Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The talent and depth on this team is outstanding, and is being underappreciated...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

The talent and depth on this team is outstanding, and is being underappreciated...

I don't think many here, rival hating fans elsewhere, and the media realize how deep this team is. I'll also add that in addition to the team being very deep, the job of this coaching staff to game plan around injuries, or make in-game adjustements are some of the very best I've ever seen, and especially with the Rex Ryan regime.

It's been said several times....

No Revis, Pace, Jenkins, Holmes, and various other players at stretches. That is 3 TOP players on defense, at every level, DL, LB, and secondary. Our BEST WR...

The job of this team to go 3-1 to start the year, and 3-0 in our division is just outstanding, if not amazing.

Last week we play without Edwards in the first quarter, the offense adjusts its game plan to start, and we score 14 points emphasizing Tomlinson and Keller.

Today, we go into Buffalo, usually a tough place to play, and destroy them, dominating in the ground game.

We lose Eric Smith, our best ST's player, ST's doesn't lose a step.

Brodney Pool doesn't play the first game and a half, in addition to missing Revis the last two games, and working in a rookie CB, and the secondary STILL plays well. Cromartie was DOMINANT today, did Evans even catch a pass?

No Pace? No problem, Jason Taylor steps up, Devito steps up, Gholston, while not making big plays, has actually been pretty solid.

Drew Coleman gets the start today and plays pretty well, this was a Buffalo offense that did put up 30 points IN New England last week, putting up 300 yds of passing offense.

I thought our D struggled last week but mostly due to the heat and humidity, D lost their edge in that second half last week, but they still put it together when they had to. Today, you saw a defense that was FLYING around all over the place.

Pryce is going to be a HUGE pick-up, thank goodness Ellis seems to be ok.

Brad Smith, what a weapon, our wildcat offense has really evolved, and what a dimension he adds to this offense.

Jenkins goes down, man his injury burns me up, he would make this D dominant, but Pouha and Devito are playing VERY well.

Now the offense gets Santonio Holmes back this week. Yikes!!

Pace and Revis back this week...

Each unit has played well, sometimes at varying times, ST's has been golden.

How good is this team?

I was hoping for a 2-2 start with no Holmes and Pace, and then Revis.

I just don't think people here appreciate how deep and how good this team is now, and how good we can be.

I laugh at idiots like Cimini, his prediction was 21-20, "Jets have a little more talent."

Nice call you jackass!!!!!!

Media killing this team, some dumbass fans questioning Tannenbaum and the use of FA and trades, not neccessarily just the draft.

We have a very talented and deep team, to sustain some of the KEY injuries we have, and flourish in the fashion we have...

Just OUTSTANDING!!!!

This team is PRIMED to do something THIS year, I'm not predicting anything, nor am I going to even talk about it.

One game and one week at a time...

What a great start to the year, if we keep our health, or do we need to? The sky is the limit.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice post Ray Ray. I am also very impressed with Rex's in game adjustments and the talent Mike T has brought to this team is incredible. Lets not forget the development of Brad Smith. So many foolish fans wanted him cut. What a player............

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    DWC would have named more of the roster and used 'elite' liberally.:P

Still, I agree Ray, many aren't appreciating just how good this team really is. I think that will change drastically after next Monday.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll take it one step further...

How good was the OL today?

Media and fans, and others ripped the Jets for releasing Faneca, to me, Slauson is improving every game.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetworks;3763636]DWC would have named more of the roster and used 'elite' liberally.:P

Still, I agree Ray, many aren't appreciating just how good this team really is. I think that will change drastically after next Monday.[/QUOTE]

Don't compare me to DWC, I'm not listing every name on the team first and last, nor am I writing this post as if I'm lecturing anybody.

I'm just responding to the negative rhetoric I've heard from the media, and I think that some here don't realize how tremendous this team has been despite missing several elite players.

I'm using "elite" here, because they truly are.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;3763639]I'll take it one step further...

Media and fans, and others ripped the Jets for releasing Faneca, to me, Slauson is improving every game.[/QUOTE]

It was Buffalo. Let's see how they perform against Minnesota's dominant front four, probably the best in the league.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    :applause::applause::applause::applause:

Good post. I was not sold on Slauson AT ALL but he is getting better every week. But all in all, I think you are SPOT ON, Ray

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;3763639]I'll take it one step further...

Media and fans, and others ripped the Jets for releasing Faneca, to me, Slauson is improving every game.[/QUOTE]

I agree with your whole post. I also agree with you about SLAUSON. Its disturbing to me that some fans demand that he be PERFECT or they attack him ! Too bad. The guy is learning and doing a great job. The anti-Slausonites are full of themselves!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Kentucky Jet;3763656]I agree with your whole post. I also agree with you about SLAUSON. Its disturbing to me that some fans demand that he be PERFECT or they attack him ! Too bad. The guy is learning and doing a great job. The anti-Slausonites are full of themselves![/QUOTE]

Go Jets!! Chad, Mr. T and Eric!!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=MCBNY;3763646]It was Buffalo. Let's see how they perform against Minnesota's dominant front four, probably the best in the league.[/QUOTE]

gee how did they do against the RAVENS top rated front 7? we lost by a safety. The OL is coming on with experience. Some guys will never say that SLAUSON is doing a darn good job conswidering his inexperience. BRICK has picked it up a bit too as the OL gaoins experience by playing together!:rolleyes:

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;3763604]I'm not predicting anything, nor am I going to even talk about it.[/quote]

[QUOTE=Ray Ray19;3763604]This team is PRIMED to do something THIS year. The sky is the limit[/quote]

It's ok Ray, the team will not win or lose based on your predictions or lack therof.

