Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I think Lowery should start...

I think Lowery should start...

not knocking on Wilson who I think will be fine with time, just think Lowery gives us more experience and steadier play. Wilson is too raw at this point, a CB needs to turn hishead around, the back to back to back completions one of which was out of bounds by the way, would've been avoided if he had turned and looked at the ball. He stays stride for stride, but he looks raw at this point.

Once Revis returns all will be back to normal.

All League
    lowery is terrible, we've been down this road before. He gives the WR's waaaaaay too much cushion at the LOS. He gave up a big 1st down in last night's game. That's not to say that Wilson had played well. As another poster noted, this should be irrelevant once Revis is back.

I wonder if the Jets are considering resting Revis this week no matter what since they are playing the Bills.

Lowery would be exposed. There is a reason Lowery doesn't start.

[QUOTE=igotsowell;3755216]lowery is terrible, we've been down this road before. He gives the WR's waaaaaay too much cushion at the LOS. He gave up a big 1st down in last night's game. That's not to say that Wilson had played well. As another poster noted, this should be irrelevant once Revis is back.

I wonder if the Jets are considering resting Revis this week no matter what since they are playing the Bills.[/QUOTE]

I agree with silk. Like it or not. For right now at least. Lowery is a better option than Wilson.

All League
    When MEvi$ comes back and Wilson moves to the slot, all will be right with the world.

P.S. Lowery sucks at corner. He should rotate in at safety. No way is Lowery a better option that Wilson at corner.

[QUOTE=Gibby;3755225]I agree with silk. Like it or not. For right now at least. Lowery is a better option than Wilson.[/QUOTE]

What are you basing this on?

Go back and watch some of last year's games, then tell me Dwight Lowery should start.

Lowery was one of the better rated corners in the league last season in burn percentage, the problem is that he's lining up across from the best corner since Deion which will always magnify the problem. Lowery played very well last season except for that Colts game, but you're talking Peyton now and Peyton was threading that needle hard to beat Peyton when he has all day to complete a pass.

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=Gibby;3755225]I agree with silk. Like it or not. For right now at least. Lowery is a better option than Wilson.[/QUOTE]
    lmao, why not ask Lowery what he thinks. He went to the CS and told thm that #20 should start.

You guys are kidding with this, right?

Banned
    I believe Coleman is ahead of Lowery on the depth chart. That should tell you all you need to know about Lowery.

Rex Ryan has had a top 5 defense wherever he has been. I am pretty sure I trust his decisionmaking when it comes to who should start over a few Jet fans. Perhaps he sees that while Lowery may be slightly better today, Wilson will develop into a very good CB by seasons end or he just sees that Lowery sucks and that wilson (and his rookie mistakes) is still better than Lowery.

[QUOTE=sourceworx;3755244]I believe Coleman is ahead of Lowery on the depth chart. That should tell you all you need to know about Lowery.[/QUOTE]

Lowery did it for the sake of the team, Rex praised the heck out of him and was surprised he did what he did. Go read up on Lowery, he's the ultimate team player, he's a true professional, he'll be playing many years in this league.

Banned
    [QUOTE=Slikmojet;3755253]Lowery did it for the sake of the team, Rex praised the heck out of him and was surprised he did what he did. Go read up on Lowery, he's the ultimate team player, he's a true professional, he'll be playing many years in this league.[/QUOTE]

Nobody said he isn't a good guy. He's just not a very good football player.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Slikmojet;3755235]Lowery was one of the better rated corners in the league last season in burn percentage, the problem is that he's lining up across from the best corner since Deion which will always magnify the problem. Lowery played very well last season except for that Colts game, but you're talking Peyton now and Peyton was threading that needle hard to beat Peyton when he has all day to complete a pass.[/QUOTE]

Lowery is HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He shouldn't see the field unless its as a dime/nickel. He has proven TIME AND TIME AGAIN that he is not a starting CB. Wilson's coverage skills are not bad. He has to learn to look back at the QB and he will stop getting called for flags.

Lowery is not the answer though.

Dear Coach Ryan:

I know you watch these players every day in practice, and study them on film, and I know you've been a defensive coach in the NFL for 20 years. But, I saw a couple of plays on TV, and I think Dwight Lowery should start over Kyle Wilson. :rolleyes:

I agree, at least Lowery turns his head around once in a while :yes:

Veteran
    Yay a slikmo thread about a JAG

Wilson is doing ok, and learning on every play, lets give this kid a chance.

[QUOTE=Slikmojet;3755235]Lowery was one of the better rated corners in the league last season in burn percentage, the problem is that he's lining up across from the best corner since Deion which will always magnify the problem. Lowery played very well last season except for that Colts game, but you're talking Peyton now and Peyton was threading that needle hard to beat Peyton when he has all day to complete a pass.[/QUOTE]

lol burn percentage. Yeah wasn't Lito Sheppard also rated one of the highest too? Cmon. I don't need any silly stats to tell me what I see with my own eyes and Lowery being abused when starting. And he can't even tackle well.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Roger Vick;3755268]Dear Coach Ryan:

I know you watch these players every day in practice, and study them on film, and I know you've been a defensive coach in the NFL for 20 years. But, I saw a couple of plays on TV, and I think Dwight Lowery should start over Kyle Wilson. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

LOL! Perfect...