Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Its all peachy now but what are your concerns going into next monday and moving on?

Its all peachy now but what are your concerns going into next monday and moving on?

Mine

- the secondary ... still needs to tweak some of those things up. I know Kyle Wilson is a rookie and he'll take his lumps but he needs to show progress and development within the next few weeks due to the schedule. Its going to get only harder for the rook ... Green bay, Houston, chicago New England again ...

- weak arm tackling ... jets didn't do this at all last year maybe because they knew they couldn't afford to do it cause their offense was much weaker but they can't get lazy ...

- the overload blitzes. i don't mind them if you are actually getting pressure. doesn't matter to me if u even hit the QB but at least make them roll out the pocket. completions like that i can take but sitting back and just throwing gives the secondary ZERO chance. Also leaving Kyle Wilson a rookie 1 on 1 every single time isn't the smart thing to do. provide him at least a little backside help ... pause

- you people are going to think i'm stupid for this but there have been times this year where Sanchez has thrown a TD to keller when somebody else was either just as open. The touchdown against the Pats is the best example he actually goes and throws it to the opposite side of the field in a goal line situation which worked for a TD but on his side there was a player WIDE open with no defender near him. it lets me think he's just looking off and really set on who he's throwing the ball to rather than actually reading what he has. he did that today too. he's making reads don't get me wrong but when somebody is open in this league you throw it to them you just don't have a target in ya head and throw there. that worries me ... if we play a top notch secondary who picks up on this it could mean disaster ... just my take ...

what are your concerns or areas you think this team needs to improve on?

All League
    we're home next week.. white shirts or green?:rolleyes:

otherwise, i'm good bra...

[QUOTE=LadainianIMnotDONE;3763837]

- you people are going to think i'm stupid for this

[/QUOTE]

Yep.

Dude, Enjoy the win.

Do you think we ARE THE ONLY NFL TEAM with concerns in the secondary?

Look at the Mighty COLTS today.

Ask yourself this next time....

"Despite my concerns...are we winning?"
    If we were 1-3, then all the negativity would make sense.

All League
    I just want Revis' hammy injury not to linger. I hope he comes back nicely against the Vikings.

All League
    My concerns for next Monday? Will I fall asleep in the 3rd qtr?
    [FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="7"]
    I HATE MNF[/SIZE][/FONT]

Jets Insider VIP
    you people are going to think i'm stupid for this

can't figure why

the Jets just crushed another division opponent, went to 3-1, are in first place in thd division, have a 3-0 division record (vs 2-4 last season) have a quarterback that just might be ranked in the top 3 in the NFL after this week (when Peyton lost, Brees struggled and Brady is going to get plastered in Miami...

and have our best receiver returning next week and possibly our best defensive player and a top pass rusher....

and you're here with your "joe benigno consoins" about next week

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Allen, Peterson .

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=tedtedthefootballhead;3763858]My concerns for next Monday? Will I fall asleep in the 3rd qtr?
    [FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="7"]
    I HATE MNF[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

Amphetamines, brah....

All League
    Moronic thread, typical SOJF crap

[QUOTE=LadainianIMnotDONE;3763837]Mine

- the secondary ... still needs to tweak some of those things up. I know Kyle Wilson is a rookie and he'll take his lumps but he needs to show progress and development within the next few weeks due to the schedule. Its going to get only harder for the rook ... Green bay, Houston, chicago New England again ...

- weak arm tackling ... jets didn't do this at all last year maybe because they knew they couldn't afford to do it cause their offense was much weaker but they can't get lazy ...

