Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: New Story: Jets Sign DE Trevor Pryce

Schluberator & Gadfly
    [QUOTE=jetsfan920;3760413]Good signing. Our pass rush will be sick when Pace is back.[/QUOTE]

+1 good depth. Keep rotatin' those pass rushers to wear down the O-line.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=Jet_Engine1;3760575]Is Pryce going to play DT? Just curious....I know he can play all spots on the DL, but does he play on the Nose? Green wasn't a standout, but he was OK as depth on the line as a backup to Pouha....Since Jenkins went down, the Jets are a bit thin at NT with Pouha being the only "true" 3-4 NT.

I'm all for versatility, so I like the Pryce signing a lot.....but aren't they a bit thin at NT?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

He'll probably be coming on 3rd down when the base defense is out the window. At times, the Jets had only 2 down lineman in the game. My guess is that 3rd and 4 or more, he'll be the inside pass rusher with any different # of variety of other players around him. I could see Ellis, Pryce 3 LBs and 6 DBs

[QUOTE=crasherino;3760771]He'll probably be coming on 3rd down when the base defense is out the window. At times, the Jets had only 2 down lineman in the game. My guess is that 3rd and 4 or more, he'll be the inside pass rusher with any different # of variety of other players around him. I could see Ellis, Pryce 3 LBs and 6 DBs[/QUOTE]

He's a third down guy. pass rusher through and through from the inside.

At our best, the nickel pass rush will look like:

Pace Ellis Pryce Taylor

Pass rush is huge when you are playing with a lead and the other team has to throw late in the game.

All Pro
    We got another mentor for Gholston! sweet :P

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Rex made a comment about Trevor Price in his post game presser. Anyone know what he's talking about? Did Price pull a bonehead play or something?

Jets Insider VIP
    Late in the 4th, Pryce jumped across the line and went into the backfield before the snap.

[QUOTE=chesapeakejet;3764700]Rex made a comment about Trevor Price in his post game presser. Anyone know what he's talking about? Did Price pull a bonehead play or something?[/QUOTE]

He had an encroachment penalty in the 4th Q that gave them a 1st down, but I think Rex was mainly joking.

[QUOTE=chesapeakejet;3764700]Rex made a comment about Trevor Price in his post game presser. Anyone know what he's talking about? Did Price pull a bonehead play or something?[/QUOTE]

I think he was just talking about the offsides penalty on him. (Especially given that one of the goals of the team for the game was to reduce its penalties.)