Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Darrelle Revis, Calvin Pace, and Santonio Holmes.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=crasherino;3754668]
    That Buffalo team did not look like it was going to lay down yesterday, and if there ever was a trap game, this coming Sunday is it. Buffalo is 0-3, is facing a lost season and will do anything and everything in its power to get its first win, especially against its most hated rival (I'll defer to any Bills fan, but I'm guessing they hate the Jets most).

3-1 would be great, especially how this season has progressed. But don't chalk up Sunday as a win just yet....game still needs to be played.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't agree more.

This Buffalo game is a prototypical trap game (especially being on the road) and Rex has to take extra measures to prepare this team for it.

The one saving grace is that we're playing up there in early October and not late November or December.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;3754532]+1.

The Baltimore fiasco is akin to the Bledsoe injury. Brian Schottenheimer blowing the Ravens game is our Mo Lewis moment.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Best SAR I post ever.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;3754708]Couldn't agree more.

This Buffalo game is a prototypical trap game (especially being on the road) and Rex has to take extra measures to prepare this team for it.

The one saving grace is that we're playing up there in early October and not late November or December.[/QUOTE]

We also have the Bye after this game. So NO ONE will be LOOKING AHEAD.
    Rex will dangle the time off carrot in front of this team to inspire them.
    What do Olineman like to do?
    Run block
    This Buffalo front 7 is WORSE than last years. No Shoebel to give Dbrick fits.
    Chris Kelsey is not stout enough for our Oline.
    We ran for over 200 yards last year & as we have already been a witness to, LT is BETTER than TJ.
    The Terminator & Trich will soften up the Bills defense.
    You BEAR DOWN & wear out a small front 7. Danny Woodhead ran great against this team, Danny was our 54th best player.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Untouchable;3754353]Dropping that game against Baltimore was the best thing to happen to us.

It made the coaching staff take the training wheels off Sanchez and let the kid ball.

We have ourselves a QB.

Holy sh*t, indeed.[/QUOTE]

UT, as usual you are right on the pulse of this team.

Sanchez is playing pretty spectacular ball right now...I can't wait to get Pace, Revis and Holmes in the mix.

We really don't know how good this team is yet.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetster;3754837][B]We also have the Bye after this game. [/B]So NO ONE will be LOOKING AHEAD.
    Run block
    We ran for over 200 yards last year & as we have already been a witness to, LT is BETTER than TJ.
    You BEAR DOWN & wear out a small front 7. Danny Woodhead ran great against this team, Danny was our 54th best player.[/QUOTE]

Jets are playing Minny at home after Buffalo.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetster;3754837][U]We also have the Bye after this game. So NO ONE will be LOOKING AHEAD.[/U]
    Run block
    You BEAR DOWN & wear out a small front 7. Danny Woodhead ran great against this team, Danny was our 54th best player.[/QUOTE]

J, we play Minnesota and Denver after the Bills game...

Practice Squad
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL by way of Brentwood, New York.
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Chupa;3754146]HOLY **** :yes:[/QUOTE]

OH YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:yes:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FREEJET;3754533]Wrong. Holmes is better and more consistent than Edwards. Edwards will be the odd guy out next year unless the Jets can sign both.[/QUOTE]

Has the dude even played a down for us yet? I know he was productive in Pittsburgh but he hasn't even taken the field and we're heralding him as our X-Factor? :huh:

Edwards has produced for us in the last two games so far by scoring and by making his presence known in blocking

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

Darrelle Revis, Calvin Pace, and Santonio Holmes.

I think the best thing to do is wait until week 5 on
    MNF against the Vikings and ease the three back in slowly but surely

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Funaz;3754347]Holmes is not important. He's a number 2 receiver. Edwards is the nest receiver in all of NY by FAR.

We miss a healthy revis and pace badly.

I wish we would trade Holmes before he ever plays for us.[/QUOTE]

you must be smoking something great :P

[QUOTE=FreshBaked 24 7;3754931]Has the dude even played a down for us yet? I know he was productive in Pittsburgh but he hasn't even taken the field and we're heralding him as our X-Factor? :huh:

Edwards has produced for us in the last two games so far by scoring and by making his presence known in blocking[/QUOTE]

holmes is the better all around reciever. Imagine, edwards the tall go to guy, holmes is one of if not the best route runner in the nfl and has sure hands, and cotchery as our #3 tearing up d's on third down. and if they can find a way to cover all 3, we still have keller and LT. this offense is already becoming great through the air, it takes a step up when holmes is on the field

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=hatnlvr;3754499]Our Offense was robbed by the refs so the score really didn't show how the Offense dominated in the second half. With Pace, Revis & Holmes all scheduled to be back soon the team should be very impressive at full strength.[/QUOTE]

No really that sh1t has to stop with the refs.....

How many holding calls vs our OLINE last night?
    How many vs the Dolphins line who I watched BLATANLY HOLD!!! On some of our BLITZES!! I mean, If i can see their OLINE holding just like i watched ours hold on occassion, why is it that the flags are only being thrown against us in the 3 games we have played!! And how about getting A Roughing The Passer calls!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FreshBaked 24 7;3754931]Has the dude even played a down for us yet? I know he was productive in Pittsburgh but he hasn't even taken the field and we're heralding him as our X-Factor? :huh:

Edwards has produced for us in the last two games so far by scoring and by making his presence known in blocking[/QUOTE]

LBJ hasn't taken the court as a member of the Miami Heat either.

Yeah, I know, crazy analogy, but my point is, I think we can reasonably conclude what Holmes brings to the table based on his past play. Solid route runner. Quick. Great hands. Big playmaker. Plays big in big games. He makes the rest of the WR corps that much more dangerous.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Austin;3754461]They will downplay it.

The media wants the Jets to fail. A bigmouth fat coach who falls flat on his face sells newspapers and gets ratings.

It's not going to be until we [B]PROVE [/B]we are one of the best teams in the league (over several games) that the general media will begin to treat us like we deserve it.[/QUOTE]

What do the Jets need to prove? They beat the Bengals and the Chargers enroute to the AFC game. Maybe winning the AFC East? Now that would be special!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Imagine if the Jets came out today and said they had traded for the best CB in the league, a legitimate pass rusher, and a #1 WR and that they had given up nothing to get them.

That's essentially what's going to happen over the next couple of weeks.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BIGKIDD325;3754332]I seriously doubt Pace or Revis play this week either against Buffalo. Our defense is pretty good without them, hold them out until they're 100% healthy and have no chance or re-aggravating injury, especially against a cupcake like Buffalo.

And Santoino is truly going to make this offense scary.[/QUOTE]

Buffalo didn't look too shabby, just saying.