Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Buffalo is a must win game...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Buffalo is a must win game...

Gotta have this game. 3-1. 3-0 in the division. 3-1 in the conference. Gotta have it. It will go along way towards winning the division and hosting a playoff game. Simply must have it. This is a typical trap game. No let downs. No SOJ.

I'd say it's a mustn't lose game.

Banned
    Believe it or not this game scares me more than the Miami game did. Buffalo put up 30 on the Pasts*. That either means they aren't as bad as everyone thinks, or the Pasts* defense just really sucks (I'd love to think it's the latter).

On top of that Buffalo always shows up to play against us.

And another thing, I'm very happy they got rid of Aaron Schobel. For whatever reason, Brick seemed to always have a hard time with him.

[QUOTE=sourceworx;3754616]Believe it or not this game scares me more than the Miami game did. Buffalo put up 30 on the Pasts*. That either means they aren't as bad as everyone thinks, or the Pasts* defense just really sucks (I'd love to think it's the latter).

On top of that Buffalo always shows up to play against us.

And another thing, I'm very happy they got rid of Aaron Schobel. For whatever reason, Brick seemed to always have a hard time with him.[/QUOTE]

the bills are looking for a win [there are like a wounded beast] we ca'nt let it be us..GO JETS..

Certainly not a must win... And no.. It's not SOJ every time the team loses to someone they should beat. Quite simply, that is going to happen to just about every team in the NFL. THey don't beat every team they should beat, which is the reason there are upsets every week and they actually take the time to play the game.

But in a 16 game season, every game is important.

really overusing the phrase must win game. Of course, all division games are big. It'd be great to keep building off the prior week's performance and continuing to gain momentum. But if they were to stumble on the road, they'd still be 2-2, tied for second, a game behind a team they've already defeated.
    With a short roster.

All Pro
    I've seen this same post every week.

Do people understand what "must win" means? :rolleyes:

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    It's not a must win. It's a game that a team that wants the division wins, plain and simple.

[QUOTE=petejet;3754605]Gotta have this game. 3-1. 3-0 in the division. 3-1 in the conference. Gotta have it. It will go along way towards winning the division and hosting a playoff game. Simply must have it. This is a typical trap game. No let downs. No SOJ.[/QUOTE]

I agree 100%. If we think we are SB contender, this is a team that we should SWEEP. I don't care if we win by a point or 40 points, but we should definitely win. Buffalo has always been a team we split with and they always play us tough. However, we are a MUCH better team and should establish our dominance in the division, especially after big wins against top notch teams. Beating Buffalo should be the EASY part.

It's only a must game if we want to host a playoff game maybe get a bye and not have to look at tie breakers to get into the playoffs.

We made it to the AFC Championship game last year and lost 7 "must win" games.

[QUOTE=Mainejet;3754709]I agree 100%. If we think we are SB contender, this is a team that we should SWEEP. I don't care if we win by a point or 40 points, but we should definitely win. Buffalo has always been a team we split with and they always play us tough. [B]However, we are a MUCH better team and should establish our dominance [/B]in the division, especially after big wins against top notch teams. Beating Buffalo should be the EASY part.[/QUOTE]

I mentioned this in another thread...we did lose to the Bills last year, BUT, it took 5 interceptions from Sanchez AND a holding penalty on the game winning field goal attempt to beat us. We are the better team and simply need to treat this like a business trip up to Buffalo (ala last year's trip to Toronto) and not allow this team to hang around. Hopefully we can get pace back and have a chance to get him some time prior to facing Minnesota.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=OrangeJet;3754717]We made it to the AFC Championship game last year and lost 7 "must win" games.[/QUOTE]

Do you really want to try that route again? Or would you prefer a home playoff game and possibly a bye? These are the games that SB teams win.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    [QUOTE=petejet;3754725]Do you really want to try that route again? Or would you prefer a home playoff game and possibly a bye? These are the games that SB teams win.[/QUOTE]

I'd like the division, myself.

[QUOTE=petejet;3754725]Do you really want to try that route again? Or would you prefer a home playoff game and possibly a bye? These are the games that SB teams win.[/QUOTE]

Of course not, but this isn't a "must win".

It's not just about being a must win.

CHAMPIONS WIN THE GAMES THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO WIN!!!!

The Bills are a team we are supposed to beat. :yes:

[QUOTE=OrangeJet;3754731]Of course not, but this isn't a "must win".[/QUOTE]

Sure if we lose and Miami and NE win we are only a game back in third place in a 4 team division with a 500 confrence record.

Absolutely NO REASON to lose this game.
    Rex will have them ready by reminding them that the bye is next. Play as hard as you can & you will be rewarded with healing time.

Watched the Bills/Pats game, Bills are WOEFULLY SMALL in the front 7.
    Pats ran all over them. If there was ever a ground & pound game this is it.
    Play action will be wide open if we get the safeties up. Bills have ZERO pass rush.
    Last edited by jetster; 09-27-2010 at 10:03 AM.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=jetsfan1983;3754694]Certainly not a must win... And no.. It's not SOJ every time the team loses to someone they should beat. Quite simply, that is going to happen to just about every team in the NFL. THey don't beat every team they should beat, which is the reason there are upsets every week and they actually take the time to play the game.

But in a 16 game season, every game is important.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for checking in.

Must win or not, the bottom line is that teams that win SuperBowls don't lose this type of game. They take care of business and move on.
    Last edited by Traitor Jay & the Woodies; 09-27-2010 at 10:02 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=srobjets;3754733]It's not just about being a must win.

CHAMPIONS WIN THE GAMES THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO WIN!!!!

The Bills are a team we are supposed to beat. :yes:[/QUOTE]

Many don't understand that.