Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Story: Jets Sign DE Trevor Pryce

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Terrell Suggs says Trevor Pryce signed with the Jets

[url]http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Terrell-Suggs-says-Trevor-Pryce-signed-with-the-Jets.html[/url]

OWINGS MILLS, Md. -- Baltimore Ravens outside linebacker Terrell Suggs says that veteran defensive end Trevor Pryce has signed with the New York Jets.

The Ravens cut Pryce on Wednesday to re-sign safety Ken Hamlin, and coach John Harbaugh had indicated that the team planned to bring back Pryce.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Suggs > OCNN

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    anything resembling confirmation from a source better than Suggs' twoooter account would be encouraging

otherwise, it sounds like Cowlishaw baloney to me

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;3759504]anything resembling confirmation from a source better than Suggs' twoooter account would be encouraging

otherwise, it sounds like Cowlishaw baloney to me[/QUOTE]

suggs more reliable than cowlishaw

Veteran
    Clark University, by way of West Orange, NJ
    Post Thanks / Like
    This would make sense if it's true

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Schefter is reporting it now. Though he may just be going off of Suggs.

[url]http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter/status/25988130685[/url]

[url]http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter/status/25988234249[/url]

Remains to be seen exactly why Baltimore cut him and how much he has left.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Does he have to clear waivers? Or maybe not because of his years of service?
    If they did bring him in, wouldn't it be a great. He's a solid veteran that can play inside and outside. He would probably take DeVito's starting job, and have him come off the bench.

Hope it's true, will see in the next day or so.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I reported it on my twitter account a while ago, not to sound like incarcerated dope, but [url]www.twitter.com/nickspano[/url] i got a good tip.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Does this mean we'd have to cut someone to fit him in the active roster? If so, who do we cut?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetFanTX;3759527]Does this mean we'd have to cut someone to fit him in the active roster? If so, who do we cut?[/QUOTE]

Id say Patrick Turner.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    TX probably the USC WR we just signed off the practice squad.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetFanTX;3759527]Does this mean we'd have to cut someone to fit him in the active roster? If so, who do we cut?[/QUOTE]

Probably Dixon.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BrickHouse;3759523]Does he have to clear waivers? Or maybe not because of his years of service?
    If they did bring him in, wouldn't it be a great. He's a solid veteran that can play inside and outside. He would probably take DeVito's starting job, and have him come off the bench.

Hope it's true, will see in the next day or so.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure he doesn't have to clear waivers. I guess someone like Marcus Dixon will be cut. Don't know a thing about him, so can't say that its a bad move or what.

But it would be nice if one of the young Dlineman on our roster/taxi squad developed into a player. Right now we have a few: Kroul, Dixon, Gilbert and Tavaseau. Developing guys like that is the life blood of a franchise. DeVito is a perfect example.

All League
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    6.5 sacks last season....not too shaby. At 35 hopefully he still has a little gas left in that tank.

Good pick up, much better depth on the DL now.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=fullblast;3759520]Schefter is reporting it now. Though he may just be going off of Suggs.

[url]http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter/status/25988130685[/url]

[url]http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter/status/25988234249[/url]

Remains to be seen exactly why Baltimore cut him and how much he has left.[/QUOTE]

Balt was also trying to bring him back.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Makes perfect sense.

And he's from Brooklyn.:yes:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think he's done, but hopefully he proves me wrong.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ven0m;3759543]I think he's done, but hopefully he proves me wrong.[/QUOTE]

Hes not going to be a starter here, hes better than the backups we had, at least hes a veteran and knows how to get it done, he had 6.5 sacks last season. The Ravens wanted him back, their HC even said "he'll be back".

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    @JasonLaCanfora
    Trevor Pryce has signed with the Jets. Ravens had badly hoped to re-sign him next week and he had kept his locker in tact Wed
    10 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    This:

The New York Jets have intercepted the Ravens' plans to re-sign defensive end Trevor Pryce, who Baltimore waived on Wednesday.

New York has agreed to a contract with Pryce, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter. Jets head coach Rex Ryan coached Pryce when he was an assistant in Baltimore.

Pryce ranks third in sacks among active players but has only one tackle this season. The 35-year-old has not started any of Baltimore's three games.

Ravens coach John Harbaugh said Wednesday that there was a "high possibility" that Pryce would return.

Pryce was waived to make room for safety Ken Hamlin, who was released by Baltimore last week. Hamlin will probably contribute on special teams in this Sunday's game against the Pittsburgh Steelers.

"You've got roster issues that you deal with. It's not something we wanted to do," Harbaugh said of the move. "Trevor is a big part of what we're doing here, and we anticipate getting him back. It's just what we had to do for now."

Harbaugh insisted that Hamlin was simply a better fit on the roster for this week.

"We're going to put the 45 best guys out there," he said. "I would rather have Trevor here this week playing, but we're not able to do that. We just have a numbers situation."

Pryce's locker had not been cleared out at the Ravens' facility Wednesday.