Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Story: Jets Sign DE Trevor Pryce

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's interesting that Rex punced on Pryce but never brought in Adailius Thomas.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [url]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/09/30/terrell-suggs-trevor-pryce-signed-with-jets/[/url]

Terrell Suggs: Trevor Pryce signed with Jets
    Posted by Michael David Smith on September 30, 2010 11:09 AM ET
    A day after he was released by the Baltimore Ravens in a move that appeared to be only temporary, defensive lineman Trevor Pryce may have left for the New York Jets.

Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs wrote on Twitter that Pryce had signed with the Jets, and although there's been no formal announcement, the Ravens seem to think it's a done deal, as the team's Twitter account re-tweeted Suggs' tweet.

From the Jets' perspective, the move makes sense: Pryce played for Jets coach Rex Ryan for three seasons while Ryan was the Ravens' defensive coordinator. It won't take Pryce long to get up to speed in the Jets' defense.

Pryce can take his termination pay from the Ravens and still play and get paid for the rest of the season for the Jets.

UPDATE: Just after we clicked publish on this item, PFT was able to confirm that Pryce is, indeed, going to the Jets.

You must be logged in to post a comment. Not a member? Register now!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=k.Rhodes25;3759550]Hes not going to be a starter here, hes better than the backups we had, at least hes a veteran and knows how to get it done, he had 6.5 sacks last season. The Ravens wanted him back, their HC even said "he'll be back".[/QUOTE]

- I know he's not going to start here, he wasn't starting in Baltimore either. And wasn't making an impact with them either.

- They might like Pryce, but clearly they judged him to be one of their most expendable players by letting him go in the first place.

I mean, I'll give him a chance to prove me wrong, but my hopes aren't exactly high on this one.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=fullblast;3759553]It's interesting that Rex punced on Pryce but never brought in Adailius Thomas.[/QUOTE]

We didn't have to put 2 Linebackers on IR, like we did at D-Lineman

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [URL]http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/news/story?id=5632728&campaign=rss&source=twitter&ex_cid=Twitter_espn_5632728[/URL]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Has he been active in all three games?

I think it is too late in the week to get him in the game Sunday but I would like as much depth as we can have for Monday night's tilt with the Vikes

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Trevor Pryce signs with JETS..NY Daily News

Manish Metha tweets Trevor Pryce has signed with Jets!!

A day after Ravens cut him, DL Trevor Pryce has signed with #Jets (and will be reunited with Rex Ryan), a league source confirms. #nfl #nyj
    Last edited by ComfortablyNumb; 09-30-2010 at 11:38 AM. Reason: Typo on subject

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=fullblast;3759531]Probably Dixon.[/QUOTE]

I would think Kroull before Dixon.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ven0m;3759559]- I know he's not going to start here, he wasn't starting in Baltimore either. And wasn't making an impact with them either.

- They might like Pryce, but clearly they judged him to be one of their most expendable players by letting him go in the first place.

I mean, I'll give him a chance to prove me wrong, but my hopes aren't exactly high on this one.[/QUOTE]

They tried to do to him what we did to Richardson. I'm sure teams would've been happy to sign Richardson but it was clear he wanted to be here.

Pryce had 6.5 sacks last year as a 3/4 D-lineman. I'd say there is some life left.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=k.Rhodes25;3759550]The Ravens wanted him back, their HC even said "he'll be back".[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://www.sportsoverdose.com/thumbs/laveranues-coles-11-nfl.jpg[/IMG]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    they're getting cody back anyway.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=fullblast;3759553]It's interesting that Rex punced on Pryce but never brought in Adailius Thomas.[/QUOTE]

Nice point just proves how Rex is touch with talent out there

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ComfortablyNumb;3759570]Manish Metha tweets Trevor Pryce has signed with Jets!! A day after Ravens cut him, DL Trevor Pryce has signed with #Jets (and will be reunited with Rex Ryan), a league source confirms. #nfl #nyj[/QUOTE]

Tell him he's 60 Tweets too late. And mods can you please merge this with the 60 threads already started on this topic. Thanks.

:yes:

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Isn't J.T. #1 in active sack leaders?

If so the Jets now have the 1st and 3rd active leaders in sacks.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice pick up!!!

Lets go Jets!!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    boy do the jets need some DL depth this offseason. hopefully between the draft and a free agency that allows signing players w/o losing them and basing the salary on the guys who were signed by other teams, the jets can get some young DL talent.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I knew I should have checked Schefter first. Sorry and please merge. :O

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=LockeJET;3759576]They tried to do to him what we did to Richardson. I'm sure teams would've been happy to sign Richardson but it was clear he wanted to be here.

Pryce had 6.5 sacks last year as a 3/4 D-lineman. I'd say there is some life left.[/QUOTE]

My point is they wouldn't have cut him if they felt he was one of their most valuable defenders, you don't take that risk. They cut him because they judged him to be expendable. Not just for next weeks game, but potentially for the rest of the season, because when you cut someone, you know there's no guarantee you can get them back.

The Richardson stuff still doesn't make any sense. I'm convinced the only reason they signed him back when they did was because of the public outcry. They can spin it however they want, but I'm calling BS on that. I still think the Jets wanted to go without him for that Week 1 game, to save a couple bucks and to have the option of cutting him later on should Conner prove worthy of the starting job, and when they got called out on it, they backtracked.

As for his sack total, Baltimore is the same team that made him come back as a bench player after that 6.5 sack season. Sometimes, those numbers can be misleading.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Limolady;3759585]Tell him he's 60 Tweets too late. And mods can you please merge this with the 60 threads already started on this topic. Thanks.

:yes:[/QUOTE]

wow..no love for manish

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tennessee_Jet;3759501][url]http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Terrell-Suggs-says-Trevor-Pryce-signed-with-the-Jets.html[/url]

OWINGS MILLS, Md. -- Baltimore Ravens outside linebacker Terrell Suggs says that veteran defensive end Trevor Pryce has signed with the New York Jets.

The Ravens cut Pryce on Wednesday to re-sign safety Ken Hamlin, and coach John Harbaugh had indicated that the team planned to bring back Pryce.[/QUOTE]

Here's another link on this....

[url]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/09/30/terrell-suggs-trevor-pryce-signed-with-jets/[/url]

Terrell Suggs: Trevor Pryce signed with Jets
    Posted by Michael David Smith on September 30, 2010 11:09 AM ET
    A day after he was released by the Baltimore Ravens in a move that appeared to be only temporary, defensive lineman Trevor Pryce may have left for the New York Jets.

Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs wrote on Twitter that Pryce had signed with the Jets, and although there's been no formal announcement, the Ravens seem to think it's a done deal, as the team's Twitter account re-tweeted Suggs' tweet.

From the Jets' perspective, the move makes sense: Pryce played for Jets coach Rex Ryan for three seasons while Ryan was the Ravens' defensive coordinator. It won't take Pryce long to get up to speed in the Jets' defense.

Pryce can take his termination pay from the Ravens and still play and get paid for the rest of the season for the Jets.

UPDATE: Just after we clicked publish on this item, PFT was able to confirm that Pryce is, indeed, going to the Jets.