Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sanchez post game on NBC

All Pro
    [QUOTE=GreenGeek;3754493]Regarding the refs...

Did you notice the stat that Rex is #1 in overturned coaches challenges?
    This is NOT a skill!
    It means that we're #1 in having the refs make bad calls against us.
    Too bad you can't challenge holding calls.
    The call on Slauson during the Sanchez keeper TD was completely bogus.[/QUOTE]

I love Rex, but that goes to the assistant coaches in the booth. They're the ones who let Rex know when to challenge. They've been great.

Honestly, it's actually amazing how bad some coaches are at challenging. It's like they have no idea what the deal is, and are simply doing it because they think they should.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Austin;3754495]I love Rex, but that goes to the assistant coaches in the booth. They're the ones who let Rex know when to challenge. They've been great.

Honestly, it's actually amazing how bad some coaches are at challenging. It's like they have no idea what the deal is, and are simply doing it because they think they should.[/QUOTE]

I wasn't giving kudos to Rex...
    I was pointing out that there is statistical evidence that [b]we're getting more bad calls made against us than are made against other teams[/b].

The stats are low, so we'll have to wait a bit more before making a solid conclusion.

Jets Insider VIP
    he was most livid about the holding call that never really existed (except in the home cookin' eyes of Jerome Boger) that cost the Jets a touchdown on a great scramble by Mark Sanchez

[QUOTE=HitSomeone41;3754405]Those azzhole refs dont care. They still let him get hit late and tonight vs Dolphins, [B]he even had a DLINEMAN dive at his knees right in front of the refs.[/B]

And the holding calls on our team are ridiculous. When you know the other team is doing the same to us. How many holding calls on Dolphine OLinemen tonight?[/QUOTE]

that was awful, Randy Starks dove right at his knees.

what's funny is that in that very same play, the refs were able to call Slauson for holding -- when he was blocking Starks -- but somehow missed Starks falling into Sanchez's lower leg 3 seconds later :rolleyes:

Schluberator & Gadfly
    [QUOTE=HitSomeone41;3754405]Those azzhole refs dont care. They still let him get hit late and tonight vs Dolphins, he even had a DLINEMAN dive at his knees right in front of the refs.

And the holding calls on our team are ridiculous. When you know the other team is doing the same to us. [B]How many holding calls on Dolphine OLinemen tonight[/B]?[/QUOTE]

One that I can recall.

Reading Rex's lips after the Slauson hold was something to the effect of... "That is the worst ****ing call ever. That's ****ing bull****." *slams the clipboard*

Gotta love him.

[QUOTE=Narra;3754456]my favorite part of his postgame interview was when he was asked about the two almost-picks:

"well, [I]one [/I]of them wasn't even close."

I didn't think he had the mental chops to be a leader, but he's looked pretty good these last two games.

Then again, I'm not going to jump the gun just yet. He looked pretty stellar during the first 1/4 of last season, too.[/QUOTE]

There is a big difference this season:
    Edwards......tall, strong and can sky for the ball.
    LT............ Better option for the check down and can run the ball.
    Keller....... This guy is becoming one of the elite TE's in football. He's a beast!!! This is happening right now. Talk about Gates or who ever, but he can block and do it better than any TE in the league and great hands too. Can I say Pro Bowl and a big contract coming up soon.
    Second year in the same system.... opens up the play book and he's looks ready. I really feel the loss to the ravens was a smack in the face to the coaches. It's time to see what we have here and let him throw the dam ball.
    No happy feet..... Even with Slauson (BS holding calls against him) in there he is getting time and slide around the pocket. Watch the film, his feet are set when he throws. He seems to be throwing harder too.
    Watching Sanchez this week, he's going thru his reads in rhythm.

Now even the best of the QB's will have an off week, lets see how he and Shotty responds to an off game. Shotty doesn't need to baby sit him anymore.

Sanchez has been dubbed by the NFL network as the "Marksman"

All League
    [QUOTE=Rich Caster;3754721]Sanchez has been dubbed by the NFL network as the "Marksman"[/QUOTE]

ugh...hate these forced nicknames...they need to happen in the moment and naturally...

[QUOTE=Warfish;3754200]Could some of his newfound maturity be.......helped by the mentoring of Mark Brunell?

:eek:[/QUOTE]

I personally could care less where he got his leadership skills from. The point is, he's saying and doing all the right things. That is a direct positive reflection on:

Ownership - Woody had the great mind to go out and hire a coach who was willing to throw caution to the wind (within reason) and take chances for the benefit of WINNING.

GM and COACH - Tanny and Rex BELIEVED Mark Sanchez would be a GREAT LEADER and good performer. Therefore, Sanchez' behavior is only proving Rex and Tanny's point.

Sanchez - Players will realize they are looking at a real live LEADER, if they haven't already. They will begin to believe in him. They will start to want to lay their lives on the line for this kid, because they trust this hot dog eating, school bag toting, kid will have their backs AT ALL TIMES.

[QUOTE=Mainejet;3754835]I personally could care less where he got his leadership skills from. The point is, he's saying and doing all the right things. That is a direct positive reflection on:

Ownership - Woody had the great mind to go out and hire a coach who was willing to throw caution to the wind (within reason) and take chances for the benefit of WINNING.

GM and COACH - Tanny and Rex BELIEVED Mark Sanchez would be a GREAT LEADER and good performer. Therefore, Sanchez' behavior is only proving Rex and Tanny's point.

Sanchez - [B]Players will realize they are looking at a real live LEADER, if they haven't already. They will begin to believe in him. They will start to want to lay their lives on the line for this kid, because they trust this hot dog eating, school bag toting, [COLOR="DarkGreen"]taco bell hat wearing[/COLOR], kid will have their backs AT ALL TIMES.[/B][/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://www.tedquarters.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/sanchezrealtacohat.jpg[/IMG]

That's my quarterback!

[IMG]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_fHn-jgdR1SE/ST2iizbV2BI/AAAAAAAAAf8/5YQtjC3r6aM/s400/owens2x.jpg[/IMG]

[QUOTE=Narra;3754456]my favorite part of his postgame interview was when he was asked about the two almost-picks:

"well, [I]one [/I]of them wasn't even close."

I didn't think he had the mental chops to be a leader, but he's looked pretty good these last two games.

Then again, I'm not going to jump the gun just yet. [B]He looked pretty stellar during the first 1/4 of last season, too[/B].[/QUOTE]

That's actually not true.

Go back to those games and you'll see he MANAGED them well enough to win, but didn't put up near the stats he has the past two games.

I realize he has to prove himself over a longer period of time, but do you realize he is already HALFWAY to last year's TD total???:eek:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=GreenGeek;3754493]Regarding the refs...

Did you notice the stat that Rex is #1 in overturned coaches challenges?
    This is NOT a skill!
    It means that we're #1 in having the refs make bad calls against us.
    Too bad you can't challenge holding calls.
    The call on Slauson during the Sanchez keeper TD was completely bogus.[/QUOTE]

I think that you are 100% correct but this is what happens when you get a bad reputation around the league. You DON'T get the calls!!!! Think I am joking think about Oakland!!!