Thread: Execution is mostly everything forget the playcallers ...

Execution is mostly everything forget the playcallers ...

it amazes me how many fans on forums for every team when their team doesn't put up points or gives up points call for their coordinators heads. Problem is: there are other variables in place.

A. the play call has to be executed by the players (believe it or not)
    B. the other team plays a role as well where they have to defend it and sometimes they make a play (hey we aren't playing against ourselves
    C. sometimes bad plays are called that work and good plays are called that don't work which is due to execution

Nobody ever gives credit to the other team. If you read the Dolphin forums they lost that game only cause of their OC. The Jets defense didn't stop them one time. It was the Wildcat calls that the OC called that messed up the O. Yet if those Wildcat plays went for 20 yards nobody would say anything. Same goes for the Jets. i guarantee you had that wildcat play in the goal line where Brad Smith threw the TD ... had he made a mistake and thrown in the ball behind keller and the ball bounced around and went for an INT ... the trills would be saying how horrible Schotty is and thats why they want him gone. Honestly sometimes defenders make plays and sometimes offensive players don't ..... playcalls are very important but the players decide the game more often than not. Moral of the story ... its easy to criticize something once you see the results ... let the play callers be ... enough with this "damn you schotty crap" when a run gets stuffed or when a pass is incomplete. any idiot can do that ... support the man and ride with him for better or worst .... if you can't do that you are a troll

I said I wouldn't talk trash about the Brad Smith plays anymore... but quite honestly I don't like seeing him in there on crucial 3rd downs when we have an expensive high draft pick franchise QB.

You'd never see Peyton, Brees, Brady, etc.... sitting on the sidelines or pretending to be a WR in a situation like that. That's my only problem. However, you're right. As long as the play is working you can't really knock it. But the minute it doesn't and it costs us the game you can bet that people will be critical of the call and rightfully so. At least that's my opinion.

not really

terrible playcalling executed correctly wont get you far

[QUOTE=BleednGreen;3763843]not really

terrible playcalling executed correctly wont get you far[/QUOTE]

This too.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=southside;3763840]I said I wouldn't talk trash about the Brad Smith plays anymore... but quite honestly I don't like seeing him in there on crucial 3rd downs when we have an expensive high draft pick franchise QB.

[B]You'd never see Peyton, Brees, Brady, etc[/B].... sitting on the sidelines or pretending to be a WR in a situation like that. That's my only problem. However, you're right. As long as the play is working you can't really knock it. But the minute it doesn't and it costs us the game you can bet that people will be critical of the call and rightfully so. At least that's my opinion.[/QUOTE]
    Not every team has a Brad Smith type player to run the plays he does..

[QUOTE=Savage69;3763854]Not every team has a Brad Smith type player to run the plays he does..[/QUOTE]

While this is true, Brad is very unique. However, I still don't think it changes at all. Edlemen was a QB in college and he's pretty mobile obviously since he's pretty successful as a WR for them right now. They could be running those plays, but honestly I don't think teams with top QBs run those plays. Just my opinion.