Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Curious if people think we miss kerry rhodes

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=John_0515;3757234]

He's on pace for 98 tackles this season, but from what I've seen his play has been "not good".

[/QUOTE]

Of course he has tons of tackles. The Cardinals opponents throw at him every chance they get.

Kyle Wilson has 14 tackles, more than triple the next Jets DB. LOL. He's the next Kerry Rhodes!

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

I miss his coverage skills for sure. He has really good range and athleticism. But he wouldn't buy into the system, he basically forced the team's hand.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    I saw this question when it came out and didn't answer it.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=WeskerLogan;3757224]uhh you know that darrelle revis fellow? isn't he..wait ya he's injured right? I'm sure that has more to do with it than kerry rhodes..sorry...not buying.[/QUOTE]

Was he injured week 1?

[QUOTE=gijet;3757200]i no Revis has been out but our pass defense went from best to basically the worst in the NFL.... i have really not been a fan of kerry the past few years but he had good range on pass coverage and im wondering if people think we are missing him and that is one of the reasons for the dramatic drop off in our secondary so far... Eric Smith is a good hitter but lacks range and i have not seen enough of Brodney to have any idea accept he has made a couple of big plays[/QUOTE]

I think losing the best corner in football, and the team's best pass rusher, has a little something to do with it.

Who? Uh, nope. :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=LockeJET;3757282]Was he injured week 1?[/QUOTE]

Please...Revis wasn't 100%....And Pool and Pace didn't play..

[QUOTE=Buzzsaw;3757267]I miss his coverage skills for sure. He has really good range and athleticism. But he wouldn't buy into the system, he basically forced the team's hand.[/QUOTE]

With buying into the system meaning being softer than a CB in tackling and taking awful pursuit angles while overestimating his foot speed.

The only time Kerry would have been useful was on that deep ball to Marshall. Rhodes is pretty good with the ball in the air and that ball was underthrown.

Other than that, Kerry is largely a negative when you factor in the lack of tackling and the locker room stuff.

Jets Insider VIP
    I've missed Kerry Rhodes since the '06-'07 season.

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=te1CVVlaJzA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=te1CVVlaJzA[/URL]

We haven't seen Poole really healthy full time so yes we have missed having a good cover safety and Rhodes was more than decent in pass coverage.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Are you effing kidding me?!?!?! :rolleyes:

Veteran
    Kerry who?????? I'd take Pool at 75% over Mr. Softy at 100%.

Veteran
    Judging by how poorly he's played this year, no.

All League
    [SIZE="6"][B]FVCK NO!!!!!!!![/B][/SIZE]

this is a reply to the title w/o having read any of the posts.

[QUOTE=gijet;3757200]i no Revis has been out but our pass defense went from best to basically the worst in the NFL.... i have really not been a fan of kerry the past few years but he had good range on pass coverage and im wondering if people think we are missing him and that is one of the reasons for the dramatic drop off in our secondary so far... Eric Smith is a good hitter but lacks range and i have not seen enough of Brodney to have any idea accept he has made a couple of big plays[/QUOTE]

Brodney Poole has actually played quite well in his place.

We miss Sheppard and Strickland if anyone. From a talent standpoint Cromartie and Wilson are superior but those guys had a much better grasp of the defense at this point last year. For a second week we're hearing from the players that there were miscommunications in the secondary. I'm confident our guys will pick up on the system as the year progresses (the bye-week will be vital) but they are not all on the same page right now.

It's not a talent issue, it's just communication.

All League
    [QUOTE=dassin;3757348][URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=te1CVVlaJzA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=te1CVVlaJzA[/URL][/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AapxXRlsdwA[/url]

:D

Jets Insider VIP
    YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS!!, copyright John McEnroe