Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Vernon Gholston

[QUOTE=acepepe;3758973]Emma[/QUOTE]

LOL. My wife and son still call him that. Who on the board coined that name? It was a person describing his daughter playing soccer.

[QUOTE=bitonti;3759239]gholston was a special teamer in years 1 and 2

he's a rotational guy in year 3

this is how it goes in the NFL

very few DE coming into the league are instant-good. no matter where they were drafted.[/QUOTE]

He should become a below average player right about the time he's due a new contact.

Hall Of Fame
    Vernon Gholston is dogsh1t and expensive dogsh1t at that. He has always been dogsh1t and he has been stuck to our collective shoes for the last three years.

In the pantheon of NY Jets all time first round draft busts, Vernon Gholston is in the top 5 if not the top 3. And that my friends is saying something for a franchise with the chequered draft history that this one has.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

[QUOTE=gijet;3758833]Gholston is a bust i dont no why everyone keeps thinking he is going to turn into something he is not... i have posted b4 i have spoke to a coach from Mangini staff who told me the guy is really soft mentally he gets picked on by teamates and is just not good no burst off the LOS zero moves etc... i wish it wasnt the case but he is officially the GHOST.. and i cant imagine any scenario that he is back next season[/QUOTE]

Well I'm sure that you did speak with a "Manginite" but have you ever spoken to Gholston himself to determine for a fact that he is "mentally soft?" Have you spoken with any of his current coaches? Any of his current team mates? Any of his current friends?

And if some weren't so jaded & always looking for the worst, you'd realize that Vernon is a real stand up guy. He kept his mouth shut & head low with the whole "BraylonBust" incident that didn't reflect real well for the entire team, let alone him & D'Brick. He could of easily spoken out and milked his 15 minutes of ugly fame out of this mess, especially because, you know, his team mates pick on him anyway, but chose to avoid the cameras & reporters instead.

As for on the field & as per GIJet's statement, Gholston's his first year in the NFL under the Manginite regime didn't go well. Not all players respond well to certain styles of coaching and #50 is living proof of that. I do believe that he is playing much better under Ryan's Regime, but at this point stop I wish some of you would stop beating a dead horse expecting Gholston to part the Red Sea when his role is that of an oarsmen.

Carry on with cyber beating him up though, it's a slow news week.

:rolleyes:

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Limolady;3759556]Well I'm sure that you did speak with a "Manginite" but have you ever spoken to Gholston himself to determine for a fact that he is "mentally soft?" Have you spoken with any of his current coaches? Any of his current team mates? Any of his current friends?

And if some weren't so jaded & always looking for the worst, you'd realize that Vernon is a real stand up guy. He kept his mouth shut & head low with the whole "BraylonBust" incident that didn't reflect real well for the entire team, let alone him & D'Brick. He could of easily spoken out and milked his 15 minutes of ugly fame out of this mess, especially because, you know, his team mates pick on him anyway, but chose to avoid the cameras & reporters instead.

As for on the field & as per GIJet's statement, Gholston's his first year in the NFL under the Manginite regime didn't go well. Not all players respond well to certain styles of coaching and #50 is living proof of that. I do believe that he is playing much better under Ryan's Regime, but at this point stop I wish some of you would stop beating a dead horse expecting Gholston to part the Red Sea when his role is that of an oarsmen.

Carry on with cyber beating him up though, it's a slow news week.

:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]
    If the horse is dead he needs to be buried. Not stuffed, mounted and then held up for all the world as a horse that is showing signs of coming to life... Possibly... maybe...

Limo, the young man made out like a bandit and, through no fault of his own he managed to game the system. Good for him. Bad of us. The Jets and Jets fans are the aggrieved parties here. Vernon has all those dollars to keep him wrm at night.

VG is stealing a roster spot from somebody else out there who is more deserving.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

[QUOTE=EM31;3759633]If the horse is dead he needs to be buried. Not stuffed, mounted and then held up for all the world as a horse that is showing signs of coming to life... Possibly... maybe...

Limo, the young man made out like a bandit and, through no fault of his own he managed to game the system. Good for him. Bad of us. The Jets and Jets fans are the aggrieved parties here. Vernon has all those dollars to keep him wrm at night. VG is stealing a roster spot from somebody else out there who is more deserving.[/QUOTE]

All valid points except the stealing part. It's not his fault the NFL Draftnicks put him on the first round boards & on a pedestal in 2007. Team Mangini drafted him at #6 and at that time all I kept thinking was "Here we go again, it's Dwayne Robertson, Part Duh."

Well, here we are three seasons later and it's "Super Bust" unless the team makes it to the "Super Bowl" then everybody will be a "Super Hero" and this thread, moot point.

;)

[QUOTE=Borgoguy;3759412]LOL. My wife and son still call him that. Who on the board coined that name? It was a person describing his daughter playing soccer.[/QUOTE]

I don't remember, Every time I see VG on the outskirts of a play(always close to the action, but never quite there) that's the first thing that come to mind!

