Thread: Krauthhammer eviscerates Obama on Afghan strategy

All League

Krauthhammer eviscerates Obama on Afghan strategy

http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...thammer?page=1

The worst President in modern history, who's about to lose Congress, whose economic team is running for the hills (except the tax cheat Geithner (who now wants more stimulus..ok Paul Krugman), & whose chief of staff..the lilliputian Rahm Emauel, is just the latest to jump ship...also has a mindless foreign policy, where friends are treated like enemies, & tyrants & dictators are coddled. Charles Krauthammer has mad a name for himself as one of the most outspoken critics of this administration- this article lays out the ways in which Obama is destroying anycredibility he may have garnered by ordering 30,000 add'l troops last Dec. enjoy

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker134 View Post

The worst President in modern history, who's about to lose Congress, whose economic team is running for the hills (except the tax cheat Geithner (who now wants more stimulus..ok Paul Krugman), & whose chief of staff..the lilliputian Rahm Emauel, is just the latest to jump ship...also has a mindless foreign policy, where friends are treated like enemies, & tyrants & dictators are coddled. Charles Krauthammer has mad a name for himself as one of the most outspoken critics of this administration- this article lays out the ways in which Obama is destroying anycredibility he may have garnered by ordering 30,000 add'l troops last Dec. enjoy
    LMFAO!!

I always highly enjoying the idiotic idea that "you can't say when you're withdrawing...our enemies will WAIT".

Yea. No sh*t, Einstein. Don't know if you were observant to know this before, Kraut...but they kinda live there and have lived there for, I dunno, a few thousand f*cking years.

Listen. These National Review people need to keep their gums from flapping about ANYTHING war related. They were wrong on EVERYTHING about Iraq. And I mean E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G.

Listening to the opinions any of these morons think would be like soliciting parenting advice from Brittney Spears...

Hall Of Fame

Maybe you should check out Reagan's first 2 years and then post.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Kraut is the best, always says what he is thinking, no Bullllss****.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    LMFAO!!

I always highly enjoying the idiotic idea that "you can't say when you're withdrawing...our enemies will WAIT".

Yea. No sh*t, Einstein. Don't know if you were observant to know this before, Kraut...but they kinda live there and have lived there for, I dunno, a few thousand f*cking years.

Listen. These National Review people need to keep their gums from flapping about ANYTHING war related. They were wrong on EVERYTHING about Iraq. And I mean E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G.

Listening to the opinions any of these morons think would be like soliciting parenting advice from Brittney Spears...
    i respectfully disagree, PK....if GWB had listened to Colin Powell & not the moron Rumsfeld, there would have been an immediate surge as soon as Baghdad fell...& we wouldnt have gotten into the quagmire that we ended up getting into....then getting out of, with Petraeus' surge

Undrafted Free Agent
    Which only made Iraq's insurgents wait and are now stepping up the bombings. In other words, that surge failed too as they still have no government @ 6 months after elections. Which all goes to show you we never should have gone into Iraq int he first place.

Hall Of Fame
    i respectfully disagree, PK....if GWB had listened to Colin Powell & not the moron Rumsfeld, there would have been an immediate surge as soon as Baghdad fell...& we wouldnt have gotten into the quagmire that we ended up getting into....then getting out of, with Petraeus' surge
    http://www.mail-archive.com/sam11@er.../msg00014.html

All League
    youre missing the point, PK...Powell may have been in favor of sanctions & not invading Iraq in the first place, as the article you reference points out. But once there, & once Baghdad fell in 2 weeks...he was in favor of "imposing our will"....pls read:

Tuesday, April 11, 2006 11:03 a.m. EDT
    Colin Powell Criticizes Rumsfeld on Iraq

Reprint Information
    Book on Katie Couric Makes Waves

White House: We're Not Subject to FOIA
    FBI Seeks 2 Mysterious Men on Ferry
    Publisher: Conservatives Do Read As Much As Liberals
    Romney Shrugs Off Mormon History Film

Former Secretary of State Colin Powell has joined the list of prominent figures speaking out bluntly against Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld’s handling of the war in Iraq.

Addressing the annual conference of the National School Board Association in Chicago on Saturday, Powell said: "We made some serious mistakes in the immediate aftermath of the fall of Baghdad.

"We didn't have enough troops on the ground. We didn't impose our will. And as a result, an insurgency got started and ... got out of control."

Powell was behind failed U.S. efforts to get the United Nations Security Council to endorse a resolution for the 2003 invasion of Iraq. After retiring in 2005, he expressed anger that the intelligence he presented at the time turned out to be largely incorrect, the New York Sun reports.

Story Continues Below

Since returning to private life, Powell has devoted much of his time to the Colin Powell Policy Center at the City College of New York, his alma mater.

A number of Powell’s old colleagues have already gone on the record voicing their concerns about the war in Iraq.

On April 2, the former general in charge of central command, Anthony Zinni, called on Rumsfeld to resign because of a "series of disastrous mistakes."

Former Lt. General Greg Newbold, who resigned from the military in 2002 in large part due to his opposition to the Iraq war, writes in this week’s issue of Time magazine that the conflict is "an unnecessary war” and calls for, "as a first step, replacing Rumsfeld and many others unwilling to change their approach.”

In mid-March, a third retired general, Paul Eaton – who was in charge of training Iraqi troops – wrote an op-ed piece for the New York Times also calling on Rumsfeld to resign.

The neoconservative Weekly Standard first called on Rumsfeld to step aside in 2005 because of his decision to run the occupation of Iraq with what the Standard maintains were too few troops.

But Thomas Donnelly, a Defense expert at the American Enterprise Institute, said on Monday that Rumsfeld is not likely to resign.

"I think Rumsfeld has a constituency of one, but that one happens to be the president," he said. "I don't sense at all that the White House is feeling any pressure to make a change."

All League
    Tucker:

I think if you talked to most people who voted for Obama, they are not happy with his Afghanistan strategy.

If we're going to leave, just leave now. If we see some camps pop up in the future through our vast intelligence network, then we can strike.

And as for PlumberKhan's point, this should not be made a political issue. It's crap to criticize Obama for the way he handles these two wars without criticizing his predecessor.

Just be fair, Tucker.

All Pro
    Krauthammer??!!
    LMFAO!! He still thinks that Iraq was a threat to us with their "WMDs" and that Saddam Hussein had a connection to Al Queda.

Please, the guy is a Neo-con joke who was a cheerleader for the disaster in Iraq that we are stuck paying for the next century.