Thread: jets defensive backfield worries me

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

jets defensive backfield worries me

without revis.the jets defensive backs looked lost.miamis recievers were having a field day against the jets.I feel that the jets lucked out in winning the game.there has to be improvement in their defensive schemes.lets hope that revis is fully healed from his injury.if not,then the jets are in trouble.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I noticed that last night.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jets rooter;3755156]without revis.the jets defensive backs looked lost.miamis recievers were having a field day against the jets.I feel that the jets lucked out in winning the game.there has to be improvement in their defensive schemes.lets hope that revis is fully healed from his injury.if not,then the jets are in trouble.[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't go that crazy. For whatever reason, Miami just had it working against the Jets DB's.

Brady and that offense is far better and struggled big time after Revis was out.

Sometimes things happen like that in football. Same thing last year with Miami and the run defense. That first Miami game made it look like the Jets couldn't stop the run but that was a strength for every other game in the year.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    They'll be fine. They're missing their best pass rusher and best defensive player overall. We get those 2 players back plus add solid depth for those replacing them at the time. They will be just fine.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetsfan1983;3755163]Wouldn't go that crazy. For whatever reason, Miami just had it working against the Jets DB's.

Brady and that offense is far better and struggled big time after Revis was out.

Sometimes things happen like that in football. Same thing last year with Miami and the run defense. That first Miami game made it look like the Jets couldn't stop the run but that was a strength for every other game in the year.[/QUOTE]

Miami also had half a game of film, and a week to gameplan for a Revis-less Jets. I doubt the Patriots ever thought for a minute that Revis wouldn't play. Just saying.

If you ever questioned how valuable Revis is to this defense, well, I think you got your answer yesterday. Thankfully, we got that answer in a winning effort. Hopefully, he's back for next week.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    We held them to under 100 yards rushing.

We have the best DB in the planet coming back in a week.

Calm down.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Chupa;3755173]We held them to under 100 yards rushing.

We have the best DB in the planet coming back in a week.

Calm down.[/QUOTE]

I'd sit Revis next week.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jets rooter;3755156]without revis.the jets defensive backs looked lost.miamis recievers were having a field day against the jets.I feel that the jets lucked out in winning the game.there has to be improvement in their defensive schemes.lets hope that revis is fully healed from his injury.if not,then the jets are in trouble.[/QUOTE]

to me it was similar to last year - the whole D was really tired at the end... but thats the advantage miami gets at home in sept - its hot, and the big guys get tired. I don't think we're in for that every week without revis.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not making any excuses for our secondary b/c most of the game they looked lost out there, but I was thinking to myself all game about what they had game planned for. I doubt Rex and the D thought Henne would drop back 44 times considering he went 9/15 against the Vikes. Also, this was Marshall's breakout game for the Dolphins, before last night he hadn't done much, had to figure it would happen sooner or later, it just so happened it was against us without Revis. The guy is a top 5 Wr in this league, it showed last night

While I am slightly concerned about the secondary, Wilson not getting his head around despite pretty good coverage, our safeties seemingly getting abused at will, I have faith that the CS will make the proper adjustments and get them playing like JETS again.

Maybe just a good gameplan by the Dolphins and it kept the Jets D off balance all night, gotta give credit where credit is due.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Roger Vick;3755174]I'd sit Revis next week.[/QUOTE]

Me too

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    To be quite honest as poorly as Wilson played last night he was actually in good coverage on almost every play. Now if he can actually learn to turn his freakn head around he would have been in position on almost every play to make a play for the ball. I'm expecting him to get better as the season goes on, combine that with the injury riddled Pool (hopefully he can stay healthy and get better) and our secondary looked lost.

Hopefully the grow as a unit as the season draws on and we can start to see some of the potential the CS has been ranting and raving about.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can we perhaps have a little pass rush to help out the secondary? Henne was able to sit back and get off most throws without much pressure. These guys can cover these receivers who are pretty good all day without some sort of pressure.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=frankiepapa;3755228]Can we perhaps have a little pass rush to help out the secondary? Henne was able to sit back and get off most throws without much pressure. These guys can cover these receivers who are pretty good all day without some sort of pressure.[/Q

Ellis is their only bonified pass rusher.Devito and Pouha are stricktly run pluggers.It doesn't look like gholston is the answer as a sack machine.so the jets will have to scheme their pass rush around their linebackers and safties like they did last season.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think strategy had an effect on the overall configuration of the secondary last night.

It looked like the defense emphasized stopping the run and preferred to accept risks in the passing defense.