Thread: 3rd and 10 play of the game!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

3rd and 10 play of the game!

As I and my 2 boys are dying a slow death watching the Jets trying to move the ball late in the 4th quarter it come down to 3rd and 10. I.m praying that our D will hold them when out of the darkness Sanchez throws a laser to Edwards for 20 yds and a JETS FIRST DOWN!(Think Meadowlands stadium anouncer sorry couldn't help myself :D)
    BY far for me that was the biggest play by Sanchez last night. We don't get that 1st down there and we're probably talking about the 1-2 Jets this a.m. What did you think the turning point was last night?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    The turning point was Mark Sanchez stepping on the field :yes:

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    The thing with that play was Collinsworth was dead right. The DB had help up top and should have NEVER given up underneath. So turning point yes. A little lucky? Also Yes.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Gibby;3755010]The thing with that play was Collinsworth was dead right. The DB had help up top and should have NEVER given up underneath. So turning point yes. A little lucky? Also Yes.[/QUOTE]

More than half of any successful plays are the result of some mistake somewhere.

Even on a successful running play, could be a LB in the wrong gap, could be a DL using poor technique. That goes for everything.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetsfan1983;3755013]More than half of any successful plays are the result of some mistake somewhere.

Even on a successful running play, could be a LB in the wrong gap, could be a DL using poor technique. That goes for everything.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Its not the first time that a WR was able to catch a ball despite double coverage. Allen did not play that route particularly well and Collinsworth makes a fair point that Allen wasn't where he should be, but hey....that's football. If every team play every play perfectly, every game would be a stalemate.

I liked the fact that Sanchez wasn't gun shy there. He made a strong pass to a guy that has become one of his go to receivers. Hopefully Cotchery will be getting into the swing of things as well pretty soon.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetsfan1983;3755013]More than half of any successful plays are the result of some mistake somewhere.

Even on a successful running play, could be a LB in the wrong gap, could be a DL using poor technique. That goes for everything.[/QUOTE]

Fair point. I will save lucky for the Bubby Brister looking shovel pass to Sam Mills that Sanchez got away with then;)

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Gibby;3755036]Fair point. I will save lucky for the Bubby Brister looking shovel pass to Sam Mills that Sanchez got away with then;)[/QUOTE]

wow, that just gave me a wicked flashback.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Gibby;3755010]The thing with that play was Collinsworth was dead right. The DB had help up top and should have NEVER given up underneath. So turning point yes. A little lucky? Also Yes.[/QUOTE]

When he threw the pass, you could see the DB was over the WR with his back turned. Sanchez took advantage. I don't think it was luck, but rather poor CB play.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Gibby;3755036]Fair point. I will save lucky for the Bubby Brister looking shovel pass to Sam Mills that Sanchez got away with then;)[/QUOTE]

how about t washington 2 t.d's and woodhead's 1 .cute dance after.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know we won the game, but on that last drive Schottenheimer proved why he is such a sh!tty playcaller. They needed to eat up as much time off the clock as they could, and this f*cking moron is calling pass plays on first and second down. Sanchez throws two incompletions, stopping the clock, and forcing them to throw on third down.

I was literally screaming at the TV.

Sanchez and Braylon bailed his stupid ass out, but it never should have come to that.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sourceworx;3755095]I know we won the game, but on that last drive [B]Schottenheimer proved why he is such a sh!tty playcaller[/B]. They needed to eat up as much time off the clock as they could, and this f*cking moron is calling pass plays on first and second down. Sanchez throws two incompletions, stopping the clock, and forcing them to throw on third down.

Sanchez and Braylon bailed his stupid ass out, but it never should have come to that.[/QUOTE]

how about after brad smith returns a kickoff 60 yards and then because of schottys cuteness we need to call TWO timeouts on the next two plays and gain 3 yards total on the two plays

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sourceworx;3755095]I know we won the game, but on that last drive Schottenheimer proved why he is such a sh!tty playcaller. They needed to eat up as much time off the clock as they could, and this f*cking moron is calling pass plays on first and second down. Sanchez throws two incompletions, stopping the clock, and forcing them to throw on third down.

Sanchez and Braylon bailed his stupid ass out, but it never should have come to that.[/QUOTE]

Sorry -- can't agree.

We were only up 1. "Taking time off the clock" means nothing if you end up giving the ball back and the opposition can win the game from the 40 yard line.

If you think we could have ground the game out, then fine -- we should have run more.

But if Schotty believed the best way to SCORE was putting the ball in the air (which you can't argue with the results), then I'm all for the aggressive approach to the possession . . .

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=OCCH;3755119]Sorry -- can't agree.

We were only up 1. "Taking time off the clock" means nothing if you end up giving the ball back and the opposition can win the game from the 40 yard line.

If you think we could have ground the game out, then fine -- we should have run more.

But if Schotty believed the best way to SCORE was putting the ball in the air (which you can't argue with the results), then I'm all for the aggressive approach to the possession . . .[/QUOTE]

Jets needed to score there. The defense had showed no signs that they could stop Miami's passing game. It was up to Sanchez and the offense to put up points and to their credit they did!

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    that pass was an absolute laser to Bray, and definitely in my mind the play that sealed our eventual win. In a huge moment of the game, with momentum swinging towards Miami at home, Mark Sanchez showed us why we traded up and drafted him. The kid stands poised in a nice pocket and delivers an absolute strike to his go to receiver. Watch the replay again, I couldn't get enough, the ball stuck right in his chest, after years of pennington and even favre flutter balls outside the numbers, that was a thing of beauty to witness.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sourceworx;3755095]I know we won the game, but on that last drive Schottenheimer proved why he is such a sh!tty playcaller. They needed to eat up as much time off the clock as they could, and this f*cking moron is calling pass plays on first and second down. Sanchez throws two incompletions, stopping the clock, and forcing them to throw on third down.

I have to disagree I thought Shotty called agreat game giving Sanchez the best chance. I like the aggressive play calling and the confidence he is showing in Mark. Enough with the clock already keep putting point up, Marshall was killing our secondary the fins were within ! play and about 10 sec. of coming back. Props to Shotty keep it up and stay aggressive.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

3rd and 10 play of the game!

Another huge play for us was one that never happened. The play right before. Sanchez softly shovel passes the ball at Kendall Langford's face.....scariest moment of the game

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    can't forget Brodney's tackle of marshall at the end there. That might be the sleeper play of the game.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree to an extent with the guy above me however I love that they had that confidence in Sanchez to win the game. That throw was so good and thrown so hard and so accurately that I watched it over and over again. On a line facemask height between two defenders it looked like Braylon either was gonna have to catch it or it was gonna get stuck in his facemask.