rookie with responsibilities that very few rookie corners have. It's rare that a rookie corner is good, we've been spoiled by Revis. He's three games in, the Jets will have to live with Wilson for the time being.

It doesn't help that the Jets get absolutely no pass rush, they barely touched Henne yesterday.