Thread: Same Old Jets make this a nail biter, but Rex's Jets roll

Jets Insider VIP

Same Old Jets make this a nail biter, but Rex's Jets roll

In a poorly planned offensive game where the Jets made many mistakes, they lost by only 1 point to a strong AFC contender in the Baltimore Ravens.

In the two games since, they've handed two teams their only losses of the season. If you take away the Jets games, the Pats and Dolphins are a combined 4-0.

Bottom line - This is an excellent Jets team. In years past I'd worry that they'd go conservative and give Buffalo hope by playing a "managed game." But I think Rex will have none of that. He's already seen the result when the Jets handcuff Sanchez and play not to lose. I think we come out swinging tomorrow, Rex puts his foot on the accelerator, and the Jets steamroll the Bills.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Never a better assessment written I hope to be doing yard work say by 2ish with the game in hand

[QUOTE=jetstream23;3762236]In a poorly planned offensive game where the Jets made many mistakes, they lost by only 1 point to a strong AFC contender in the Baltimore Ravens.

In the two games since, they've handed two teams their only losses of the season. If you take away the Jets games, the Pats and Dolphins are a combined 4-0.

Bottom line - This is an excellent Jets team. In years past I'd worry that they'd go conservative and give Buffalo hope by playing a "managed game." But I think Rex will have none of that. He's already seen the result when the Jets handcuff Sanchez and play not to lose. I think we come out swinging tomorrow, Rex puts his foot on the accelerator, and the Jets steamroll the Bills.[/QUOTE]

Part of me says you are correct. You hit the nail on the head with "Rex's Jets roll". We all know the team that Rex (and ONLY Rex) runs. They come out swinging, they take some calculated chances hoping to land a knockout blow early. Then, if he smells blood, he IMMEDIATELY goes in for the kill with any and all plays at his disposal.

My only worry is that maybe Rex has decided to lay off Schotty and let HIM do the job again. I, personally, have no problem with Schotty. I think he's a quite ingenius OC. He's just got too much of his father's blood in him. He gets too conservative because he's running scared that the god awful interception or turnover might happen.

The thing is, even if turnovers do happen today, and lets face the facts, they ARE going to happen. It's inevidable. We should still be able to overcome anything the Bills can throw at us. We are a very good team. The Buffalo Bills are a certain top five pick team. Their team is in a shambles. They have miscast players playing a defense they are not cut out to run. They have a QB carousel going on right now. Their best front 7 players will either be at less than 100% or out altogether.

The only gameplan that I see here is a learning experience. Go in and play aggressively from the opening kickoff. If turnovers happen, be ready for them and be ready to counteract the damage.

If turnovers do not happen, keep playing aggressively. If the Jets can make this a laugher by halftime, DO IT.

except the game starts at 4. are you in kalifornia?

with regard to the threads premise, i remember the first bills game last season. you know the one where the jets scored the go ahead td late in the fourth only for it to be called back because of a holding call on hartsock. they settled for a tie at the end of regulation and then lost in ot. nail biter? it really shouldn't be. they should be able to go out ahead and then coast. but fitzpatrick can run from the qb spot and i'll bet the bills will run a hurry up offense at times. this defense will be vulnerable to both.

the bottom line is that this is an important game because it's in the division and it's a game they should win. great teams win those games.

[QUOTE=Eschwab855;3762267]Never a better assessment written I hope to be doing yard work say by 2ish with the game in hand[/QUOTE]

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;3762236]In a poorly planned offensive game where the Jets made many mistakes, they lost by only 1 point to a strong AFC contender in the Baltimore Ravens.

Bottom line - This is an excellent Jets team. In years past I'd worry that they'd go conservative and give Buffalo hope by playing a "managed game." But I think Rex will have none of that. He's already seen the result when the Jets handcuff Sanchez and play not to lose. I think we come out swinging tomorrow, Rex puts his foot on the accelerator, and the Jets steamroll the Bills.[/QUOTE]

Maybe with the D in tact, but this is a lesser opponent for anyone in the NFL, so we better win.

Veteran
    Anything came happen on any given Sunday however if I was a betting man I would put it all down on the JETS to win today!:yes:

[QUOTE=sameoldjets;3762287]except the game starts at 4. are you in kalifornia?
    [/QUOTE]

Game is at 1pm - better change those afternoon plans if you made any...

Jets Insider VIP
    Ahhh. The weather in WNY is lovely today. Cloudy, rain, cold. Just like living in Mordor.

Hey. We do see the sun 4 or 5 times a year. :yes:

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;3762299]Ahhh. The weather in WNY is lovely today. Cloudy, rain, cold. Just like living in Mordor.

Hey. We do see the sun 4 or 5 times a year. :yes:[/QUOTE]

Most likely will see plenty of Greene today, and lil more of Spiller.

Jets Insider VIP
    I agree that this is a good Jets team, the No. 1 reason being Sanchez playing well.

BUT, as to whether this is a trap game, I'll wait until I see it to say that Rex's Jets won't treat this as a trap game.

Rex's 9-7 Jets had their fair share of clunkers last yr, including the 1st Bills game. So Rex's Jets' aren't immune to crapping the bed against crappy teams.

Jets Insider VIP

agreed1 I resent the doubting thomas' that call this aTRAP game. Not with REX at the throttle!

[QUOTE=jetstream23;3762236]Same Old Jets make this a nail biter, but Rex's Jets roll[/QUOTE]

For the record, "Rex's Jets" results vs. Buffalo last year:

16-13 LOSS
    19-13 WIN

We hardly "rolled" in either game. Buffalo always gives us a hard time and I expect no different today. The Bills hung in with Miami and NE, so they do have some talent. I expect them to come out throwing, knowing our pass rush is weak, Revis is out and Wilson has struggled. I'll be surprised (pleasantly) if we blow them out. More likely is a 3-7 point game that goes down to the wire.

[QUOTE=Eschwab855;3762267]Never a better assessment written I hope to be doing yard work say by 2ish with the game in hand[/QUOTE]

Not to be a pessimist but I suggest a different course of action.

I stopped paying attention to a game we "had in hand" years ago and we lost. It would be better to just not watch it at all rather than watch part, then do something else thinking we have it in hand. I am happy that these JETS come to play football each week, but the memories of losses past wont allow me to start watching, then do something else.

Just go do your yard work. Watching and then stopping tho? Bad juji. The fates will reward you with bad memories and the regrets of not having watched the entire game.

Credit where credit is due, jetstream. You called it.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Toooon;3763417]Credit where credit is due, jetstream. You called it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks dude but it was an easy call. Rex and the Jets are the ones who did it. We're watching a very different type of Jets football these days. Rex is the best thing to happen to this franchise since '97 when Parcells got here.