Thread: Three impossible stats

All Pro

Three impossible stats

Before week 1, after a miserable offensive pre-season, which would you say had less probability of being true after 4 weeks?

a) Tomlinson rushing for 350 yards with over a 6.0 ypa average (LT done?... nope)
    b) Dustin Keller leading all TEs with 5 TDs along with 250 yards receiving
    c) Sanchez 8 TDs and 0 INTs

Heck, after week 1 none of these things were POSSIBLE!

Strange times...good times...

All League
    New Jets I tell ya.

[QUOTE=nycdan;3763516]Before week 1, after a miserable offensive pre-season, which would you say had less probability of being true after 4 weeks?

a) Tomlinson rushing for 350 yards with over a 6.0 ypa average (LT done?... nope)
    b) Dustin Keller leading all TEs with 5 TDs along with 250 yards receiving
    c) Sanchez 8 TDs and 0 INTs

Heck, after week 1 none of these things were POSSIBLE!

Strange times...good times...[/QUOTE]

Reverse the order you wrote them, and that's your order of "impossibility" . . .

c a b thats the order

All Pro
    [QUOTE=OCCH;3763522]Reverse the order you wrote them, and that's your order of "impossibility" . . .[/QUOTE]

Pretty much how I saw it. I was saving the most impossible for last on that one. Kind of a dramatic thing...sans the drum roll.

It's like the offensive version of a DWC post come true.

A was a given, LT looked like a beast in the preseason. I expected an improved Sanchez, and felt that people were overreacting to preseason play (Trent Edwards looked awesome in the preseason. ;) ), but he is really playing smart football right now.

For any NFL QB to have zero INT's through four games is highly impressive. For a guy who had 20 the year before, that's staggering. Imagine what it's going to feel like when he actually does throw one. Hopefully there won't be any Sanchez is regressing posts, but that's a longshot.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Santonio;3763555]For any NFL QB to have zero INT's through four games is highly impressive. For a guy who had 20 the year before, that's staggering. Imagine what it's going to feel like when he actually does throw one. Hopefully there won't be any Sanchez is regressing posts, but that's a longshot.[/QUOTE]

When he throws one, you can bet on a few 'bench Suck-chez, bring on Brunnell' threads. Old habits die hard.

[QUOTE=Santonio;3763555]For any NFL QB to have zero INT's through four games is highly impressive. For a guy who had 20 the year before, that's staggering. [B]Imagine what it's going to feel like when he actually does throw one. Hopefully there won't be any Sanchez is regressing posts, but that's a longshot[/B].[/QUOTE]

Schroy will probably say that it's Schotty's fault for taking reps away from Sanchez when Brunell came in to mop up. And start a thread about it.

I'm still baffled by the recent abomination of a post he just threw up.

[QUOTE=OCCH;3763522]Reverse the order you wrote them, and that's your order of "impossibility" . . .[/QUOTE]

I agree. And when you add to it that he threw 9 INTs between two of those teams last year. That was almost half his freaking INTs.

[QUOTE=Santonio;3763555]For any NFL QB to have zero INT's through four games is highly impressive. For a guy who had 20 the year before, that's staggering. Imagine what it's going to feel like when he actually does throw one. Hopefully there won't be any Sanchez is regressing posts, but that's a longshot.[/QUOTE]

That might be the most important stat of all, in the final analysis. His improvement has been nothing short of phenomenal. What sophomore slump?