Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Guess who's coming to town next week?

Guess who's coming to town next week?

Our old nemesis by the name of Brett Favre. 8-3 start for the Jets and we were all in heaven by thanksgiving. Than the team took a downward spiral which caused major changes for this organization. can't wait to beat up on the old man and the rest of the Vikings next week.

P.S WE GOT REVIS, PACE and HOLMES coming back!!!!!
    [IMG]http://i2.cdn.turner.com/si/2008/writers/dr_z/10/20/jets/brett-favre.jpg[/IMG]

Don't really have any hard feelings towards Favre. That said, we are primed to beat Minnesota. They had a bye this week? Well, we just had an extra light training session in Buffalo.

No matter happens i believe it will be a close game. The Vikings havent been playing well but they are coming off a bye and they have a ton of talent. hopefully we can keep the momentum going.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    [QUOTE=3_Libras;3763446]Don't really have any hard feelings towards Favre. That said, we are primed to beat Minnesota. They had a bye this week? Well, we just had an extra light training session in Buffalo.[/QUOTE]

Just hope Ellis is O.K. and we need Revis & Pace back on the field for this game.

Time for them to man-up and play football.

All League
    [QUOTE]"I, uh, I love you guys! Now, uhh, lets go out there and uhh, whatever happens, happens"[/QUOTE]

-Brett Favres "Inspirational" pre-game speech before getting knocked outta
    the playoffs by the Pennington-led fins.

The guy played hurt without SAYING ANYTHING in order to preserve his precious "streak" and played like GARBAGE throwing pick after pick. Remember that SEattle game? Pathetic.

Then the whole thing with that SELFISH old **** crying about how the Jets "Made" him play hurt....that he was hurt the "whole season" but the Jets FORCED him to play. Yeah, another class move. The guy is a PUNK.

Then asking the Jets to release him so he could "retire" - a flat out LIE.

I'm glad that signing Favre ultimately led to the Ryan-Sanchez era, but as for Favre? Screw him. I hope he gets DESTROYED and knocked out by the Jets. I hope the Jets have him contemplating retirement and regretting his decision to come back during halftime.

All League
    The Vikings suck. The Jets will win by 2 touchdowns.

Jets Insider VIP
    [list][*]Favre is [b]THE[/b] reason that we were able to move beyond Pennington.[*]Favre was pivotal in the meltdown that replaced Mangini with Rex.[*]Favre's "retirement" mandated drafting a franchise QB named Sanchez.[/list]

To me this is not a nemesis.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    [QUOTE=Jet_Engine1;3763462]
    [B]Then the whole thing with that SELFISH old **** crying about how the Jets "Made" him play hurt....that he was hurt the "whole season" but the Jets FORCED him to play. Yeah, another class move. The guy is a PUNK.

Then asking the Jets to release him so he could "retire" - a flat out LIE. [/B]
    [/QUOTE]

I agree with all of this.

I hope the Jets Defense hits him with everything including the kitchen sink.

[QUOTE=GreenGeek;3763465][list][*]Favre is [b]THE[/b] reason that we were able to move beyond Pennington.[*]Favre was pivotal in the meltdown that replaced Mangini with Rex.[*]Favre's "retirement" mandated drafting a franchise QB named Sanchez.[/list]

To me this is not a nemesis.[/QUOTE]

thank you, GG.

a lot of Jets fans have some seriously misplaced animosity towards Brett Favre.

Favre won't make it through this game. We are going to crush the Vikings

Veteran
    Not a nemesis. He inadvertently shepherded in the new era. I'll always be a Favre fan, but I can't wait for this team to kick his ass next week. It's going to be a good game.

[QUOTE=ubrnostrum;3763487]Not a nemesis. He inadvertently shepherded in the new era. [B]I'll always be a Favre fan, but I can't wait for this team to kick his ass next week.[/B] It's going to be a good game.[/QUOTE]

well said :yes:

I hate Favre.

I want to destroy him Monday.

[QUOTE=ubrnostrum;3763487]Not a nemesis. He inadvertently shepherded in the new era. I'll always be a Favre fan, but I can't wait for this team to kick his ass next week. It's going to be a good game.[/QUOTE]

word

Hated Favre after that season.... and all of the retiring/not retiring crap as well. But if it wasn't for him, Rex might not be the coach, and Sanchez might not be on the team. Thank you Brett.

All Pro
    The Jet fans who DON'T despise Favre are absolute fools.

Cut the "it killed the Mangini era" crap and realize that he didn't do any of that on purpose. Great side effect? Sure, but Favre was worse for us than Pennington and the guy was a scumbag and treated the organization with absolutely no respect. He hated this city and beyond all the extra crap with his prima donna antics, he's just a sleazy sleazy individual.

Warfish is right, rock and roll his brains all over the field.

All League
    only people i care about coming back next week are

[IMG]http://www.jetsgab.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Revis.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.sportsgrumblings.com/football/articles/content_images/CalvinPace415x266.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://media.silive.com/jets/photo/ap-santonio-holmes-jetsjpg-bd1ca47c32ba41f1_large.jpg[/IMG]

All League
    [QUOTE=Warfish;3763492]I hate Favre.

I want to destroy him Monday.[/QUOTE]

See above^

I despise him. I despise his "Awww shucks, A'hm just playin' a game" B.S. personna.

I despise his "Me first, me scond, me only" attitude.

I Despised his lackluster commitment to the Jets when they all but sucked his cock.

I despise the grotesque hype and adoration he gets because "he plays the game like a child". Bull****. He is a self-serving, petulant diva that has won as many superbowls as Trent DIlfer.

I hated him before he was a Jet, I TRIED to like him when he was a Jet but just never bought in, and after the way he played that '08 season and how it ended, and how he lied and threw the Jets under the bus...the way he LIED to the JEts organization to their faces....

I hope the Jets make him re-re-re-re-retire.
    Last edited by Jet_Engine1; 10-03-2010 at 04:57 PM.

[QUOTE=Jet_Engine1;3763462]
    Then asking the Jets to release him so he could "retire" - a flat out LIE.
    [/QUOTE]

I agree with everything you said, except this part is incorrect.

If you'll recall, he retired before FA even began that year, we re-spent his salary going on an ex-Raven shopping spree for Rex, then in April we drafted Sanchez. We didn't actually release him until May. And basically, we had no choice but to release him at that stage, we didn't have the cap room to bring him back should he decide he wanted to play again (Not that we even wanted him back once we drafted Sanchez).

All League
    [QUOTE=Ven0m;3763511]I agree with everything you said, except this part is incorrect.

If you'll recall, he retired before FA even began that year, we re-spent his salary going on an ex-Raven shopping spree for Rex, then in April we drafted Sanchez. We didn't actually release him until May. And basically, we had no choice but to release him at that stage, we didn't have the cap room to bring him back should he decide he wanted to play again (Not that we even wanted him back once we drafted Sanchez).[/QUOTE]

Wrong, bro. Remember how Favres agent had to explain WHY they had asked the Jets to release his contract? "He just wanted to retire from the game without anyone having his rights".

The Jets were classy enough to graciously allow his release so he could retire, the thought was so he could sign a one day contract and retire a Packer. The Jets coulda said "No, we're gonna keep you're rights so if you DO want to play we can traded you for something". But they didn't.

They bought into the "Aww, shucks, fellas" crap and released him.

He used the Jets for one year, but no care or emotion into it simply to fudge his way to Minn solely for the reason to "stick it" to Green Bay. WHo cares that he fracked New York and the Jets in the process. Lost your job because of Favre? Oh well, you're nothing so who cares..."whatever happens", right?

Dirtbag redneck.