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Limolady;3759758]All valid points except the stealing part. It's not his fault the NFL Draftnicks put him on the first round boards & on a pedestal in 2007. Team Mangini drafted him at #6 and at that time all I kept thinking was "Here we go again, [B]it's Dwayne Robertson, Part Duh[/B]."

Well, here we are three seasons later and it's "Super Bust" unless the team makes it to the "Super Bowl" then everybody will be a "Super Hero" and this thread, moot point.

;)[/QUOTE]

LOL... so you knew Bitonti liked his nutsack even then :D

OK he is occupying a roster spot that he has not earned. He didn't steal, it was the situation that stole.

[I][COLOR=blue]..."Because you have stolen from Mr.Soze, Mr Gholston. All of you. That you did not know you stole from him is the only reason you are still alive. He feels you owe him. You will repay your debt."...[/COLOR][/I]

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

[QUOTE=EM31;3759803]LOL... so you knew Bitonti liked his nutsack even then :D

OK he is occupying a roster spot that he has not earned. He didn't steal, it was the situation that stole.

[I][COLOR=blue]..."Because you have stolen from Mr.Soze, Mr Gholston. All of you. That you did not know you stole from him is the only reason you are still alive. He feels you owe him. You will repay your debt."...[/COLOR][/I][/QUOTE]

The Usual Suspects is still one of my all time favorite movies.

And yes, Bit has taken a lot of heat over the years with D'Rob & now D'Ghost. I know it's a slow news week, but if I had to break down the current roster, I'm sure I could find guys with a spot that hasn't been earned as well. Difference here is Gholston hit the Draft Lotto and has Eric Mangini to thank for it. Same guy who's staff said he's "mentally soft."

Don't hate the player, hate the game. :D

All Pro
    Vernon Gholston is my favorite Jets player. :yes:

[QUOTE=The Boston Patriot;3760500]Vernon Gholston is my favorite Jets player. :yes:[/QUOTE]

So he replaces Mo Lewis?

Jets Insider VIP
    I guess I could argue with this troll but since his New England Titanics are in full sinking mode and won't even be relevant by the end of this season, why bother with our underlings

the thing is, who else has made it big out of his group? jake long and who else? i'm not so sure you can put mayo up there. mayo is solid but maybe not worth a top 15 pick, at least this season. i think a lot of other players taken in gholston's group are solid. obviously gholston was not worth a no. 6 pick but does he make it to the first round? second round?

[QUOTE=bman;3758738]Total JAG...You can get equal production from an undrafted free agent...so for the time being taken at #6 he is a complete bust.[/QUOTE]

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=The Boston Patriot;3760500]Vernon Gholston is my favorite Jets player. :yes:[/QUOTE]
    TBP!!!

You little rascal you. So well behaved over here but such an anti Jets fans ideologue over at the other place. Tsk Tsk I am actually a bit disappointed.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Limolady;3759844]The Usual Suspects is still one of my all time favorite movies.

And yes, Bit has taken a lot of heat over the years with D'Rob & now D'Ghost. I know it's a slow news week, but if I had to break down the current roster, I'm sure I could find guys with a spot that hasn't been earned as well. Difference here is Gholston hit the Draft Lotto and has Eric Mangini to thank for it. Same guy who's staff said he's "mentally soft."

Don't hate the player, hate the game. :D[/QUOTE]
    Bit has sunbathed in the self inflicted heat and loved every minute of it :D I admire his sticktoitiveness.

Ghostman blows and should have been released. Green should be on team ,should have been bye bye bustman gholston to make room for pryce.

Veteran
    So when we miss on a pick it's because of Mangini, and when we hit on a pick it's because of Tannenbaum and Clinkscales? Unbelievable with some of you people.

Is Vernon Gholston even a Bigger Bust than [b]THIS GUY?[/b]

[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/e4/Brian_Bosworth.jpg/200px-Brian_Bosworth.jpg[/img]

[b]The Boz[/b] :D

[QUOTE=EM31;3759431]Vernon Gholston is dogsh1t and expensive dogsh1t at that. He has always been dogsh1t and he has been stuck to our collective shoes for the last three years.

In the pantheon of NY Jets all time first round draft busts, [B]Vernon Gholston is in the top 5 if not the top 3. [/B]And that my friends is saying something for a franchise with the chequered draft history that this one has.[/QUOTE]

I have only been a fan since 86, but he is the biggest bust since that season. We can crack on Blair Thomas and D-Rob all we want, the latter two at least flashed on occasion. Gholston has been, to quote you, straight up dog-poo.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Maury77;3760656]I have only been a fan since 86, but he is the biggest bust since that season. We can crack on Blair Thomas and D-Rob all we want, the latter two at least flashed on occasion. Gholston has been, to quote you, straight up dog-poo.[/QUOTE]
    Old time Jets fans will say that Johnny Lam Jones was a bigger bust but I am not sure if that is true given that he did have at least some success at this level. Blair Thomas did not work out well also but again, Thomas had a decent career even if much of it was somewhere else. I agree. Gholston is close to the top of a very crowded tree of all time Jets busts. Maybe Bitonti would like to tell us where he rightly belongs.