Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slauson balled out today

Slauson balled out today

He and Brick dominated that left side. Kudos!!!

What is Rex Ryan's total record as Jets coach through this week?

[QUOTE=jayjay;3763592]What is Rex Ryan's total record as Jets coach through this week?[/QUOTE]

14-9 I believe, including last year's playoffs and excluding preseason of course.

All League
    Take it with a grain of salt. It was the University of Buffalo afterall.

All Pro
    Terrific block by Slauson on LT's 2nd TD run. Got downfield and cleared a big hole for LT to gallop through.

Lots of good runs to the left today - and to think people wanted Slauson cut earlier this week. :rolleyes:

All League
    [QUOTE=MCBNY;3763601]Take it with a grain of salt. It was the University of Buffalo afterall.[/QUOTE]

They may not be the Ravens but the Bill's line gets paid too. For every great defensive this team will see they'll also see a horrific one. No penalties, no sacks is a good day for most players in the nfl

[QUOTE=mrcoops;3763611]Terrific block by Slauson on LT's 2nd TD run. Got downfield and cleared a big hole for LT to gallop through.

Lots of good runs to the left today - and to think people wanted Slauson cut earlier this week. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

He's a solid player, good run blocking and I think his pass blocking has been showing more promise

All League
    [QUOTE=FreshBaked 24 7;3763748]They may not be the Ravens but the Bill's line gets paid too. For every great defensive this team will see they'll also see a horrific one. No penalties, no sacks is a good day for most players in the nfl[/QUOTE]

True. I hope his improvement continues.

And Arizona - anchored by Faneca gave up 9 sacks today, just saying.

All League
    [QUOTE=RussianGreen;3764037]And Arizona - anchored by Faneca gave up 9 sacks today, just saying.[/QUOTE]

Ouch

All League
    BALL-A....SHOT-CALLA....Slauson was a beast! :yes:

He was great today. I love the way the Jets ae developing their their young players.

[QUOTE=RussianGreen;3764037]And Arizona - anchored by Faneca gave up 9 sacks today, just saying.[/QUOTE]

Yep, and "Carrie" Rhodes scooped up a fumble and ran it in for a TD. Too bad he gave up like 15 catches for 180 yards to Gates! lol

All Pro
    As a very young and inexperienced player, Slauson is playing very well and he continues to improve each and every week. He looks very promising at this stage in his career, and he is earning a permanent long term starting position as our LG.

All League
    Anyone see Ducasse at RT? I know the time he got was limited but how did he look?

[QUOTE=FreshBaked 24 7;3764199]Anyone see Ducasse at RT? I know the time he got was limited but how did he look?[/QUOTE]
    he did okay

All Pro
    [QUOTE=FreshBaked 24 7;3764199]Anyone see Ducasse at RT? I know the time he got was limited but how did he look?[/QUOTE]

Much better than he looked at OG in preseason, IMHO. On his first play in there - a run - he drove his guy back 10 yards with ease. I think he looks better suited at RT than LG, based on this limited look.

Just telling it like it is RG:yes:

And Jets gave up zero in the last two games.

[QUOTE=Gastineau99;3764187]Yep, and "Carrie" Rhodes scooped up a fumble and ran it in for a TD. Too bad he gave up like 15 catches for 180 yards to Gates! lol[/QUOTE]

Gas...please do give us a Slauson breakdown again...if you can. That was appreciated by me and some others.

Cause Slauson is improving...but some just don't want to give him much credit. And are eager to criticize his mistakes. Even though it's only his 4th career start. Lets see what Slauson and the rest of the OL will look like in 2nd half of season. They can still play even better.

At first glance, I thought the title of this thread was :

[b]Slauson BAILED out today[/b] :P

All League
    Granted it was the LOWLY Bills....I will take my comments of a week or two ago and give kudos to Slauson.

I want to see him succeed as much as he wants to see himself succeed.

I hope he continues to play well.