Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Guess who's coming to town next week?

[QUOTE=GreenGeek;3763465][list][*]Favre is [b]THE[/b] reason that we were able to move beyond Pennington.[*]Favre was pivotal in the meltdown that replaced Mangini with Rex.[*]Favre's "retirement" mandated drafting a franchise QB named Sanchez.[/list]

To me this is not a nemesis.[/QUOTE]

Not a nemesis but a [B][B]Catalyst[/B][/B]......

Veteran
    I actually liked when FAVRE was here because until these last two seasons we almost were never mentioned on ESPN so we received alot more coverage because of him.

He does not bother me as much as everyone else in fact he is an afterthought at this point in time to me.

End the streak, since favre really cares about that , then lets knock him out.

that is the only thing I have against him while he was here, he cared about his personal playing streak than he did about the Jets.

SO END THE STREAK !!!

Banned
    [QUOTE=GreenGeek;3763465][list][*]Favre is [b]THE[/b] reason that we were able to move beyond Pennington.[*]Favre was pivotal in the meltdown that replaced Mangini with Rex.[*]Favre's "retirement" mandated drafting a franchise QB named Sanchez.[/list]

+100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

All Jets fans should kiss this guy's feet. Brett Favre is a Jet hero, not a nemesis. :yes:

All Pro
    We're gonna knock the old man around quite a bit and Revis gets at least 1 pick from the INT King.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    [QUOTE=Jet_Engine1;3763509]See above^

I despise him. I despise his "Awww shucks, A'hm just playin' a game" B.S. personna.

I despise his "Me first, me scond, me only" attitude.

I Despised his lackluster commitment to the Jets when they all but sucked his cock.

I despise the grotesque hype and adoration he gets because "he plays the game like a child". Bull****. He is a self-serving, petulant diva that has won as many superbowls as Trent DIlfer.

I hated him before he was a Jet, I TRIED to like him when he was a Jet but just never bought in, and after the way he played that '08 season and how it ended, and how he lied and threw the Jets under the bus...the way he LIED to the JEts organization to their faces....

I hope the Jets make him re-re-re-re-retire.[/QUOTE]

+1000!!!

In retrospect, it's the best thing that the Jets did in the last decade. If not for Favre we might not have Rex and all present company.

Waterboy
    I give Favre no credit for turning this team around by accidentally ushering in the Ryan Sanchez era. Thats like Patri-rot fans honoring Mo Lewis for bringing them three Super Bowls (and they don't trust me I live in NE). What he did was selfish and disgusting.
    I actually liked him before and when he was here, but getting everyones hopes up just to flush it down the toilet at the end so he can get what he wants??? Thats downright despicable no matter how you slice it.
    And I don't believe for a second that he suddenly became THAT awful because of an injury. He knew the Jets couldn't trade him to Minn even if they wanted to because they would have to send GB 3 first round picks. The only way he gets what he wants is if he plays bad enough to be cut outright. Now, if you want to respect a guy like that thats your business. For me, he deserves nothing less then to end his career in horrific fashion on an underacheiving team with no weapons to throw to, his start streak snapped, and his legacy tarnished even worse then it already has been. If that end happens to come on a cart being wheeled out of New Meadowlands... even better!
    So Jets D, you owe it to your fans to snap this fossil in half and send him to a museum where he belongs! GET SOME!!!!:steamin::steamin:

[QUOTE=AlsToons;3764830]I give Favre no credit for turning this team around by accidentally ushering in the Ryan Sanchez era. Thats like Patri-rot fans honoring Mo Lewis for bringing them three Super Bowls (and they don't trust me I live in NE). What he did was selfish and disgusting.
    I actually liked him before and when he was here, but getting everyones hopes up just to flush it down the toilet at the end so he can get what he wants??? Thats downright despicable no matter how you slice it.
    And I don't believe for a second that he suddenly became THAT awful because of an injury. He knew the Jets couldn't trade him to Minn even if they wanted to because they would have to send GB 3 first round picks. The only way he gets what he wants is if he plays bad enough to be cut outright. Now, if you want to respect a guy like that thats your business. For me, he deserves nothing less then to end his career in horrific fashion on an underacheiving team with no weapons to throw to, his start streak snapped, and his legacy tarnished even worse then it already has been. If that end happens to come on a cart being wheeled out of New Meadowlands... even better!
    So Jets D, you owe it to your fans to snap this fossil in half and send him to a museum where he belongs! GET SOME!!!!:steamin::steamin:[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://i38.tinypic.com/4sbdhw.jpg[/IMG]

All League
    Favre is 1 TD pass away from #500.
    Favre is 74 passing yards away from 70,000.

While I think barring injury the yardage milestone is a foregone conclusion, let's hope they keep him away from the TD mark for another week.

[QUOTE=ChadOwnsBrady;3763501][b]The Jet fans who DON'T despise Favre are absolute fools.[/b]

Cut the "it killed the Mangini era" crap and realize that he didn't do any of that on purpose. Great side effect? Sure, but Favre was worse for us than Pennington and the guy was a scumbag and treated the organization with absolutely no respect. He hated this city and beyond all the extra crap with his prima donna antics, he's just a sleazy sleazy individual.

Warfish is right, rock and roll his brains all over the field.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you sort of....

Except for the 1st sentence. And to that I say :

[img]http://www.steamingblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/30iulae.gif[/img]

You shouldn't call people names just 'cause their opinion is different from your view. If they don't want to wish unending Pain, Suffering, and Death on Favre, that's their perogative. It's not up to you what they do....

(tony dungy says Hi, BTW...)
    Last edited by Vin; 10-04-2010 at 02:20 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=AlsToons;3764830]I give Favre no credit for turning this team around by accidentally ushering in the Ryan Sanchez era. Thats like Patri-rot fans honoring Mo Lewis for bringing them three Super Bowls (and they don't trust me I live in NE). What he did was selfish and disgusting.
    [B]So Jets D, you owe it to your fans[/B] to snap this fossil in half and send him to a museum where he belongs! GET SOME!!!!:steamin::steamin:[/QUOTE]

love the passion but don't speak for all of us...I hope favre doesn't get hurt, I'm a big favre fan..i know it's not "en vogue" these days but oh well...Jets Win 36-20...game is out of hand..favre throws a garbage time TD

As long as we dont badly lose the turnover battle or have a ton of PI penalties I cant see us losing this game.

Dude that is like thanking a drunk driver for breaking your neck which lead to you being hospitlized for 2 years which lead to you being broke and depressed which then lead to you playing the lotto and winning 20 million dollars.