Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Guess who's coming to town next week?

I hate Favre. I know him sucking was for the better of our franchise, but I still can't get over how 08 ended...I will be booing him.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Jet_Engine1;3763529]Wrong, bro. Remember how Favres agent had to explain WHY they had asked the Jets to release his contract? "He just wanted to retire from the game without anyone having his rights".

The Jets were classy enough to graciously allow his release so he could retire, the thought was so he could sign a one day contract and retire a Packer. The Jets coulda said "No, we're gonna keep you're rights so if you DO want to play we can traded you for something". But they didn't.

They bought into the "Aww, shucks, fellas" crap and released him.

He used the Jets for one year, but no care or emotion into it simply to fudge his way to Minn solely for the reason to "stick it" to Green Bay. WHo cares that he fracked New York and the Jets in the process. Lost your job because of Favre? Oh well, you're nothing so who cares..."whatever happens", right?

Dirtbag redneck.[/QUOTE]

+10000000000

All League
    [QUOTE=GreenGeek;3763465][list][*]Favre is [b]THE[/b] reason that we were able to move beyond Pennington.[*]Favre was pivotal in the meltdown that replaced Mangini with Rex.[*]Favre's "retirement" mandated drafting a franchise QB named Sanchez.[/list]

To me this is not a nemesis.[/QUOTE]

Well said.

The Favre season was painful but it brought only good things to us in hindsight.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Jet_Engine1;3763462]-Brett Favres "Inspirational" pre-game speech before getting knocked outta
    the playoffs by the Pennington-led fins.

The guy played hurt without SAYING ANYTHING in order to preserve his precious "streak" and played like GARBAGE throwing pick after pick. Remember that SEattle game? Pathetic.

Then the whole thing with that SELFISH old **** crying about how the Jets "Made" him play hurt....that he was hurt the "whole season" but the Jets FORCED him to play. Yeah, another class move. The guy is a PUNK.

Then asking the Jets to release him so he could "retire" - a flat out LIE.

I'm glad that signing Favre ultimately led to the Ryan-Sanchez era, but as for Favre? Screw him. I hope he gets DESTROYED and knocked out by the Jets. I hope the Jets have him contemplating retirement and regretting his decision to come back during halftime.[/QUOTE]

grasping for straws...no hard feelings towards favre whatsoever

All League
    [QUOTE=WeskerLogan;3763738]grasping for straws...no hard feelings towards favre whatsoever[/QUOTE]

I guess you like being used. Whatever floats your boat.

[QUOTE=Jet_Engine1;3763741]I guess you like being used. Whatever floats your boat.[/QUOTE]

how exactly were Jets fans "used" by Favre?

he got us to 8-3 when he was healthy. then he got hurt, and everyone from Mangini, to Tannenbaum, to Favre himself decided it was better to go ahead with the injured veteran than break Favre's streak and let Clemens finish the season.

not the ending we all envisioned, but it brought about some much needed change in this franchise, and today we're reaping the rewards.

so really, who the **** cares?

[QUOTE=GreenGeek;3763465][list][*]Favre is [b]THE[/b] reason that we were able to move beyond Pennington.[*]Favre was pivotal in the meltdown that replaced Mangini with Rex.[*]Favre's "retirement" mandated drafting a franchise QB named Sanchez.[/list]

Even better was the deal we made with Green Bay that prevented us from trading him to Minnesota, which he eventually found a way to get there, furthur rubbing salt into the hearts of Packers fans. A side effect of the Farve signing :yes:

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Jet_Engine1;3763741]I guess you like being used. Whatever floats your boat.[/QUOTE]

touche

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    [QUOTE=Warfish;3763492][B]I hate Favre.

I want to destroy him Monday night[/B].[/QUOTE]

[B][SIZE="6"][COLOR="Red"]x 2[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] :steamin::steamin::steamin:

[QUOTE=Jet_Engine1;3763529]Wrong, bro. Remember how Favres agent had to explain WHY they had asked the Jets to release his contract? "He just wanted to retire from the game without anyone having his rights".

The Jets were classy enough to graciously allow his release so he could retire, the thought was so he could sign a one day contract and retire a Packer. The Jets coulda said "No, we're gonna keep you're rights so if you DO want to play we can traded you for something". But they didn't.

He used the Jets for one year, but no care or emotion into it simply to fudge his way to Minn solely for the reason to "stick it" to Green Bay. WHo cares that he fracked New York and the Jets in the process. Lost your job because of Favre? Oh well, you're nothing so who cares..."whatever happens", right?

[B]Dirtbag redneck.[/B][/QUOTE]

Dude, I just about sprayed my monitor with beer on that one :D

[QUOTE=ARodFLKeysJetsFan;3763787][B][SIZE="6"][COLOR="Red"]x 2[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] :steamin::steamin::steamin:[/QUOTE]

[B][SIZE="7"]X4[/SIZE][/B] :steamin:

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

[QUOTE=el_dub80;3763871][B][SIZE="7"]X4[/SIZE][/B] :steamin:[/QUOTE]

[B][SIZE="7"]X8[/SIZE][/B] :steamin:

Practice Squad
    [QUOTE=MCBNY;3763464]The Vikings suck. The Jets will win by 2 touchdowns.[/QUOTE]

I agree - time to make this 40 yr old feel like he's 60. Huge pass rush and we'll be getting picks all night.

Favre took a swipe at one of ours, he said " Sanchez will never be an NFL Quaterback" I think we need send him a message!

All League
    [QUOTE=Rich Caster;3764479]Favre took a swipe at one of ours, he said " Sanchez will never be an NFL Quaterback" I think we need send him a message![/QUOTE]

**** that. Let's "swipe" this clown right out of the NFL. I feel used and abused after he made a quick stop in NY and moved right on with his plan. Let's hit him and hit him hard.

Favre is playing like crap this year. He looks like the December '08 Favre and I'd bet that ankle isn't holding up too well. With that weak WR corps they're fielding we are going to unleash the band of lunatics on him.

[QUOTE=fullblast;3764485]Favre is playing like crap this year. He looks like the December '08 Favre and I'd bet that ankle isn't holding up too well. With that weak WR corps they're fielding we are going to unleash the band of lunatics on him.[/QUOTE]

Vikings have CRAP after Peterson!
    Stop Peterson & who is gonna beat us?
    Shianco? No way
    Berrien? Guys routes stink

Vikings defense will be up for the challenge but the pressure will be eventually too much. I see great field position for our offense.
    Jets special teams have been phenominal! sans the missed kick Sunday.

Favre likes to change plays at the line- I foresee him having some communication problems & throwing some picks.

Veteran

People reall need to get this that hate on Favre. He is the biggest reason why we are where we are today.

Favre is not the reason we are here today as a very good Football team. The reason this change of philosophy came about is Mangini's debacle in 08. He allowed our collapse to happen and as a result he was fired. Let's not forget that at one time he was our hero: The man who replaced Herman Edwards and finally beat the Pats. But now, we look at his era as coach as a complete failure, mostly because of his bad coaching and partly because of Favre's poor play.

i want to see Favre on the ground as many times as possible and I want him throwing to the people in the green and white uniforms, something he couldnt do two years ago.

Hall Of Fame

Dirtbag redneck.[/QUOTE]

Even if that's true (and it probably is), he put things into motion that led us to where we are right now; and for that, I'll always be grateful to him. :D