Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sanchez post game on NBC

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Sanchez post game on NBC

After his interview, Andrea Kremer turns to begin an interview with Braylon. Sanchez says, "Take it easy on my boy" and walks off.

Such a pleasure watching this kid turn into a leader.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let's ****ing ball, all year long.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Maury77;3754172]After his interview, Andrea Kremer turns to begin an interview with Braylon. Sanchez says, "Take it easy on my boy" and walks off.

Such a pleasure watching this kid turn into a leader.[/QUOTE]

:yes: Absolutely. He's really taking control of this team not only as a great player, but an awesome leader. He's been doing a great job.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Could some of his newfound maturity be.......helped by the mentoring of Mark Brunell?

:eek:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;3754200]Could some of his newfound maturity be.......helped by the mentoring of Mark Brunell?

:eek:[/QUOTE]

I dunno, could gramps really be mentoring him? :eek:

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Sanchez did a nice job.

But Braylon really said all the right things. After the way he got killed by the media this week, good to see him step up to the mic and handle the pressure.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I liked it when he gave credit to Nick Mangold for playing through his shoulder pain. How many times does an individual lineman get props for an extraordinary effort?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's great to see him make so much progress as a QB and as a leader on and off the field.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone else notice in the first half, when Boger went to call a penalty, and Sanchez ran over and told him his mic was off? Such a little thing but I loved it. Way to score brownie points with the refs!

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    (also?) told refs that the play clock was running.

I liked it last week when he was trying to tell the refs that there was a flag already on the ground before the start of the play.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=majormajor42;3754312](also?) told refs that the play clock was running.

I liked it last week when he was trying to tell the refs that there was a flag already on the ground before the start of the play.[/QUOTE]

Those azzhole refs dont care. They still let him get hit late and tonight vs Dolphins, he even had a DLINEMAN dive at his knees right in front of the refs.

And the holding calls on our team are ridiculous. When you know the other team is doing the same to us. How many holding calls on Dolphine OLinemen tonight?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;3754200]Could some of his newfound maturity be.......helped by the mentoring of Mark Brunell?

:eek:[/QUOTE]

Schotty told me personally that is what he was looking for in Brunell.

Not a joke.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=HitSomeone41;3754405]Those azzhole refs dont care. They still let him get hit late and tonight vs Dolphins, he even had a DLINEMAN dive at his knees right in front of the refs.

And the holding calls on our team are ridiculous. When you know the other team is doing the same to us. How many holding calls on Dolphine OLinemen tonight?[/QUOTE]

I thought we got screwed tonight by the Refs and we could of easily given up and let the refs give Miami the game. It seemed as though everytime we would make a great play the refs would call back-to-back penalties. I give props to our players for keeping their heads up and continuing to pound the ball down the field and light up the scoreboard.

GO JETS!!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=KingofNY;3754415]I thought we got screwed tonight by the Refs and we could of easily given up and let the refs give Miami the game. It seemed as though everytime we would make a great play the refs would call back-to-back penalties. I give props to our players for keeping their heads up and continuing to pound the ball down the field and light up the scoreboard.

GO JETS!!![/QUOTE]

Rex is starting to take note of the Holding call disparity against this team.
    He was livid a few times on the sidelines chewing out the zebra in front of him.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=KingofNY;3754415]I thought we got screwed tonight by the Refs and we could of easily given up and let the refs give Miami the game. [B]It seemed as though everytime we would make a great play the refs would call back-to-back penalties[/B]. I give props to our players for keeping their heads up and continuing to pound the ball down the field and light up the scoreboard.

GO JETS!!![/QUOTE]

These penalties have to be corrected...or it will kill our season. After that Sanchez TD run was called back due to zebra flags...taking 4 pts off of Jets score... I thought it could possibly be costly. As it is...Jets would've had a comfortable 12 point lead, instead of eight, when Fins were trying to score and tie it.

Jets must lead the league in penalties. And this has to stop soon...or it will bite Jets in the asx and ruin team's chances for the Quest.
    Last edited by GreenReaper; 09-27-2010 at 02:30 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Its refreshing to see that kind of maturity from a qoung franchise QB. He says all the right things and prepares like none other, the kid has the heart of a champion and the ability to go with it. Hopefully Sanchez can keep up his stellar play and lead this team for years to come.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's amazing to see the attitude toward Sanchez now versus two weeks ago (and I'm not pretending to be a guy who wasn't extremely frustrated with him two weeks ago... I was killing him -- and deservedly so -- but I'm glad to see him reward my long term faith).

He's got the persona, leadership, and attitude of a winner. IMO, regardless of physical skills, being a winner and knowing it is extremely important to being successful, and this kid is a leader and a winner, no doubt about it.

I herby promise that even if he sucks against the Bills next week I won't flip out and call him Rick Mirer. (I will obviously blame the coaching staff for that ;) )

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    my favorite part of his postgame interview was when he was asked about the two almost-picks:

"well, [I]one [/I]of them wasn't even close."

I didn't think he had the mental chops to be a leader, but he's looked pretty good these last two games.

Then again, I'm not going to jump the gun just yet. He looked pretty stellar during the first 1/4 of last season, too.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Narra;3754456]my favorite part of his postgame interview was when he was asked about the two almost-picks:

"well, [I]one [/I]of them wasn't even close."

I didn't think he had the mental chops to be a leader, but he's looked pretty good these last two games.

Then again, I'm not going to jump the gun just yet. He looked pretty stellar during the first 1/4 of last season, too.[/QUOTE]

It's hard not to get too excited but there is no doubt he appears to have what the guys in your sig don't have -- an innate ability to lead and be a "star" player who makes plays when they matter.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Regarding the refs...

Did you notice the stat that Rex is #1 in overturned coaches challenges?
    This is NOT a skill!
    It means that we're #1 in having the refs make bad calls against us.
    Too bad you can't challenge holding calls.
    The call on Slauson during the Sanchez keeper TD was completely bogus.