Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Can someone PLEASE teach Wilson how to turn around? (merged)

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I got a clue last night watching him never turn his head around all night long. I didn't realize turning around your head and looking for the ball took a masters degree in football science

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wilson is a rookie, one with obvious talent and potential.

Yes, he needs to learn to turn his head at the tail end of plays. That can be taught, give it time.

And yes, the Refs seem to be calling alot fo wonky P.I. calls this season.

No reason for worry as yet. This is what happens when you rely on a rookie DB.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with ya fish about being a rookie etc., I do expect to see him coached up on this issue and time will tell.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Hartline play on the sideline was absolutely not pass interference...

That said, part of being good is being able to make that turn. When you are trying that hard to keep up and stay in good position, it's very difficult to actually make the turn.

Wilson will be fine though. He's a 23 year old rookie who will get better. His quickness in and out of breaks is very good and that is all you need to eventually get good.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    no one points out that Cromartie sucks?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetman in indy;3754856]This kid never gets his head turned around to look for the ball! New England definately got the better of the two corners in the draft. McCourty has been playing like a vet.[/QUOTE]

are you kidding me, McCourty's been burned as many times as anyone in the league this year. He's made a few physical plays, but so has Wilson.

What an amateur assessment...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Rex Ryan;3754928]no one points out that Cromartie sucks?[/QUOTE]

Better start a new thread on that one.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    the big difference between a defense like steelers/ravens and jets is the pass rush. We rush 6-7 guys a lot and we still can't get the sack production... we should be able to get a pass rush with 4-5 guys. We need to draft some young and athletic OLB's and 3-4 DE's. I think next year we should really address that in the draft. Too bad Gholston is a bust.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Paradis;3754932]are you kidding me, McCourty's been burned as many times as anyone in the league this year. He's made a few physical plays, but so has Wilson.

What an amateur assessment...[/QUOTE]

Sorry to insult you with such a amateur assessment there paradis. I'm just making a statement based upon the times that i have watched McCourty so far. I'm not a Patriot fan so i don't watch their whole games. I just check in on the scores from time to time. I see the kid not getting beat deep and with excellent coverage when i happen to watch for a few minutes. I guess maybe he's getting burned when i'm not watching. My bad

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetman in indy;3754953]Sorry to insult you with such a amateur assessment there paradis. I'm just making a statement based upon the times that i have watched McCourty so far. I'm not a Patriot fan so i don't watch their whole games. I just check in on the scores from time to time. I see the kid not getting beat deep and with excellent coverage when i happen to watch for a few minutes. I guess maybe he's getting burned when i'm not watching. My bad[/QUOTE]

He's getting beat enough where it is surprising that you haven't seen him getting beat.

On the same note, Kareem Jackson has been getting beat quite a bit with Houston as well.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets are 2-0 in the division.
    Kw hasn't gotten beat for any tds yet right?
    He has to improve.that's a given.
    If u understand football, u will understand the d is having issues lining up.
    It will get fixed.
    Kw will get his head around.
    No need to panic.....
    Go jets
    Vince

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Rex Ryan;3754941]the big difference between a defense like steelers/ravens and jets is the pass rush. We rush 6-7 guys a lot and we still can't get the sack production... we should be able to get a pass rush with 4-5 guys. We need to draft some young and athletic OLB's and 3-4 DE's. I think next year we should really address that in the draft. Too bad Gholston is a bust.[/QUOTE]

Look at how the steelers played last year when Polamalu went down? They were middle of the pack in points allowed. We have played either without Revis or with a limited Revis (no preseason and pulled hammy) for the first 3 weeks. Our past rush and defense is prediacted on Revis shutting down one side of the field. The Jets can't do that now so they look inept rushing the passer.

We are also missing our number 1 pass rusher in Pace.

I do think we need to get a young stud pass rusher in the draft, but what team wouldn't snatch a guy like that if given the chance?

Once we get Revis and Pace back, no one will be complaining about our defense.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Heynowguy;3752827]Who else do we got?

He seems very overated.[/QUOTE]

He's got more tats than Revis at this stage of their respective careers.

Maybe the braids prevent neck rotation??

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=revischrist;3755254]Look at how the steelers played last year when Polamalu went down? They were middle of the pack in points allowed. We have played either without Revis or with a limited Revis (no preseason and pulled hammy) for the first 3 weeks. Our past rush and defense is prediacted on Revis shutting down one side of the field. The Jets can't do that now so they look inept rushing the passer.

We are also missing our number 1 pass rusher in Pace.

I do think we need to get a young stud pass rusher in the draft, but what team wouldn't snatch a guy like that if given the chance?

Once we get Revis and Pace back, no one will be complaining about our defense.[/QUOTE]

Putting up KW against all pro WR's, I would say he's doing about as good as you could ask right now . The technique will come, wait til we get Revis back, KW will look a lot better when he's back to lower class WR's, give him some time.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    someone should cut Wison's hair, as well.

was a fan of the selection. However, based on the first few games Dwight Lowery was better in year 1.

_

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    this was [I]always[/I] his problem, just watch film on Wilson since his junior season at BSU....

cornerbacks need to have eyes in the back of their heads, or at least be able to read the receivers eyes and project the ball coming their way as everyone is yelling "pass" of "ball"...

now- he showed signs of improvement at the Senior Bowl, which is the primary reason why he went from early second rounder to the top corner on many boards....i also thought he did well in the first half of the Ravens game but has obviously struggled since the second half of the game...

my opinion is things have sped up for him to the point he's more comfortable reverting to prior poor form....

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetman in indy;3754856]This kid never gets his head turned around to look for the ball! New England definately got the better of the two corners in the draft. McCourty has been playing like a vet.[/QUOTE]

QFT- except for last week against the Jets when he got beat just about every time they threw his direction..../sar

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=surviveone;3755011]Jets are 2-0 in the division.
    Kw hasn't gotten beat for any tds yet right?
    He has to improve.that's a given.
    If u understand football, u will understand the d is having issues lining up.
    It will get fixed.
    Kw will get his head around.
    No need to panic.....
    Go jets
    Vince[/QUOTE]

Yup, he's doing the best he can in a tough situation. A lot of us still believe K-Dub will be a great player.