Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bart Scott

Bart Scott

Where the hell has he been in 3 games? I haven't heard his name once or seen him on a big tackle.

Veteran
    He has 17 tackles through 3 weeks, putting him on pace for 91. Last year he had 92 tackles, so it's just Bart being Bart.

Jets Insider VIP
    Forced fumble in game 1 after a great hussle.

He is the leader of the D. Saw him talking with Rex on the sidelines when Miami was moving the ball at will.

He forced a fumble? Hm, maybe you don't notice everything at the game lol.

seemed like he overran a running play or two...

There was a comment somewhere that with Jenkins out, he was going to have to do a lot more of the thankless job of being a battering ram, and setting up others to make plays. IOW, he wouldn't be getting much glory himself.

No idea if that's really happening or not / if he's doing a good job.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=thshadow;3754795]There was a comment somewhere that with Jenkins out, he was going to have to do a lot more of the thankless job of being a battering ram, and setting up others to make plays. IOW, he wouldn't be getting much glory himself.

No idea if that's really happening or not / if he's doing a good job.[/QUOTE]

Yep, I wrote that and that's pretty much what happens on running plays. Also, teams have been passing the ball so often against the Jets that Scott and Harris won't have gaudy tackle numbers

All Pro
    [QUOTE=njherdfan;3754803]Yep, I wrote that and that's pretty much what happens on running plays. Also, teams have been passing the ball so often against the Jets that Scott and Harris won't have gaudy tackle numbers[/QUOTE]

What this guy said.

I dont' really know why teams would not pass on thJets. We have a suspect pass rush, and a ropokie PI machine. Running against the Jets D does not work at all, but you can throw on them.

[QUOTE=Chupa;3754785]He is the leader of the D. Saw him talking with Rex on the sidelines when Miami was moving the ball at will.[/QUOTE]

Also kept his players back from the skirmish last night (that he started :D).

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I heard Vernon Gholston's name more often last night than Bart Scott's name.

What is with these callout threads? By the looks of things around here you would think we got blown out last night. Slauson, Wilson, Poole, and now Scott?

Jesus, Jets fans really are a miserable bunch.

[QUOTE=jetsfan920;3754767]Where the hell has he been in 3 games? [/QUOTE]

Six yards downfield.

Bart Scott is a beast; he does all of the blue-collar work, like engaging 2 offensive linemen to allow other players to make tackles. He's very unselfish and a total team player. I give him an A+ so far.

[QUOTE=jetsfan920;3754767]Where the hell has he been in 3 games? I haven't heard his name once or seen him on a big tackle.[/QUOTE]

He has made some nice plays. He plays strong side ILB so he tends to have to take on more lead blockers leaving Harris to run free, so Harris is supposed to make more plays than Bart. Can't just judge him by stats, even though he has as many tackles as Harris through 3 games, a forced fumble, a bunch of QB pressures and some pass breakups (had a big batted pass vs. Brady last week).

Bart does a lot of the dirty work.

having one's name called is nice but sometimes the guys who are called out are the ones having the better game. after all what good is a corner who gets an interception but then also gets torched or is out of position sealing off the corner on a run play. you may not hear his named called for the mistakes but he will be known for the interception. look at larry brown. where did he go?

so scott has been tieing up blockers and creating space so other guys can make the plays.

I'm starting to think that if Sanchez went 36-45 for 430 yards and 4 TDs in a win, someone would ask "so what happened to the running game?" the next day.

[QUOTE=GreenWave;3755097]I'm starting to think that if Sanchez went 36-45 for 430 yards and 4 TDs in a win, someone would ask "so what happened to the running game?" the next day.[/QUOTE]

Yeah... People are always going to find something to complain about.

Important to look at the big picture always though. Team is winning, and the defense has been very good against the run. Bart gets a lot of credit for that.

Bart is also the unquestioned leader of that defense. He's basically Rex on the field. Rex goes to him for everything.

[QUOTE=Traitor Jay & the Woodies;3754894]I heard Vernon Gholston's name more often last night than Bart Scott's name.[/QUOTE]

Try watching the game and see for yourself rather than basing a players performance on how many tines you hear his name.

Bart has been solid at the MIKE LB position in our 3-4 scheme. The MIKE backer lines up on the string side of the teams formation, so he usually has to take on more lead blockers at the point of attack, while Harris gets to run free and make more plays. It's much tougher to play 3-4 ILB than 4-3 MLB and a lot less glory... Ask Vilma.

Bart played great against the Ravens. Pats and Miami didn't run much so Bart is sent on a lit of blitzes and won't make many tackles. He has a bunch of QB pressures and hits on the QB, plus he has the same amount of tackles as Harris so far in 2010. I think Harris has made less impact plays than Scott so far. We are shutting down the run this year, so that means both Harris and Scott are doing their jobs well.

[QUOTE=Roger Vick;3754907]Six yards downfield.[/QUOTE]

What are you talking about?