Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Darrelle Revis, Calvin Pace, and Santonio Holmes.

Our Offense was robbed by the refs so the score really didn't show how the Offense dominated in the second half. With Pace, Revis & Holmes all scheduled to be back soon the team should be very impressive at full strength.

All Pro
    Holmes and Edwards will be awesome as our two starting WR's the rest of the year. Add Keller in the mix, and you'll have a guy open on every play.:yes:

The Vikings are in desperate need of a WR. I'd send them JC for a number three once Holmes comes back(after the Viking game of course).

Smith and Clowney would be the backups, and we'd save some money getting rid of JC'S contract. Smith finally showed me something at WR tonight.JMO
    Last edited by 2009fatman; 09-27-2010 at 06:50 AM.

[QUOTE=Funaz;3754347]Holmes is not important. He's a number 2 receiver. Edwards is the nest receiver in all of NY by FAR.

[/QUOTE]

But I remember Greg Buttle on one of the preseason games telling me that a healthy Revis couldn't cover Holmes ;)

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=Untouchable;3754353]Dropping that game against Baltimore was the best thing to happen to us.

It made the coaching staff take the training wheels off Sanchez and let the kid ball.

We have ourselves a QB.

Holy sh*t, indeed.[/QUOTE]

+1.

The Baltimore fiasco is akin to the Bledsoe injury. Brian Schottenheimer blowing the Ravens game is our Mo Lewis moment.

SAR I

[QUOTE=Funaz;3754347]Holmes is not important. He's a number 2 receiver. Edwards is the nest receiver in all of NY by FAR.

We miss a healthy revis and pace badly.

I wish we would trade Holmes before he ever plays for us.[/QUOTE]

Wrong. Holmes is better and more consistent than Edwards. Edwards will be the odd guy out next year unless the Jets can sign both.

All Pro
    Enough with the cupcake comments.

NE almost choked on that 'cupcake' yesterday.

I'm sure everyone had TB, SEA and KC pegged as 'cupcakes' on their schedules this season. 8-1 so far. How do they like *those* cupcakes.

Bad teams play good games and vice versa. While I'm in agreement I'd rather Revis sit and cash his $800k check for nothing rather than risk making the hammy worse next week, I am not taking this game lightly.

[QUOTE=BIGKIDD325;3754332]I seriously doubt Pace or Revis play this week either against Buffalo. Our defense is pretty good without them, hold them out until they're 100% healthy and have no chance or re-aggravating injury, especially against a cupcake like Buffalo.

And Santoino is truly going to make this offense scary.[/QUOTE]

yes lets wait until mr.favre comes in following week for a little pay back!!

[QUOTE=nycdan;3754548]Enough with the cupcake comments.

NE almost choked on that 'cupcake' yesterday.

I'm sure everyone had TB, SEA and KC pegged as 'cupcakes' on their schedules this season. 8-1 so far. How do they like *those* cupcakes.

Bad teams play good games and vice versa. While I'm in agreement I'd rather Revis sit and cash his $800k check for nothing rather than risk making the hammy worse next week, I am not taking this game lightly.[/QUOTE]

+11111111111..best thing to happen yesterday..jets have game film to scare themn a little wont take them lightly

[QUOTE=2009fatman;3754504]Holmes and Edwards will be awesome as our two starting WR's the rest of the year. Add Keller in the mix, and you'll have a guy open on every play.:yes:

The Vikings are in desperate need of a WR. I'd send them JC for a number three once Holmes comes back(after the Viking game of course).

Smith and Clowney would be the backups, and we'd save some money getting rid of JC'S contract. Smith finally showed me something at WR tonight.JMO[/QUOTE]

NO WAY!! you dont trade your depth away and one of the few leaders on this team!!

We SHOULD coast to a win over Buffalo, and then get all 3 of those playmakers back for Minnesota. :yes:

If they are ready you dress them. They don't have to be in on every play, just enough to get their feet wet & eased back in.
    Buffalo is the perfect team to do it against. Revis played 60 minutes against the Ravens, he shouldn't have to do that against the Bills.

Rookie

o/t

[QUOTE=JETSALLDAY57;3754439]This is a damn scary team holmes will help open the passing game and the running game do you guys have any idea how sick this defense is gonna be when pace gets back imagine putting in a fresh jason taylor in the second half when the lineman start getting tierd and revis speakes for him self cromartie has had himself some damn good games as a jet yea he gave up alot tonight but he also had his fair shair of wins 1on1 with marshall with cromartie on the number 2 guys we have 2 outstanding corners this team is sick and im ****in pumped about it[/QUOTE]

i don't mean to hijack the thread, or be the punctuation police, but could you possible sprinkle in a comma or period once in awhile?

your posts are borderline unreadable.

