Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New stadium thread locked again?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

New stadium thread locked again?

Come on mods - it was reinstated yesterday and good info was posted without incident....as said previously many posters find that thread very valuable and the main reason to check in here aily....please open up...again!

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BrowningNagle View Post
    Come on mods - it was reinstated yesterday and good info was posted without incident....as said previously many posters find that thread very valuable and the main reason to check in here aily....please open up...again!
    I don't understand. I didn't see anything inflammatory in there since it was re-opened.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Will Trader Jay find out that SAR 1 and SAR 2 are the same person?
    Will SG3 Finally get the necessary help?
    Will 349x12/6-256(X*Y) or whatever be allowed back home?
    Tune in tomorrow for another episode of....................As the Thread Turns.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    This feels like work - if you perma-ban sg3 and that 349 person, you'd fix at least 80% of the issues with a tiny amount of effort.

Let's get 'er done and get back to obsessing over the new stadium!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    The Boss shut it down, he felt it had run its course, you can discuss current stadium issues in new threads.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think I can summarize about 80% of the ticket thread content;

Official New stadium ticket thread content summary;

1. Your a doody head
    2. No your a doody head
    3. I am not doody head
    4. Doody head says what?
    5. What?
    6. Ha! you see I proved your a doody head
    7. No you didn't
    8. Yes I did.

End of summary.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think it's fine to remove the sticky status but let the posters of JI decide if it stays on the front page.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Conspiracy theory: Woody Johnson shut it down.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    The Boss shut it down, he felt it had run its course, you can discuss current stadium issues in new threads.
    With all due respect - thats not a great idea - there was a ton of info in that thread that I have used as recent as last home game...it certainly has not run its course...its really nice to have everything in one place rather than looking through multiple threads each week re parking, tickets, etc.

Your members have made it clear they want the thread back - why lock it? At least unlock it - you dont have to sticky it but dont kill it...makes no sense...please reconsider

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jman21 View Post
    I think it's fine to remove the sticky status but let the posters of JI decide if it stays on the front page.
    Exactly

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BrowningNagle View Post
    With all due respect - thats not a great idea - there was a ton of info in that thread that I have used as recent as last home game...it certainly has not run its course...its really nice to have everything in one place rather than looking through multiple threads each week re parking, tickets, etc.

Your members have made it clear they want the thread back - why lock it? At least unlock it - you dont have to sticky it but dont kill it...makes no sense...please reconsider
    Everything comes down to money. My guess is they'll need to see hits to the site decrease before they'd open the thread back up. I'll only hit JI to check in every day or two to see if the thread is open again. That should decrease hits 20-30 times a day from me alone.

Multiply 20-30 by people that want the thread open and maybe that'll be enough. Attica!
    Last edited by Mike135; 10-01-2010 at 12:07 PM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike135 View Post
    Everything comes down to money. My guess is they'll need to see hits to the site decrease before they'd open the thread back up. I'll only hit JI to check in every day or two to see if the thread is open again. That should decrease hits 20-30 times a day from me alone.

Multiply 20-30 by people that want the thread open and maybe that'll be enough. Attica!
    I have to admit...without that thread, I will rarely check in during the week....I assume there are many others.

Just doesnt make sense to lock a 2,000+ post thread on info on our new stadium.....

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Especially given the fact that the stadium is most definetly not sold out. The Jets admit there are "great seats" still available. Even if they are admitting there are only clubs left, with seats still for sale, that thread has a lot to offer.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Agreed. I found this site because of that thread, and prolly half my posts were on that thread. This is a sad day.

Bad job by JI.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    bring it back or don't bring it back.... sooth's decision

while the mods are deciding, could they make a decision about why lorwood continues to attack me and others and calling for bans in every post he makes on this forum.

you won't ever see me respond directly to anything he posts but I'd appreciate if he stopped with his personal attacks

Thank you

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think this is a real shame.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by babyknight View Post
    I think this is a real shame.
    Sorry I abandoned you in 215

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have to agree. The stadium is brand spanking new and all season we are finding out some new info on the stadium plus info with the Jets FO offers and promotions.I would agree next season would be the time it ran its course but this stadium is brand new and I was enjoying the feedback and experiences from different posters.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    it's unlocked

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    bring it back or don't bring it back.... sooth's decision

while the mods are deciding, could they make a decision about why lorwood continues to attack me and others and calling for bans in every post he makes on this forum.

you won't ever see me respond directly to anything he posts but I'd appreciate if he stopped with his personal attacks

Thank you
    Grow some thicker skin. It's just a message board.