It's (alwasy been) pretty clear what you think, prediction wise, even if you're too superstitious to actually say it.

Lets just say we have alot to be pleased about after 4 games here in 2010.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jet_Engine1;3763659]Go Jets!! Chad, Mr. T and Eric!![/QUOTE]

I know that if Slauson makes a bad play down the road, you will reclaim you place as Co-leader of the anti-Slausonites! I guess this new you is just playing both sides against the middle. Can't go wrong that way!:cool: GO JETS!:yes:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The one thing I had been complaining about for a long time now was depth. I was pretty sure they didn't have any. But Rex has got every level playing at a high level and it's made all the difference.

As it appears now, they may one of the deepest teams in the league.

I'm still concerened with how they'll respond against a team like Green bay. That's a really big game for them as they face the team that could very likely be the NFC champions. The last time they faced a team outside of our division in a big game, the cvoaching staff NOT the players flopped.

But all around you would have to be very happy with what has transpired. This team is for real.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mainejet;3763708]The one thing I had been complaining about for a long time now was depth. I was pretty sure they didn't have any. But Rex has got every level playing at a high level and it's made all the difference.

As it appears now, they may one of the deepest teams in the league.

[B]I'm still concerened with how they'll respond against a team like Green bay[/B]. That's a really big game for them as they face the team that could very likely be the NFC champions. The last time they faced a team outside of our division in a big game, the cvoaching staff NOT the players flopped.

But all around you would have to be very happy with what has transpired. This team is for real.[/QUOTE]

green bay hasnt looked that great..glad we are playing them home..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think what you hit on is the word team. All coaches preach teamwork and unity, but so many coaches preach it but rely on the big player (Childress in Minnesota for example) or preach it so much that they strip the players of their individuality (Mangini) that it doesnt always work. Right now there are not alot of stars on the team. Taylor, LT, and Cromartie are basically other teams garbage that nobody wanted. BT, Pouha, DeVito, are not great individual players. Edwards is not in the same class as a guy like Andre Johnson or Reggie Wayne. But Rex makes it all work. He has the guys believing they are all important parts of the machine with no player more important than the other, but at the same time keeps almost every player doing something that brings out the best in his ability. Whether its sending Edwards deep or using Ihedigbo in a blitz, he doesnt try to harp on weak points instead focusing on strong points to bring out the best in every player. And it really works.

This is different than last year. Last year you had an offense and a defense. They did not gel together and at times players were being asked to do things that maybe they were no so good in. That changed in those last four games and I think has shaped Rexs team into what we see right now. Lets hope it keeps up all season.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sorry but you all seem to have forgotten in your giddiness that this team is total fail in 2010 if they don't have Revis playing. This is all fake...like manned moon landings and the Red Sox winning the world series.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=nycdan;3763758]I'm sorry but you all seem to have forgotten in your giddiness that this team is total fail in 2010 if they don't have Revis playing. This is all fake...like manned moon landings and the Red Sox winning the world series.[/QUOTE]

Huh?

I don't understand this post, or what it has to do with this thread, and the point of this thread is that Revis isn't playing right now.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;3764065]Huh?

I don't understand this post, or what it has to do with this thread, and the point of this thread is that Revis isn't playing right now.[/QUOTE]

NYCDAN is mocking the "Revis-ites", mostly Bitonti.

Throughout most of his pro-Revis histrionics, Bit continually stated that the Jets had no chance of winning a Super Bowl without Revis, that a team of "above average guys" was totally inferior to a team with 1 or 2 "once-in-a-generation" guys like P.Manning or D.Revis, coupled with a pile of garbage JAGs everywhere else.

So now, we sit here at 3-1, with a 3-0 division record, and a 2-0 ROAD division record, and what many, MANY people stated during the Revis Holdout has come to fruition:

Darelle Revis' impact on the Jets ability to win a Super Bowl is almost negligible compared to Mark Sanchez's impact.

If Sanchez plays like crap, the Jets have no hope (see: Ravens, game 1 = Jets with mega Putrid offense).

If Sanchez really has learned and matured SIGNIFICANTLY as Rex and Schotty continually preached during the off/pre/season, then the Jets offense will be more than "Ground and Pound", and the Jets will have a Puncher's chance with a "non-#1, Revis-less Defense", with Cromartie and Wilson providing sufficient help in the back-7 to make the Defense good enough to win.

(see: Patriots: game 2, Miami: game 3, Buffalo: game 4 = Jets scoring a minimum of 4 offensive TDs per game, 8 TD passes by Sanchez, with ZERO Ints, ZERO lost fumbles)

So - NycDan agrees with you Ray, he was just poking the Revis-ites at the same time.

Just my interpretation - I could be wrong, but that's what I took from his sly words. :D:cool:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    You got it exactly right. You just took the time to say it in excruciating detail, of which I loved every word and letter.

No doubt Revis will be a critical piece of the team late in the season and (dare I say it) in the playoffs, but he is not now, and will never be, the most important player on this team.

For the Revisites, it's all over but the crying.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ray is right...this team has played with key injuries to Jenkins...Revis...and Pace. And no Holmes. This has caused problems...that the CS has found ways to get around and compensate for these missing.

All the while...Jets are tacking on wins while fixing problems...now that's impressive to me.

I'm also very impressed with this CS. And when you give them back Revis + Pace + Holmes to game plan with...;)