PTI...

Santonio and Braylan are a hell of a 1-2 punch. I think some of you are a bit punch drunk on Braylan right now. He is a top notch reciever, but Santonio is a playmaker that's even more dangerous than Edwards. Either way Sanchez will have himself a plethera of targets here soon.

Rookie
    [QUOTE=jetster;3754587]If they are ready you dress them. They don't have to be in on every play, just enough to get their feet wet & eased back in.
    Buffalo is the perfect team to do it against. Revis played 60 minutes against the Ravens, he shouldn't have to do that against the Bills.[/QUOTE]

+1

[QUOTE=DevsJetsYanks88;3754373]I have a feeling every team we play this year will disagree with that.[/QUOTE]

+1

Jets saw Holmes as the front runner to get an extension after this season. Edward's recent legal issues added to that, but he has been good on the field. Love him as a red zone option for jump balls!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

While I'm salivating at thought of this team playing at full strength in the near future (or what amounts to full strength with the players we have available), the Jets can easily slip up with their full complement of players just like they can score on the opening drive last night, without holmes or edwards.

That Buffalo team did not look like it was going to lay down yesterday, and if there ever was a trap game, this coming Sunday is it. Buffalo is 0-3, is facing a lost season and will do anything and everything in its power to get its first win, especially against its most hated rival (I'll defer to any Bills fan, but I'm guessing they hate the Jets most).

3-1 would be great, especially how this season has progressed. But don't chalk up Sunday as a win just yet....game still needs to be played.

Jets Insider VIP
    JI Staff Photographer

[QUOTE=2009fatman;3754504]Holmes and Edwards will be awesome as our two starting WR's the rest of the year. Add Keller in the mix, and you'll have a guy open on every play.:yes:

Smith and Clowney would be the backups, and we'd save some money getting rid of JC'S contract. Smith finally showed me something at WR tonight.JMO[/QUOTE]

Why would you trade JC? Get rid of Clowney, he always drops the ball.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=BIGKIDD325;3754332]I seriously doubt Pace or Revis play this week either against Buffalo. Our defense is pretty good without them, hold them out until they're 100% healthy and have no chance or re-aggravating injury, especially against a cupcake like Buffalo.

And Santoino is truly going to make this offense scary.[/QUOTE]

While I don't think any divisional opponent is ever a "cupcake", I understand your thinking. I'd like to see them both sit as well, especially Revis. His injury could turn into one that lingers if he rushes back. I think they should make a coach's decision at the end of the week and keep him out.

[QUOTE=crasherino;3754668]While I'm salivating at thought of this team playing at full strength in the near future (or what amounts to full strength with the players we have available), the Jets can easily slip up with their full complement of players just like they can score on the opening drive last night, without holmes or edwards.

That Buffalo team did not look like it was going to lay down yesterday, and if there ever was a trap game, this coming Sunday is it. Buffalo is 0-3, is facing a lost season and will do anything and everything in its power to get its first win, especially against its most hated rival (I'll defer to any Bills fan, but I'm guessing they hate the Jets most).

3-1 would be great, especially how this season has progressed. But don't chalk up Sunday as a win just yet....game still needs to be played.[/QUOTE]

I agree with your point and clarify by saying that, from my experiences living in upstate/western NY, they hate the Patriots the most, followed by the Browns. The Jets are actually last in the AFC east in terms of teams Buff hates, since they have almost never been good at the same time as the Bills were.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=Funaz;3754347][B]Holmes is not important. He's a number 2 receiver[/B]. Edwards is the nest receiver in all of NY by FAR.

We miss a healthy revis and pace badly.

[B]I wish we would trade Holmes before he ever plays for us[/B].[/QUOTE]

You can't be serious and, if you are, you are very misinformed.

First of all, sounds like you're implying that because he's a #2, he's not important. That's completely false. Do you have any idea what kind of havoc he creates in a secondary? He is one of the best route runners in the NFL and has a great knack for making big catches at critical times. He will open up the passing game like we've never seen before from a Jets team (Namath era notwithstanding).

Holmes with Edwards, Cotch and Keller, sprinkled with some LT, will keep defensive coordinators up at night throughout the week. :yes: