Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Vernon Gholston

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jet_Engine1;3767196]

ANd what do I see on one of Fitzpatricks scrambles for a first down? I see #50, SIXTH OVERALL PICK Vernon Gholston LOAFING it, jogging vaguely in the direction of the ball. DO I see him playing hard, running down the QB? DO I see him looking to HIT SOMEONE, ANYONE, and maybe make a tiny impact?

NO. I see him leisurely jogging on the field LOAFING.[/QUOTE]

That pissed me off. We need to get this guy off the team the day after the season ends.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jet_Engine1;3767196]OK, I'll bite.......did you watch the game? It was GREAT! Jets offense just blowing up on Buffalo, Cromartie erasing Evans, buffalo not able to move the ball much at all, Jets dominating the line on both sides of the ball. The ONLY negative? Fitz running for 70+ yards...mostly for his life, but still getting yards against the Jets D.

ANd what do I see on one of Fitzpatricks scrambles for a first down? I see #50, SIXTH OVERALL PICK Vernon Gholston LOAFING it, jogging vaguely in the direction of the ball. DO I see him playing hard, running down the QB? DO I see him looking to HIT SOMEONE, ANYONE, and maybe make a tiny impact? NO. I see him leisurely jogging on the field LOAFING.

Jason Taylor? He chased the play down from the other side of the field...a 35 year old HALL OF FAMER with a BRACE on his Left arm....chasing down and getting in on the tackle. Vernon the Ghost? Nahhh, the game was OVER, right? Why get winded chasing down the QB?

The guy is NOT a Football player. Hes just a big 'roid head that plays football.[/QUOTE]

Jason Taylor has 14 years of NFL playing experience too. While Gholston may never live up to being drafted at #6 in the first round, that's also not his fault. The Draftnicks pushed him up the charts and he hit NFL Lotto with Eric Mangini to thank for the winning ticket.

And Gholston is just a big roid head? You know this for a fact? Have you ever met Vernon Gholston? Ever talk to him? Ever see him take GHD's? HGH's? And do you know anyone that actually juices? Watch their behavior, demeanor, mood and attitude swings? Have you ever seen a person in a roid rage?

While everyone is entitled to his or her opinion on the board, if you don't have solid proof to back up such a claim, then............... :flush:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE]And Gholston is just a big roid head? You know this for a fact? Have you ever met Vernon Gholston? Ever talk to him? Ever see him take GHD's? HGH's? And do you know anyone that actually juices? Watch their behavior, demeanor, mood and attitude swings? Have you ever seen a person in a roid rage? [/QUOTE]

As a matter of fact, YES, yes I have seen a person in "'Roid rage", and to be honest, I'd take a bit of 'ROid rage from Ghost over the hesitant, lackadaisical play he exhibits on a weekly basis.

Just because you once talked at Gholston for a minute or were in the same room as him makes you the only one that "knows" him? How about we just look at pics of VG while at OSU....How about we look at the FACT that this guy was a workout wonder who "somehow" produced during his last college season then killed it at the Combine, only to see all of his intensity completely wane upon signing an NFL contract.

Ever see pics of VG pre-draft and now? Shades of Shawn Merriman IMO.

SO yeah, I do think he was a 'roided up workout warrior who has yet to make ANY impact in the NFL and is a waste of $$$$ and a roster space.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=MCBNY;3758710]Invisible. Still.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I thought this might really be the year.

Nope. He's a goner.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Limolady;3767265]Jason Taylor has 14 years of NFL playing experience too. While Gholston may never live up to being drafted at #6 in the first round, that's also not his fault. The Draftnicks pushed him up the charts and he hit NFL Lotto with Eric Mangini to thank for the winning ticket.

[/QUOTE]

What the heck does that have to do with Gholston not going all out after Fitzpatrick? :confused:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=C Mart;3767339]What the heck does that have to do with Gholston not going all out after Fitzpatrick? :confused:[/QUOTE]

not a damn thing.

she's trying to deflect the criticism.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    It is really quite remarkable that a player on team with the Jets injuries on the defensive line can still manage to remain completely invisible despite the numerous additional opportunities.

