Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Curious if people think we miss kerry rhodes

Curious if people think we miss kerry rhodes

i no Revis has been out but our pass defense went from best to basically the worst in the NFL.... i have really not been a fan of kerry the past few years but he had good range on pass coverage and im wondering if people think we are missing him and that is one of the reasons for the dramatic drop off in our secondary so far... Eric Smith is a good hitter but lacks range and i have not seen enough of Brodney to have any idea accept he has made a couple of big plays

I don't miss that b*tch at all!

Veteran
    not me.

Hall Of Fame
    not at all..**** this place sucks mon-sat

All League
    Whether people don't want to admit it, our pass D has suffered without Rhodes here. But on the flip side our run d has improved, so pick your poison.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Remember: The best defense is a good offense.

I am all for the secondary sucking a bit because that's the mojo needed to get Son Of Marty to wake the f-ck up and start throwing the ball around. If Kerry Rhodes was any good, then his departure has led to our offensive resurgence. Thanks, Kerry.

We have a franchise quarterback. How about we [I]use [/I]him.

SAR I

All League
    No. Team cancer.

I do not. Don't think the team does either.

Veteran
    I'll i took from the subject was "miss kerry rhodes"....i'll leave it at that.

[QUOTE=Woody56;3757209]Whether people don't want to admit it, our pass D has suffered without Rhodes here. But on the flip side our run d has improved, so pick your poison.[/QUOTE]

Watch how fast it improves once Revis returns and healthy

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Woody56;3757209]Whether people don't want to admit it, our pass D has suffered without Rhodes here. But on the flip side our run d has improved, so pick your poison.[/QUOTE]

uhh you know that darrelle revis fellow? isn't he..wait ya he's injured right? I'm sure that has more to do with it than kerry rhodes..sorry...not buying.

Practice Squad
    Brodney Pool has made more impact plays in 2 games than Sherry Rhodes did in the first 11 of last year. Even after a victory certain folks still gotta find ways to complain about something:mad:

This [URL="http://www.nfl.com/players/kerryrhodes/profile?id=RHO457261"]Kerry Rhodes[/URL]?

He's on pace for 98 tackles this season, but from what I've seen his play has been "not good".

He's soft against the run, he can't tackle well, and his cover skills are "opportunistic". He has talent, but he's another "everything is about me" type players, which hurts the defense.

[QUOTE=Play Like A Jet;3757226]Brodney Pool has made more impact plays in 2 games than Sherry Rhodes did in the first 11 of last year. Even after a victory certain folks still gotta find ways to complain about something:mad:[/QUOTE]

+1, I was against Brodney Pool initially due to his rocky health history but he's a smart football player.

On the last play of the Phins game (shockingly similar to the ATL game), we had bracket coverage on Fasano and Brodney broke up the pass when Kerry didn't. That was everything I needed to know right there.

All League
    [QUOTE=WeskerLogan;3757224]uhh you know that darrelle revis fellow? isn't he..wait ya he's injured right? I'm sure that has more to do with it than kerry rhodes..sorry...not buying.[/QUOTE]

Revis is great and will eliminate his WR, but a you need safety's who are good in coverage like Rhodes to help your other CB's maintain their WR's. 1 100 yard receiver all of last year, 3 so far this year (2 games with Revis) is not an accident, its the consequence of having safetys who can't cover.

Jets fans are the ****ing worst.

[QUOTE=Woody56;3757241]Revis is great and will eliminate his WR, but a you need safety's who are good in coverage like Rhodes to help your other CB's maintain their WR's. 1 100 yard receiver all of last year, 3 so far this year (2 games with Revis) is not an accident, its the consequence of having safetys who can't cover.[/QUOTE]

Pool didn't play game 1...Revis, we all know, hasn't been 100% at all this season..

Jets don't miss Rhodes. Next!

A healthy Revis will definitely help a lot but something else is going on..... Henne looked like a pro bowl QB against us....WR were wide open and have been the whole season... we have given up 3 100 yd games to WR in 3 games compared to 1 last season.. if we played the colts right now they would put up 50 pts through the air.... again i have not been a fan of kerry rhodes for a while but he was able to cover a lot of ground in the secondary and we are lacking that right now with smith and brodney....

All League
    HELL NO !!