Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A start? Joe McKnight?

Veteran
    [QUOTE=JetOrange;3764537]I think it may be important, because I have a concern about LT getting a few too many carries, it is a long season.[/QUOTE]

I think the work load may start to even out now the Greene showed he can carry the ball in the rain without fumbling. I'm sure the CS has been considering that possibility and want him healthy for the playoffs.

All Pro
    who cares about Joe McKnight. really. He sucks, and until he proves otherwise its an issue "non-importanté".

RBs don't need to be groomed. You either got it, or you don't.

[QUOTE=Paradis;3764592]who cares about Joe McKnight. really. He sucks, and until he proves otherwise its an issue "non-importanté".

RBs don't need to be groomed. You either got it, or you don't.[/QUOTE]

What!? I'd agree for a few that's true, but the smaller backs, especially mid to late round draft picks, do have to be groomed

Of the 12 running backs who had more than 5,000 yards rushing, and drafted after the 2nd round, only 3 had more than 500 yards in their first season. Guys like Westbrook, Ahman Greene, and Dorsey Levens needed to learn before becoming a better back.

That doesn't even count guys like Tiki who were drafted in the 2nd round. 4th round RBs aren't expected to do a whole lot the first season, I would like to see him incorporated into the return game. But, the expectations on him are outright bizarre.

All Pro
    You don't need to find the 5 or 6 different exceptions to the rule. The dude was supposed to help out with atleast something on STs. He was supposed to be a 3rd down back. Yet he can't catch, he can't cut, he can't run, he can't block. He's useless until he shows us something. He's not even thread worthy.

[QUOTE=Batmans A Scientist;3764512]THe amount expected out of McKnight is a bit bizarre. Do you know how many rookie RBs drafted in the middle of the draft (Round 3 - 5) had 100 carries last year?

Shonn Greene.

Do you know how many had 100+ Yards last year?

Shonn Greene
    Glen Coffee (Retired)
    Javon Ringer

Of the 24 RBs drafted in rounds 3-5 since 2007 only 8 have 500+ rushing yards for their career.
    I get that McKnight is supposed to be dynamic, but wow. he expectations on him are inexplicably high for a 4th round pick.[/QUOTE]

That's a quality bunch of reality, but I'm happy to keep the bar high for McKnight because to date he has been an underperformer. The talent is there, fix some stupid, and teach him to be a fighter and we could have an excellent 3rd RB for the cold months.