Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Collinsworth totally wrong about Allen slipping

Collinsworth totally wrong about Allen slipping

On Edwards 67 yard TD, Collinsworth went out of his way to blame the new turf (new grass put over Marlins infield) on why Allen slipped. Totally wrong. He even went further explaining how he slipped on the new grass which is a 'lighter color'. It was / is totally the opposite Duessssshe! The new grass was much greener. Allen slipped on the existing field. It wasn't even close to the infield. I could see it the first time on my TV. He's sitting there and blew it. It made it worse that he went back over it.
    What pisses me off is that every highlight show / Postgame (haven't read the papers yet) I saw last night kept referring to Alllen slipping on the temporary grass as an excuse. Take a look at the video. Edwards cleary catches the ball on the same surface as the rest of the field, then you can see him pass over the new - green patch ( 1st base area) then goes back to existing grass.

Check it out....
    [url]http://www.nfl.com/videos/new-york-jets/09000d5d81adf935/QB-Sanchez-to-WR-Edwards-67-yd-pass-TD[/url]

All League
    [QUOTE=Sec332;3754547]On Edwards 67 yard TD, Collinsworth went out of his way to blame the new turf (new grass put over Marlins infield) on why Allen slipped. Totally wrong. He even went further explaining how he slipped on the new grass which is a 'lighter color'. It was / is totally the opposite Duessssshe! The new grass was much greener. Allen slipped on the existing field. It wasn't even close to the infield. I could see it the first time on my TV. He's sitting there and blew it. It made it worse that he went back over it.
    What pisses me off is that every highlight show / Postgame (haven't read the papers yet) I saw last night kept referring to Alllen slipping on the temporary grass as an excuse. Take a look at the video.Edwards cleary catches the ball on the same surface as the rest of the field, then you can see him pass over the new - green patch ( 1st base area) then goes back to existing grass.

Check it out....
    [URL="http://www.nfl.com/videos/new-york-jets/09000d5d81adf935/QB-Sanchez-to-WR-Edwards-67-yd-pass-TD"]http://www.nfl.com/videos/new-york-jets/09000d5d81adf935/QB-Sanchez-to-WR-Edwards-67-yd-pass-TD [/URL][/QUOTE]

1st of all; it's their field. they did it. tough crap.
    2. we had to play on the same field. i saw jets slipping all over the place.
    3rd. you're right, it was the existing grass anyway.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

He corrected himself in the post game recap (when no one aside from myself was watching) lol.

I also noticed that on the play. Bad job by Collinsworth.

He was also obnoxious on the other Edwards catch late in 4Q. With any other team it's a "brilliant timing pattern throw to the back shoulder of the receiver". But, when the Jets do it, it's a "terrible job by the cornerback".

Veteran
    [QUOTE=jetswin;3754589]He corrected himself in the post game recap (when no one aside from myself was watching) lol.[/QUOTE]

Good catch on your part, and my sympathies for sitting through more Collinsworth than absolutely necessary.

I think he has some very good football knowledge, but the guy can not help himself from making the entire broadcast about himself. "I saw.. I noticed in film.. when I was a player." Ugh... painful sometimes.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Polidore22;3754599]I think he has some very good football knowledge, but the guy can not help himself from making the entire broadcast about himself. "I saw.. I noticed in film.. when I was a player." Ugh... painful sometimes.[/QUOTE]
    how about when he said "I" think the Jets will have success using LT in the passing game, lol brilliant.

[QUOTE=jetswin;3754601]how about when he said "I" think the Jets will have success using LT in the passing game, lol brilliant.[/QUOTE]

What the hell else is he supposed to say?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Roger Vick;3754604]What the hell else is he supposed to say?[/QUOTE]
    I guess it was the way he presented it as if only he had relized that LT is a weapon in the passing game. lol

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Also, Allen took a terrible angle on that play. He slipped as he realized he needed to cut back sharply if he had any chance of making a play - more than likely, Braylon was by him anyway. The slip was the nail in an already closed coffin.

So much for the resurgence of Jason Allen. He had as bad a game as any CB in recent memory. Far worse than Cro's opening game - at least he was operating on an Island there.

[QUOTE=Roger Vick;3754604]What the hell else is he supposed to say?[/QUOTE]

It's the presentation and the constant use. It's always him with the unique perspective that no one else noticed. IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

[QUOTE=Roger Vick;3754595]I also noticed that on the play. Bad job by Collinsworth.

He was also obnoxious on the other Edwards catch late in 4Q. With any other team it's a "brilliant timing pattern throw to the back shoulder of the receiver". But, when the Jets do it, it's a "terrible job by the cornerback".[/QUOTE]

+1

All League
    Collinsworthless is awful to listen to. Thank God it wasn't a New England game last night. He can barely provide commentary between having Brady's junk in his mouth.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    CC is one of the reasons I use the mute button so frequently.

[QUOTE=Gastineau99;3754620]+1[/QUOTE]

jet fans it's us vs. the world lol ..do'nt listen to the HATERS .GO JETS..:cool:

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

The other thing that was driving me nuts - these guys were going off on the Jets, that they should have suspended him, Tony Dungee says "When I was coaching the Colts, we would have de-activated him for sure" - am I the only one who heard all week that they couldn't suspend him or deactivate him? According to the CBA, deactivation can't be used as punishment, and suspension isn't an option for a player's first DUI (which technically he doesn't even have yet). I mean, talk all you want about how stupid those rules are, and what his punishment should be, but don't come down on the Jets for not enacting punishments that aren't even options.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Remember thinking as CC was spewing his turf nonsense that it was blatant excuse making/Jet minimizing blather....

:rolleyes:

Practice Squad
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL by way of Brentwood, New York.
    I'm tired of hearing all theses JETS haters, pretty much everywhere, but with every win these fools got egg all over there face.:)

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=isired;3754714]The other thing that was driving me nuts - these guys were going off on the Jets, that they should have suspended him, Tony Dungee says "When I was coaching the Colts, we would have de-activated him for sure" - am I the only one who heard all week that they couldn't suspend him or deactivate him? According to the CBA, deactivation can't be used as punishment, and suspension isn't an option for a player's first DUI (which technically he doesn't even have yet). I mean, talk all you want about how stupid those rules are, and what his punishment should be, but don't come down on the Jets for not enacting punishments that aren't even options.[/QUOTE]

Dungy and Collinsworth, what a pair and Dungy just needs to shut up. Did he suspend Marvin Harrison for the gun and shooting incident??????

Practice Squad
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL by way of Brentwood, New York.
    I'm tired of having to beat the team were playing and the refs! You don't have to like us, but don't try to cheat us....... The refs this year have been screwing us!!!!!!