Thread: How bout all of the schmuck beat writers that said LT looked old & slow in Trng camp?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Post Thanks / Like

How bout all of the schmuck beat writers that said LT looked old & slow in Trng camp?

It just goes to show you how much these doom & gloom NFL analysts & beat writers do not their a$s from their elbows.

There were many, many pessimists where LT was concerned prior to the start of the season, both local & national NFL beat writers and analysts saying that LT looked old & slow & showed no burst.

LT is a shining example of how much people that write about football for a living actually know - not a whole hell of alot obviously.

Great game Ladanian, keep those 31 year old legs churning & keep that fire burning!!!

[B][SIZE="6"][COLOR="DarkGreen"]J E T S JETS JETS JETS!!!![/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Please give our [B]team[/B] beat writers some credit. To a man (and McManus), they all told it like it was: he was showing a surprising amount of burst.

To all the national NFL "beat" writers who did not watch a snap of Jets camp and wrote all those articles, I agree completely.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    More proof that the talking heads don't know WTF they're talking about. They look at everything on the surface and don't consider underlying factors.

LT + 31 years old + decreasing YPC = all I need to know to mail in another uninspired article.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    From what I remember, at least.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Schmucks are the worst

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I dunno what reports you were reading, but everything I read all preseason was about how GOOD LT looked.

Now, what they said about how he looked last year in SD? I saw the same thing, and the numbers dictated standard post 30 decline for an RB. The real genius here is Tanny/Rex. They saw the tape, and saw past the numbers and naysayers. They realized what LT could do with THIS O-Line and went full court press to woo him over here :D

They lookin real good now for that.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I told you the truth, you should've listened to my reports and ignored the
    moronic media.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=KRL;3763898]I told you the truth, you should've listened to my reports and ignored the
    moronic media.[/QUOTE]

Yes you did sir.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Since mini camps started the media was gushing over Tomlinson.

If you want to say the questioned the move in the off season, you would be right.

But Tomlinson came to camp in his Dougie Shoes, and everyone gave him his credit from that point on.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=MadCroatian;3763835][B]I dunno what reports you were reading, but everything I read all preseason was about how GOOD LT looked.[/B]
    [/QUOTE]

You know it never fails.

[B]Everytime I post something I know to be true, somebody just like you comes along to contradict me.[/B]

Here you go sport and it didn't take long for me to dig up & yes it is even from a local paper, imagine that.

[URL="http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/face_facts_jets_ladainian_is_pretty_qxy5KHbjF4z2bgyOcurpAO"]http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/face_facts_jets_ladainian_is_pretty_qxy5KHbjF4z2bgyOcurpAO[/URL]

This is just one and there were alot more. Now, you want to contradict me some more?

:rolleyes: By the way, good call there Bart Hubbuch. :shakeass:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    At least half the people on this forum said the same thing.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Beerfish;3763944]At least half the people on this forum said the same thing.[/QUOTE]

Thank you Beerfish.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ARodFLKeysJetsFan;3763813]It just goes to show you how much these doom & gloom NFL analysts & beat writers do not their a$s from their elbows.

There were many, many pessimists where LT was concerned prior to the start of the season, both local & national NFL beat writers and analysts saying that LT looked old & slow & showed no burst.

LT is a shining example of how much people that write about football for a living actually know - not a whole hell of alot obviously.

Great game Ladanian, keep those 31 year old legs churning & keep that fire burning!!!

[B][SIZE="6"][COLOR="DarkGreen"]J E T S JETS JETS JETS!!!![/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/QUOTE]

AROD: The writers were not the only people that said that! We had many Jets fans on this board say the exact same thing and were utterly opposed to signing the old, washed up rb. They agrued till they were blue in the face. Noww they seem to be very quiet wouln't you say AROD! GO JETS!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ARodFLKeysJetsFan;3763918]You know it never fails.

[B]Everytime I post something I know to be true, somebody just like you comes along to contradict me.[/B]

Here you go sport and it didn't take long for me to dig up & yes it is even from a local paper, imagine that.

[URL="http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/face_facts_jets_ladainian_is_pretty_qxy5KHbjF4z2bgyOcurpAO"]http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/face_facts_jets_ladainian_is_pretty_qxy5KHbjF4z2bgyOcurpAO[/URL]

This is just one and there were alot more. Now, you want to contradict me some more?

:rolleyes: By the way, good call there Bart Hubbuch. :shakeass:[/QUOTE]

Is that article during training camp or mini camps?

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ARodFLKeysJetsFan;3763918]You know it never fails.

:rolleyes: By the way, good call there Bart Hubbuch. :shakeass:[/QUOTE]

This Barf Hubbuch guy is a joke, and seems to only write nothing but negative articles about the Jets. Exactly, great call on calling LT washed up after mini camps in June lol. Seriously how do these idiots still keep their jobs :steamin:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Play Like A Jet;3763996]This Barf Hubbuch guy is a joke, and seems to only write nothing but negative articles about the Jets. Exactly, great call on calling LT washed up after mini camps in June lol. Seriously how do these idiots still keep their jobs :steamin:[/QUOTE]

Perhaps they cater to some of the negative Nacy's we have on these boards. Just as many fans here said that LT was done; Slauson sucked; Folk was a disaster: Weatherford was NG; Ellis was old; CRO was a waste of time; and on and on. Now they are somewhat silent. But if LT or Slauson makes an error, they will be back in all their regal splendor! :O:O