Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Collinsworth totally wrong about Allen slipping

[QUOTE=isired;3754714]The other thing that was driving me nuts - these guys were going off on the Jets, that they should have suspended him, Tony Dungee says "When I was coaching the Colts, we would have de-activated him for sure" - am I the only one who heard all week that they couldn't suspend him or deactivate him? According to the CBA, deactivation can't be used as punishment, and suspension isn't an option for a player's first DUI (which technically he doesn't even have yet). I mean, talk all you want about how stupid those rules are, and what his punishment should be, but don't come down on the Jets for not enacting punishments that aren't even options.[/QUOTE]

What i want to know is just when Tony Dungy became the King Solomon of NFL wisdom, the man to whom we all must bow on moral judgement. As I recall, his Tampa teams played pretty dirty and he never said boo (like Warren Sapp's cheap-shot on GB's OT Chad Clifton on an interception return when Sapp fractured the guy's hip.) Tony Dungy, whether talking about cussing or saying he'd break the NFL's explicit agreement with the NFLPA and deactivate one of his players if he'd still been coaching (thus breaking the rules himself) is a raging hypocrite who should shut up. Who appointed Tony Dungy G-d? Oh, right, Tony did.

Practice Squad
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL by way of Brentwood, New York.
    [QUOTE=isired;3754714]The other thing that was driving me nuts - these guys were going off on the Jets, that they should have suspended him, Tony Dungee says "When I was coaching the Colts, we would have de-activated him for sure" - am I the only one who heard all week that they couldn't suspend him or deactivate him? According to the CBA, deactivation can't be used as punishment, and suspension isn't an option for a player's first DUI (which technically he doesn't even have yet). I mean, talk all you want about how stupid those rules are, and what his punishment should be, but don't come down on the Jets for not enacting punishments that aren't even options.[/QUOTE]

Ronnie Brown had a DUI a couple of months ago, I didn't hear anyone screaming for the Dolphins to bench him.

[QUOTE=Sec332;3754547]On Edwards 67 yard TD, Collinsworth went out of his way to blame the new turf (new grass put over Marlins infield) on why Allen slipped. Totally wrong. He even went further explaining how he slipped on the new grass which is a 'lighter color'. It was / is totally the opposite Duessssshe! The new grass was much greener. Allen slipped on the existing field. It wasn't even close to the infield. I could see it the first time on my TV. He's sitting there and blew it. It made it worse that he went back over it.
    What pisses me off is that every highlight show / Postgame (haven't read the papers yet) I saw last night kept referring to Alllen slipping on the temporary grass as an excuse. Take a look at the video. Edwards cleary catches the ball on the same surface as the rest of the field, then you can see him pass over the new - green patch ( 1st base area) then goes back to existing grass.

Check it out....
    [url]http://www.nfl.com/videos/new-york-jets/09000d5d81adf935/QB-Sanchez-to-WR-Edwards-67-yd-pass-TD[/url][/QUOTE]

Come on you know what the media will say anyways about us.

The Dolphins beat themselves. Just look at that "slip", perfect example. He doesnt slip and makes that tackle, Miami goes up and score 4 unanswered TD's. :rolleyes:

The truth is that Braylon juked the FOCK out of dude and it was all Braylon.
    Fock Collinsworth................Jets hater too.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

I've lost a lot of respect for Dungy. The sanctimonious crap that comes out of his mouth from his pedestal is really irritating. Even if he chooses not to, how could he possibly be employed in the NFL (in various capacities) and not hear constant cursing on par with what Rex does. Its akin to Capt Renault's "I'm shocked to find that there is gambling going on here"

And this whole "I would have suspended him BS." Give me a fuking break. Granted, the game is on the network that he's covering, but I haven't heard him speak up about any other arrests over the past few years.

Stuff like this doesn't usually bother me, but he needs to STFU about moral issues. That's not why NBC hired him.

[QUOTE=crasherino;3754617]Also, Allen took a terrible angle on that play. He slipped as he realized he needed to cut back sharply if he had any chance of making a play - more than likely, Braylon was by him anyway. The slip was the nail in an already closed coffin.

So much for the resurgence of Jason Allen. He had as bad a game as any CB in recent memory. Far worse than Cro's opening game - at least he was operating on an Island there.[/QUOTE]

And it wasn't Revis Island either. :P

Well, Collinsworth corrected himself after the game ended in a recap segment. He realized that Allen was in the regular portion of the grass that had not covered the infield.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=crasherino;3754617]Also, Allen took a terrible angle on that play. He slipped as he realized he needed to cut back sharply if he had any chance of making a play - more than likely, Braylon was by him anyway. The slip was the nail in an already closed coffin.
    [/QUOTE]

Yep, and both CC and AM were saying it would have been an easy tackle if Allen didn't slip.

Uhm, no, it wouldn't have been because of the terrible angle he took. At best he would have had to grab Edwards from the side and there would be a chance that Edwards just stiff arms him away. Edwards already had the ball in his right arm with his left arm extended for the stiff arm, but Allen was on the floor.
    Last edited by SMC; 09-27-2010 at 11:56 AM.

Ha...he did the Dougie again, didn't even catch that.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

... collinsworthless is an idiotic pontificating blowhard who looks like a scarecrow caked in makeup ...

l_j_r

Collinsworth was wrong about that... Said it first look. He slipped on the outfield, which is grass that is always there.

That said, I do like Collinsworth and he's in no way a Jets hater.

[QUOTE=Big Chaz;3754802]Ronnie Brown had a DUI a couple of months ago, I didn't hear anyone screaming for the Dolphins to bench him.[/QUOTE]

i just watch the game with the vol.down do we need one to explain what u just saw .. instance replay..tevo

So much for the resurgence of Jason Allen. He had as bad a game as any CB in recent memory. Far worse than Cro's opening game - at least he was operating on an Island there.[/QUOTE]
    Exactly. Allen was just the gift that kept giving last night. He dropped 2 potential interceptions (granted the last one would have been a tough catch but a talented CB would make that play), the missed tackle on Edwards TD, the poor coverage on the key 3rd and 10 in the 4th qtr. and then the PI in the endzone.

I don't know how he keeps his job after a game like that. Good job by the Jets in exploiting him.

Gotta love these douchbags on ESPN 1050 AM......with every JETS win, funny how the once FORMIDABLE opponents (Ravens, Pats, and Miami) suddenly arent any good. LOL.
    The Ravens beat us by one point and lose to the Bengals and now its no surprise they only beat us by one point.
    The Patriots, they struggled vs Bills and now THEY ARE NO GOOD?

These radio personalities are the biggest focking jokes around.
    Before those teams play the JETS they are world beaters and contenders.....after they LOSE to the JETS , they stink? And not because we beat them, but because they were OVERRATED?