Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Because Only Republican Presidents Do Bad Things

JetsInsider.com Legend

Because Only Republican Presidents Do Bad Things

Guess ol' Harry T. was trying to one-up the ethnic camps of his predecessor:

Wonder where this ranks up against waterboarding suspected terrorists?

U.S. Government Apologizes for 1940s STD Testing on Guatemalans

The U.S. government apologized Friday for "unethical" and "reprehensible" research conducted in Guatemala more than 60 years ago, after a professor documented how U.S. scientists intentionally infected people in the country with sexually transmitted diseases.

Susan Reverby, a women's studies professor at Wellesley College, published a paper detailing the joint research program between the U.S. and Guatemalan governments. From 1946-1948, doctors enabled men in prison to be infected with syphilis by allowing prostitutes carrying the disease to visit them. From there, they studied inoculation techniques. The tests, which also involved mental hospital patients, involved nearly 700 subjects, according to the study.

Without detailing the nature of the research, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius issued a joint statement apologizing for the program. They said they would launch an investigation into the "specifics" of the study.

"The sexually transmitted disease inoculation study conducted from 1946-1948 in Guatemala was clearly unethical," they said. "Although these events occurred more than 64 years ago, we are outraged that such reprehensible research could have occurred under the guise of public health.

"We deeply regret that it happened, and we apologize to all the individuals who were affected by such abhorrent research practices," they said. The conduct exhibited during the study does not represent the values of the United States, or our commitment to human dignity and great respect for the people of Guatemala."

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

This administration has surpassed being a sorry joke to become an abject embarrassment.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Yeah we have a great chance of moving forward in this country as long as we keep going back decades and arguing about Ds and Rs.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post
    Yeah we have a great chance of moving forward in this country as long as we keep going back decades and arguing about Ds and Rs.
    Quote Originally Posted by President Obama
    I inherited...
    My predecessor...
    The previous administration....
    I inherited...
    My predecessor...
    I inherited...
    My predecessor...
    I inherited...
    My predecessor...
    You are SO right FF2, as usual.

((By the way, not arguing D vs. R here, just pointing out for our resident Conspiracy Theorists, that for every "Bush was behind 9/11, Republicans Killed Pat Tillman" theory, there is a long-past news report of the paragons of the Democrat party doing much worse, except actually doing it.))

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post
    always playin' da race card is always a good way to move forward...

At another point, he (obama) told Democrats upset at a perceived lack of progress to think of the patience of onetime slaves. "You know, the slaves sitting around a fire singing freedom songs, they weren't sure when slavery would end, but they understood it was going to end," he said.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2907795_2.html

All League
    "they put the car in the ditch, why would you give em back da keys"???

what a loser

All Pro
    (D) apologizing for (D) abuses - what's the motivation?

What I want to know was if the syphilis was transmitted via
    hot, nourishing plates of oatmeal.

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post

... our resident Conspiracy Theorists, that for every "Bush was behind 9/11, Republicans Killed Pat Tillman" theory...

Who said either of these things?

I admit I have said that President Bush started the Iraq war to benefit our petroleum and military industries but I never said or thought he had anything to do with Pat Tillman’s death or 9/11.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Who said either of these things?
    The Search Button is your friend (as is the archive). No shortage of "Bush was Behind 9/11" claimants.

You're not the only Lib here you know Buster.

And really, is "Bush started the War for his Oil Friends" any less crazy? I'd say no, but hey, I'm sure to you, the proof...is out there!

EDIT: It's telling, btw, that in reply to this thread, you defend current-era Conspiracy Hounds, and make not a single denouncement of the events carried out by the Democrat Administration. Very telling. I assure you, if a day comes that the Administration (R) comes out and apologizes for starting a "War for Oil" under a Republican President (Bush/R), the first words out of my mouth will be "God damn mother****er!".
    Last edited by Warfish; 10-01-2010 at 03:33 PM.

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    The Search Button is your friend (as is the archive). No shortage of "Bush was Behind 9/11" claimants.

You're not the only Lib here you know Buster.

And really, is "Bush started the War for his Oil Friends" any less crazy? I'd say no, but hey, I'm sure to you, the proof...is out there!

EDIT: It's telling, btw, that in reply to this thread, you defend current-era Conspiracy Hounds, and make not a single denouncement of the events carried out by the Democrat Administration. Very telling. I assure you, if a day comes that the Administration (R) comes out and apologizes for starting a "War for Oil" under a Republican President (Bush/R), the first words out of my mouth will be "God damn mother****er!".

Democrat or Republican the above mentioned Guatemala testing, slavery, Jim Crow, Japanese internment of WWII, conquest/treatment of the native Americans, the Tuskegee syphilis experiment were all reprehensible acts carried out in the name of the American people. As citizens of a democratic republic we should all feel embarrassed/outraged for what our forefathers did to these people.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    In other prisons, they are subjected to nightly seshual assaluts in thier bungoles...yet here we served these test subjects tasty prostitites from the slums... most poor Guatamalanas couldnt even afford a prostitute.

And we apologize?

I think not. Not in MY America.

All Pro
    "Because Only Republican Presidents Do Bad Things"

Who is making that claim?

"They said they would launch an investigation into the "specifics" of the study."

Finally, my tax dollars will be spent on something useful.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Please read Bush and news statements from 2000-2008 and let me know how many times he owned up to anything or was it all Clinton's fault?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by parafly View Post
    "Because Only Republican Presidents Do Bad Things"

Who is making that claim?
    Ah, another who'd rather take issue with a sarcastic thread-title, rather than the issue.

Hall Of Fame
    Everyone knows Republicans are evil and Democrats are good. Republicans are rich and Democrats are poor. Republicans are smart enough to get rich and Democrats need a government plan to put a meal on the table.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    Everyone knows Republicans are evil and Democrats are good. Republicans are rich and Democrats are poor. Republicans are smart enough to get rich and Democrats need a government plan to put a meal on the table.
    Actually, Democrats do very well fiscally.

And last I checked, the sterotype was "democrats smart, educated, republicans, dumb hick rednecks".

Has that changed recently?

And so I guss you have no view on the OP either, eh?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ribtoe View Post
    Please read Bush and news statements from 2000-2008 and let me know how many times he owned up to anything or was it all Clinton's fault?
    wait- i thought you all voted for Change You Can Believe In??? Not doing business as usual???

now you are reduced to justifying the brilliant obama by comparing him to the retarded Bush??? lol...
    Last edited by Come Back to NY; 10-01-2010 at 04:06 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Actually, Democrats do very well fiscally.

And last I checked, the sterotype was "democrats smart, educated, republicans, dumb hick rednecks".

Has that changed recently?

And so I guss you have no view on the OP either, eh?
    Maybe it's an age thing. Republicans were Rich, Ivy league educated, Smart and evil and Democrats were salt of the earth Union workers who were always under the foot of the man, the man being the Republican who created the business that created the job that created the need to Unionize.

You're probably right things have flip flopped.

Undrafted Free Agent
    In other words, IOKIYAR