Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Buffalo is a must win game...

[QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;3754737]Sure if we lose and Miami and NE win we are only a game back in third place in a 4 team division with a 500 confrence record.[/QUOTE]

2-1 in the division. Same as the other fellas, we can recover. At 2-1, the 4th game of the season is NEVER a "must win"...it's a "a win helps us tremendously" game.

[QUOTE=jetster;3754740]Absolutely NO REASON to lose this game.
    Rex will have them ready by reminding them that the buy is next. Play as hard as you can & you will be rewarded with healing time.

Watched the Bills/Pats game, [B]Bills are WOEFULLY SMALL in the front 7.[/B]
    Pats ran all over them. If there was ever a ground & pound game this is it.
    Play action will be wide open if we get the safeties up. Bills have ZERO pass rush.[/QUOTE]

Danny Woodhead scored a TD!! We better come close to repeating last year's rushing stats vs them

[QUOTE=frankiepapa;3754756]Danny Woodhead scored a TD!! We better come close to repeating last year's rushing stats vs them[/QUOTE]

Woodhead ran all over them! No mistakes, no penalties, easy win.

[QUOTE=OrangeJet;3754751]2-1 in the division. Same as the other fellas, we can recover. At 2-1, the 4th game of the season is NEVER a "must win"...it's a "a win helps us tremendously" game.[/QUOTE]

Really good teams, SB teams pile up wins on teams like Buffalo like a homeowner with a wood stove piles up wood in the fall.

We have a tough schedule and are one loss is in confrence. This is a division game that has to be put on the win pile right now.

Part of SOJ is it's not a must game and we can always plug in the super computer in week 14 and figure out how we are going to back in. Good teams go in through the front door. Great teams knock the front door off the hinges.

Bad posts use multiple cliches.
    Last edited by Winstonbiggs; 09-27-2010 at 10:09 AM.

[QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;3754764]Really good teams, SB teams pile up wins on teams like Buffalo like a homeowner with a wood stove piles up wood in the fall.

We have a tough schedule and are one loss is in confrence. This is a division game that has to be put on the win pile right now.[/QUOTE]

I'm not disagreeing that we should beat them...I'm simply saying that next week is not the apocolypse if they lose (of course, I'm sure the board would make it seem that way). Seriously, how many "must win" games did they lose last year and recover...it simply meant one thing...the assessment that they were "must win" was wrong.

[QUOTE=OrangeJet;3754777]I'm not disagreeing that we should beat them...I'm simply saying that next week is not the apocolypse if they lose (of course, I'm sure the board would make it seem that way). Seriously, how many "must win" games did they lose last year and recover...it simply meant one thing...the assessment that they were "must win" was wrong.[/QUOTE]

Last year we hit the lottery. Lottery tickets are still a get rich scheme for suckers.

[QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;3754782]Last year we hit the lottery. Lottery tickets are still a get rich scheme for suckers.[/QUOTE]

So, basically you are saying that if the Jets lose to the Bills, the season is as good as over? No chance?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Roger Vick;3754607]I'd say it's a mustn't lose game.[/QUOTE]

Simply stated, I agree. They must not lose this game, and it will be a tough one, just like all divisional games.

[QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;3754737]Sure if we lose and Miami and NE win we are only a game back in third place in a 4 team division with a 500 confrence record.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure Miami & NE play each other next week, so they can't both be 3-1.

[QUOTE=OrangeJet;3754790]So, basically you are saying that if the Jets lose to the Bills, the season is as good as over? No chance?[/QUOTE]

No I'm saying if they lose to Buffalo the season comes down to chance.

[QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;3754798]No I'm saying if they lose to Buffalo the season comes down to chance.[/QUOTE]

When you play the entire division again...no, it doesn't.

[QUOTE=Jets4life335;3754797]Pretty sure Miami & NE play each other next week, so they can't both be 3-1.[/QUOTE]

See you're allready looking at other teams schedules and it's only week 4. This is exactly why we have to beat the Bills.

Jets Insider VIP
    You can't lose to a bad 0-3 team in your division.

So, yes, it's a must win. Not mathematically, of course, but practically.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=petejet;3754605]Gotta have this game. 3-1. 3-0 in the division. 3-1 in the conference. Gotta have it. It will go along way towards winning the division and hosting a playoff game. Simply must have it. This is a typical trap game. No let downs. No SOJ.[/QUOTE]

LOL

I logged on asking myself "i wonder if there'll be a must-win Bills game thread yet... nahhhh, not till atleast noon"

my bad.

[QUOTE=SMC;3754810]You can't lose to a bad 0-3 team in your division.

So, yes, it's a must win. Not mathematically, of course, but practically.[/QUOTE]

If NE lost to Buffalo yesterday...NO ONE would be counting NE out...mathmatically or practically.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    [QUOTE=SMC;3754810]You can't lose to a bad 0-3 team in your division.

So, yes, it's a must win. Not mathematically, of course, but practically.[/QUOTE]

Happens, doesn't mean your out.

[QUOTE=sourceworx;3754616]Believe it or not this game scares me more than the Miami game did. Buffalo put up 30 on the Pasts*. That either means they aren't as bad as everyone thinks, or the Pasts* defense just really sucks (I'd love to think it's the latter).

On top of that Buffalo always shows up to play against us.

And another thing, I'm very happy they got rid of Aaron Schobel. For whatever reason, Brick seemed to always have a hard time with him.[/QUOTE]

Buffalo, against us, is never as bad as they seem. We have HUGE concerns in the secondary without Revis. That was evident in Miami, as we got completely torched by Marshall. There's a lot to clean up between now and gametime against the Bills :eek:

[QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;3754764][B]Really good teams, SB teams pile up wins on teams like Buffalo like a homeowner with a wood stove piles up wood in the fall.[/B]

We have a tough schedule and are one loss is in confrence. This is a division game that has to be put on the win pile right now.

Part of SOJ is it's not a must game and we can always plug in the super computer in week 14 and figure out how we are going to back in. Good teams go in through the front door. Great teams knock the front door off the hinges.

Bad posts use multiple cliches.[/QUOTE]

pretty much.

we can lose this game and still be OK, but a legit contender takes care of business.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Miami and NE play each other, so that would be tough :D

Edit: I see that Jets4life335 beat me to the punch

[QUOTE=Roger Vick;3754607]I'd say it's a mustn't lose game.[/QUOTE]

[b]THIS.[/b]

Because it's true. This is the quintessential TRAP Game. Jets need to take care of business and not allow Fitzpatrick and Marshall Lynch to run roughshod all over the D.