Thread: This is becoming a problem

This is becoming a problem

We all saw what Shonn Greene is capable of last year. But it's clear he's not there mentally for half the plays. I remember a 2nd and long last night where he was lined up in the wildcat and took the direct snap to the right and bounced it outside for a gain of 2. After the play they showed a replay that showed greene had a giant seam to run through. SOMEONES GOTTA GET THIS KIDS HEAD RIGHT

So you think Shonn Greene sucks because you vaguely remember one play where he missed a hole?

what?

Conner missed his block, so the Dolphins LB (i think it was Misi) was right in Greene's face when he got the ball.

Greene did well to bounce it outside and gain 2 yards on a busted play that could've been a 7 yard loss.

I think Shonne needs a few more carries to keep his rhythm and be effective but that particular play he was asked to do something I don't recall him doing too often if ever..like asking arod to drop a bunt..keep the direct snaps to LT or B Smith...

To be honest, the Jets used LT more than Shonn last night and can you blame them? He was getting it done more often than Shonn was. Nothing personal...just that Schotty is going with whomever had the Hot hand at the time.

Rookie
    [QUOTE=DRevis24;3754862]We all saw what Shonn Greene is capable of last year. But it's clear he's not there mentally for half the plays. I remember a 2nd and long last night where he was lined up in the wildcat and took the direct snap to the right and bounced it outside for a gain of 2. After the play they showed a replay that showed greene had a giant seam to run through. SOMEONES GOTTA GET THIS KIDS HEAD RIGHT[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure that's the play where Slauson pulled and totally wiffed on a block on Dansby.

Greene will be fine. :yes:

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=Dirtstar;3754869]what?

Conner missed his block, so the Dolphins LB (i think it was Misi) was right in Greene's face when he got the ball.

Greene did well to bounce it outside and gain 2 yards on a busted play that could've been a 7 yard loss.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I recall 3 unblocked defenders waiting for him. He had no seam that I recall. Maybe Barry Sanders could have found a seam but not a mere mortal.

Sweet, another callout thread, that makes Wilson, Poole, Scott, Slauson, and now Greene.

Who's going to start the "Sanchez celebrates too much after throwing TD's" thread, or should I?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Greene has yet to find his Rhythm. He's not running with teh same power or authority as he was, and is too often still lightly-probing on his runs, rather than simply blasting downhill.

Give him time, he should be fine. More carries, and more time without big problems from his week 1 issues, and he should be ok.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Its what came first, the chicken or the egg for SG right now.

He hasnt really gotten a lot of carries to get into a real flow.

But through his "problems" his ypc are fine.

All League
    Greene can take his sweet time for all I care.

LT is playing pretty damn good and Greene will work his way in there. I am not so concerned (although the thought did cross my mind).

Shonn is fine and will have plenty of impact games.

[QUOTE=pauliec;3754867]So you think Shonn Greene sucks because you vaguely remember one play where he missed a hole?[/QUOTE]

No I think somethings wrong with him because he's rarely making plays and when he gets an opportunity he's not hitting his holes. That was only one example

And im not questioning his abilities. I'm questioning his current mindset. Im a high supporter of Greene and believe he has pro bowl potential

Jets Insider VIP
    Greene is fine

and using two running backs as we are will ensure that they are both probably playing and fresh when it matter in the postseason

Thankfully we are NOT using the Herm Edwards "run one guy till he drops" method of coaching that destroyed both Curtis Martin and Larry Johnson

Rookie
    [QUOTE=DRevis24;3755120]No I think somethings wrong with him because he's rarely making plays and when he gets an opportunity he's not hitting his holes. That was only one example[/QUOTE]
    Gotta be holes in the first place befor he can hit them ;)
    Greene is fine. The O-line needs to get better.
    Thier not bad, just not playing at the same level as last year yet.
    Plus Miami has a very good D.

Greene will be fine. With LT playing like he's been playing, Greene doesn't have to be [I]the[/I] guy. I think they will continue to be a great combo.

The Jets need to use their 2 back similar to the way the Giants did with Tiki and Jacobs (lightning & thunder). LT has been way more effective to this point but Greene is the type of back who needs to wear down the defense. They should put him back into a reserve role and let him run with reckless abandon.

Hall Of Fame
    What about his body language?

_