- the overload blitzes. i don't mind them if you are actually getting pressure. doesn't matter to me if u even hit the QB but at least make them roll out the pocket. completions like that i can take but sitting back and just throwing gives the secondary ZERO chance. Also leaving Kyle Wilson a rookie 1 on 1 every single time isn't the smart thing to do. provide him at least a little backside help ... pause

- [B]you people are going to think i'm stupid[/B] for this but there have been times this year where Sanchez has thrown a TD to keller when somebody else was either just as open. The touchdown against the Pats is the best example he actually goes and throws it to the opposite side of the field in a goal line situation which worked for a TD but on his side there was a player WIDE open with no defender near him. it lets me think he's just looking off and really set on who he's throwing the ball to rather than actually reading what he has. he did that today too. he's making reads don't get me wrong but when somebody is open in this league you throw it to them you just don't have a target in ya head and throw there. that worries me ... if we play a top notch secondary who picks up on this it could mean disaster ... just my take ...

what are your concerns or areas you think this team needs to improve on?[/QUOTE]

what do you mean YOU PEOPLE??? :steamin::steamin:

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    [QUOTE=sg3;3763876]you people are going to think i'm stupid for this

can't figure why

the Jets just crushed another division opponent, went to 3-1, are in first place in thd division, have a 3-0 division record (vs 2-4 last season) have a quarterback that just might be ranked in the top 3 in the NFL after this week (when Peyton lost, Brees struggled and Brady is going to get plastered in Miami...

and have our best receiver returning next week and possibly our best defensive player and a top pass rusher....

and you're here with your "joe benigno consoins" about next week[/QUOTE]

Can you explain? What are your concerns? none?:)

Jets Insider VIP
    I'm concerned that there are still way too many chicken little SOJF hanging around all gloomy, anxious and worried about just about everything

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=sg3;3763903]I'm concerned that there are still way too many chicken little SOJF hanging around all gloomy, anxious and worried about just about everything[/QUOTE]

But fans don't play, nothing concerns you about Minni?

Schluberator & Gadfly
    My question is, when you don't work for the organization, then wtf are you worried about next week for on sunday night after a victory? Enjoy this, and get your panties in a bunch tomorrow!!!!!!

btw, SOJ would've laid an egg in Buffalo. We have something special here. :yes:

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Just hope we have Pace, Revis & Ellis all playing and healthy.

[QUOTE=sg3;3763876]Brady is going to get plastered in Miami...[/QUOTE]

Someone tell him not to drive. I'd hate for him to be sequestered to sit the game out.

[QUOTE=LadainianIMnotDONE;3763837]
    - you people are going to think i'm stupid for this but there have been times this year where Sanchez has thrown a TD to keller when somebody else was either just as open. The touchdown against the Pats is the best example he actually goes and throws it to the opposite side of the field in a goal line situation which worked for a TD but on his side there was a player WIDE open with no defender near him. it lets me think he's just looking off and really set on who he's throwing the ball to rather than actually reading what he has. he did that today too. he's making reads don't get me wrong but when somebody is open in this league you throw it to them you just don't have a target in ya head and throw there. that worries me ... if we play a top notch secondary who picks up on this it could mean disaster ... just my take ...
    [/QUOTE]

On the play you're talking about, Sanchez opted not to throw the ball to an offensive lineman, #78-Wayne Turner. He was eligible on the play, but still....he's an O-lineman. Wide open O-lineman or poorly covered TE?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=chesapeakejet;3763960]My question is, when you don't work for the organization, then wtf are you worried about next week for on sunday night after a victory? Enjoy this, and get your panties in a bunch tomorrow!!!!!!

btw, SOJ would've laid an egg in Buffalo. We have something special here. :yes:[/QUOTE]
    We just might.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

... shard of glass in my pee-hole ...

l_j_r

[QUOTE=MCBNY;3763850]I just want Revis' hammy injury not to linger. I hope he comes back nicely against the Vikings.[/QUOTE]

This is my biggest concern. This is not the type of QB to come back against if your hammy is not totally healed. Old man or not, Favre has never seen a pass that he didn't want to throw (which is why he throws so many INTs). The guy is a born gunslinger.

Don't get me wrong. I don't fear him. In fact, I hope he comes in pass happy if Revis is healthy. However, if you are a corner with a suspect hammy playing against a QB with Favre's mentality you are going to quickly exposed. It will be a track meet. If healthy, I expect to see Revis racing past Favre a couple of times.