Thread: Great teams overcome adversity, "Us against the world," that is our Jets!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Great teams overcome adversity, "Us against the world," that is our Jets!!!

Great teams pull together when the **** is hitting the fan around them, and great head coaches, or at least the kind of coach Ryan is, and how he prepares his team mentally AND emotionally, is why this same old Jets are dead, and the Rex Ryan Jets are here and making a statement.

The doubters killed us, hardknocks, the Azteca reporter, the overpouring of criticism against Edwards, overanalyzing the Jets' performance after week 1, we just beat two very good teams in our division, and with the walls closing in this past week where distractions easily tear apart most teams, this team pulls it together, lead by Ryan, go down to Miami, in the heat and humidity, in hostile territory, DEPLETED on defense with several key players out, and they play a great game.

Sure, we can nitpick about the defense, but that heat is murder on most teams. We should also acknowledged that this team was missing their 3 BEST players on D, Jenkins, Pace, and Revis.

Just OUTSTANDING!!!!!

Throw in the criticism on Schotty Jr, no Braylon, no Holmes, they come out on offense tonight and destroy the phins for the first 20 minutes of the game, that's coaching, that's gameplanning, that is execution.

Ryan, this team, the emergence of Sanchez, the way Braylon put it all aside, Tannenbaum and the talent he assembled and why this team's depth stood out tonight, all of it, what a great EFFING job by this team, winning this game, and making a statement.

They basically just gave the entire country and the haters their middle finger and said, "THAT IS OK, DOUBT US, KILL US, CALL US OUT, WE ARE THE JETS, AND WE ARE COMING BABY!!!!"

AWESOME!!!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've always loved it with everyone else doubting us and hating us. I hope it continues because Rex and the team feed off of it.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    +1

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love this man

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bump

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds familiar.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's only an "us against the world mentality" if you think it is.

I think the reason people hate the Jets is because they hate Rex running his mouth. IMHO, that's where it ends.

I think they criticized the team after week 1 for good reason. The coaches BONED Sanchez and didn't allow him a chance at winning. When people are watching that hate Ryan and his mouth, and they see the performance the team had? That's all they need to run their mouths in return.

But I have to agree with you about the stupidity of people in regards to Braylon Edwards. BE got a DWI. Now people are calling for the team to suspend him?!

First of all, they CANNOT, it's a league matter and must be handled by the league.

Second of all, there are many other teams out there that never suspended their DWI offenders. All I ask is that any punishment for BE is consistent with what other teams do.

Third of all, these critics out there must think our leadership is STUPID. The ONLY reason they want BE suspended is because it DECREASES our chances at winning. So then they can run their mouths some more. These critics out there should not question our intelligence, we're smarter than them EVERY day of the week and twice on Sundays.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;3754127]Great teams pull together when the **** is hitting the fan around them, and great head coaches, or at least the kind of coach Ryan is, and how he prepares his team mentally AND emotionally, is why this same old Jets are dead, and the Rex Ryan Jets are here and making a statement.

The doubters killed us, hardknocks, the Azteca reporter, the overpouring of criticism against Edwards, overanalyzing the Jets' performance after week 1, we just beat two very good teams in our division, and with the walls closing in this past week where distractions easily tear apart most teams, this team pulls it together, lead by Ryan, go down to Miami, in the heat and humidity, in hostile territory, DEPLETED on defense with several key players out, and they play a great game.

Sure, we can nitpick about the defense, but that heat is murder on most teams. We should also acknowledged that this team was missing their 3 BEST players on D, Jenkins, Pace, and Revis.

Just OUTSTANDING!!!!!

Throw in the criticism on Schotty Jr, no Braylon, no Holmes, they come out on offense tonight and destroy the phins for the first 20 minutes of the game, that's coaching, that's gameplanning, that is execution.

Ryan, this team, the emergence of Sanchez, the way Braylon put it all aside, Tannenbaum and the talent he assembled and why this team's depth stood out tonight, all of it, what a great EFFING job by this team, winning this game, and making a statement.

They basically just gave the entire country and the haters their middle finger and said, "THAT IS OK, DOUBT US, KILL US, CALL US OUT, WE ARE THE JETS, AND WE ARE COMING BABY!!!!"

AWESOME!!![/QUOTE]

"AND THAT'S ALL YOU CAN HANDLE!"
    rex ryan

Oops, the quote was actually, "AND THAT'S MORE THAN YOU CAN HANDLE"
    Last edited by jetster; 09-27-2010 at 12:32 PM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetster;3754773]"AND THAT'S ALL YOU CAN HANDLE!"
    rex ryan[/QUOTE]

we are the JETS YES WE ARE LOUD MOUTHS I LUV IT .we won the biggest S.B. we will always have HATTERS. p.s.ask # 12..

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;3754127]
    The doubters killed us, hardknocks, the [b]Association of Women in Sports Media[/b], the overpouring of criticism against Edwards, overanalyzing the Jets' performance after week 1,[/QUOTE]

Fixed. That reporter has since bashed that group for overreacting.... Just Sayin'...

[QUOTE=Mainejet;3754760]
    Third of all, these critics out there must think our leadership is STUPID. The ONLY reason they want BE suspended is because it DECREASES our chances at winning. So then they can run their mouths some more. These critics out there should not question our intelligence, we're smarter than them EVERY day of the week and twice on Sundays.[/QUOTE]

THIS. I mean c'mon....Do they really expect people to buy that sh*t? All someone has to do is ask Tony "What about Ronnie Brown and his DUI?" and "What about other players who have gotten DUI's and not been suspended recently and in the past? What's makes Braylon the Exception?"

I bet you he either has no answer, says "next question", or comes up with some asinine response that doesn't answer the question. And his Ears are freaky....

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=boxman;3754137]I've always loved it with everyone else doubting us and hating us. I hope it continues because Rex and the team feed off of it.[/QUOTE]

So far this season we're 2-0 as the dog, and 0-1 as the favorite. I've always loved it when we're the dog.