His contributions on the field are dogsh1t.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=MDL_JET;3758728]I would say he plays DE so he's not gonna get much, but then again Ellis has been killin it at DE. Soooo...yeah. He ALMOST had pressure on Tom Brady, well until he threw it up to Moss for TD. :O[/QUOTE]

To that extent though Ellis has been the only DE actually producing and he has played the position the longest. As always Gholston is getting a good push but it's the second and third moves that are missing.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jet_Engine1;3767273]As a matter of fact, YES, yes I have seen a person in "'Roid rage", and to be honest, I'd take a bit of 'ROid rage from Ghost over the hesitant, lackadaisical play he exhibits on a weekly basis.

Just because you once talked at Gholston for a minute or were in the same room as him makes you the only one that "knows" him? How about we just look at pics of VG while at OSU....How about we look at the FACT that this guy was a workout wonder who "somehow" produced during his last college season then killed it at the Combine, only to see all of his intensity completely wane upon signing an NFL contract.

Ever see pics of VG pre-draft and now? Shades of Shawn Merriman IMO.

SO yeah, I do think he was a 'roided up workout warrior who has yet to make ANY impact in the NFL and is a waste of $$$$ and a roster space.[/QUOTE]

Well then I agree to disagree and you are entitled to your opinion.

I just want to state a fact. Fact is I don't know Vernon Gholston at all. So I don't go around accusing people (in writing) I don't know of being on drugs. Unless I actually partied the drugs with them. Then I'd never tell and/or judge, but that's another topic.

And you are saying he's juiced up, but doesn't act like he's juiced up, especially on the field? Oxymoron.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=hatnlvr;3767383]To that extent though Ellis has been the only DE actually producing and he has played the position the longest. As always Gholston is getting a good push but it's the second and third moves that are missing.[/QUOTE]

DeVito is and has been a productive and active player with a GREAT motor and excellent strength at he POA. UDFA from Maine...

Fat, out of shape Howard Green has had more impact plays this season (1 Game) that the Ghost.

Its really quite sad.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Vin;3758772]Pete Townsend. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, 'Eminence Front' :yes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Maury77;3760656]I have only been a fan since 86, but he is the biggest bust since that season. We can crack on Blair Thomas and D-Rob all we want, the latter two at least flashed on occasion. Gholston has been, to quote you, straight up dog-poo.[/QUOTE]

What the hell did Blair Thomas flash. Johnny Mitchell ring a bell? Rodger Vick maybe? Cadigan? At least he's still getting playing time on a great team. Time will tell which was worse, but those guys never flashed anything and were out of football post haste. Looking back, we were really bad at drafting for a long time. Thank God a bust like Gholston is the aberration now, instead of the norm. As far as the guy saying he stole a roster spot, that's plain stupid. He would be deactivated then. There's guys on the roster that are inactive. Howard Green is a DT. I don't think Gholston is a DT. Tell me which LB, or DE should be on the roster, and you may have a point. Look the guy took a pay cut, and is working hard, and keeps his mouth shut. It'll all be over next year. Give the guy a break. He's not a liability out there, and 4 tackles isn't bad for a backup DE in a 34. The team is just too good. I guess you guys just have nothing else to complain about.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Limolady;3767393]Well then I agree to disagree and you are entitled to your opinion.

I just want to state a fact. Fact is I don't know Vernon Gholston at all. So I don't go around accusing people (in writing) I don't know of being on drugs. Unless I actually partied the drugs with them. Then I'd never tell and/or judge, but that's another topic.

[B]And you are saying he's juiced up, but doesn't act like he's juiced up, especially on the field? Oxymoron[/B].[/QUOTE]

You are a nice person and been around here as long as I have, so I will not be my usual cranky mean (internet) self, but rather than question your reading comp ability, I'll clarify my point....

Vernon Gholston juiced up and got HUGE at OSU and had ONE monster year, followed by his great combine showing (a 'la Merriman, Castillo)....got drafted, GOT PAID, and has coasted ever since. At least the other guys decided to, you know, PLAY after getting drafted. Gholston is simply not a football player. Hes basically getting paid MILLIONS based on a 4 month stretch in College and a few steroid enhanced workouts.

Good work if you can get it, I guess.