Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Its all peachy now but what are your concerns going into next monday and moving on?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=LadainianIMnotDONE;3763837]Mine

- the secondary ... still needs to tweak some of those things up. I know Kyle Wilson is a rookie and he'll take his lumps but he needs to show progress and development within the next few weeks due to the schedule. Its going to get only harder for the rook ... Green bay, Houston, chicago New England again ...

- weak arm tackling ... jets didn't do this at all last year maybe because they knew they couldn't afford to do it cause their offense was much weaker but they can't get lazy ...

- the overload blitzes. i don't mind them if you are actually getting pressure. doesn't matter to me if u even hit the QB but at least make them roll out the pocket. completions like that i can take but sitting back and just throwing gives the secondary ZERO chance. Also leaving Kyle Wilson a rookie 1 on 1 every single time isn't the smart thing to do. provide him at least a little backside help ... pause

- you people are going to think i'm stupid for this but there have been times this year where Sanchez has thrown a TD to keller when somebody else was either just as open. [B]The touchdown against the Pats is the best example he actually goes and throws it to the opposite side of the field in a goal line situation which worked for a TD but on his side there was a player WIDE open with no defender near him. [/B]it lets me think he's just looking off and really set on who he's throwing the ball to rather than actually reading what he has. he did that today too. he's making reads don't get me wrong but when somebody is open in this league you throw it to them you just don't have a target in ya head and throw there. that worries me ... if we play a top notch secondary who picks up on this it could mean disaster ... just my take ...

what are your concerns or areas you think this team needs to improve on?[/QUOTE]

I believe the guy who was wide open on that keller TD against the Pats was Wayne Hunter. Sanchez made the right move coming back to Keller rather than throw to a guy who's not used to catching passes.

My biggest concern is the pass rush. Hopefully Pace can provide a spark. Second biggest concern is the secondary. I expect they'll get their act together though.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Secondary Coverage: Pool and Leonhard can be thrown at. Pool is not great in coverage, and Leonhard is too small. Not to mentioned Pool is often injured, and that doesn't bode well for the future.

Health: Can the team stay relatively healthy? Ellis went down today, doesn't look too serious. Hopefully Pace and Revis can comeback, contribute and not get hurt again.

Pressure: Getting Pace back will help, but as evident by last season this defense can't really generate a 4 man rush. Hopefully Pace and Taylor at 100% can change this.

Running Game: If the running game stays on track, that would be a huge bonus to the offense. Shonn Greene has placed an emphasis on keeping the ball this season, but he has looked hesitant. Today he had his first breakout game, and hopefully now we see the Shonn Greene we saw in the playoffs last year. LT, what can you say about him? Just spectacular with a 6.1 YPC, but can he keep it up? He has been a focal point of the offense through 4 games, but he is 31 years old and running on many miles. Hopefully the Jets transition to Greene being the 1st back, and LT spelling him. I don't think LT can be a focal point the whole season, without breaking down sooner or later.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    seems like nobody has concerns unless they lose ... wow ... i'm not saying i'm not happy we didn't win relax little rex's ... i'm just asking what u think the team needs to improve on ... i mean ... we do need to improve right? or is just winning good enough? ...

if we lose againt the vikings a million people will be here destroying every little aspect of the team that honestly were issues even though we were winning .... but when u lose its something to worry about not when u win? that makes no sense ... just cause we are 3-1 i still want to see the jets improve ... i may be JUST a FAN but as a fan I'm realistic and I'm loving the fact we are 3-1 but I also know its just 1 game. im not worried after a loss u dramatic heads... boy do u guys take things out of context ... and i mean YOU GUYS

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=LadainianIMnotDONE;3764154]seems like nobody has concerns unless they lose ... wow ... i'm not saying i'm not happy we didn't win relax little rex's ... i'm just asking what u think the team needs to improve on ... i mean ... we do need to improve right? or is just winning good enough? ...

if we lose againt the vikings a million people will be here destroying every little aspect of the team that honestly were issues even though we were winning .... but when u lose its something to worry about not when u win? that makes no sense ... just cause we are 3-1 i still want to see the jets improve ... i may be JUST a FAN but as a fan I'm realistic and I'm loving the fact we are 3-1 but I also know its just 1 game. im not worried after a loss u dramatic heads... boy do u guys take things out of context ... and i mean YOU GUYS[/QUOTE]

You know what needs to improve? Pass Rush. I'm fine with everything else right now. O-line has ironed out its issues, Sanchez is playing much better, running game is on track, secondary will be better when Revis is back. Don't have a lot of concerns really.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Folk: Can't be missing 30 yarders, we haven't had a game come down to a FG, but every week in the NFL it seems more and more games are coming down to who can hit a FG and I don't know if this guy can him a big kick

2 minute offense and defense-We have not seen Sanchez put together a legitimate two minute drive to win/tie a game, and until he does that there will be a question if he can do that.

As we have seen so far teams have had lots of success scoring in the last two minutes of the first half, that has to change, it seems the defense has trouble getting the right play called and getting lined up when the other team hurries up. I can see teams' doing this for the entire game if this doesn't get fixed

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    absolutely right on the money. folk scares the hell out of me. hopefully we'll be good enough to not need a pressure kick

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    yeh Folk worries me. Its been proven kickers can win and lose you games. Once or twice this year we're gonna need folk to make kicks to win. Hopefully he can make them ...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dirtstar;3763887]what do you mean YOU PEOPLE??? :steamin::steamin:[/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAlVKgl_zCQ[/url]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JB1089;3764177]You know what needs to improve? Pass Rush. I'm fine with everything else right now. O-line has ironed out its issues, Sanchez is playing much better, running game is on track, secondary will be better when Revis is back. Don't have a lot of concerns really.[/QUOTE]

I agree that the pass rush concerns me, but I think the pass rush will improve when they get back their best pass rusher in Pace and they get back the best cover corner in Revis. QB's won't have as many open WR's as they do now and that will give the pass rushers that extra half a second to make a few more sacks.

But it sucks to watch teams like the Bears and Giants get a ton of pressure with their front 4. We send in 7 and get nothing. Imagine if we had a guy like Peppers coming off the edge.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

- the secondary ... still needs to tweak some of those things up. I know Kyle Wilson is a rookie and he'll take his lumps but he needs to show progress and development within the next few weeks due to the schedule. Its going to get only harder for the rook ... Green bay, Houston, chicago New England again ...[/QUOTE]

Maybe if we somehow got a great corner you could worry less . . . somehow

[QUOTE=LadainianIMnotDONE;3763837]
    - the overload blitzes. i don't mind them if you are actually getting pressure. doesn't matter to me if u even hit the QB but at least make them roll out the pocket. completions like that i can take but sitting back and just throwing gives the secondary ZERO chance. Also leaving Kyle Wilson a rookie 1 on 1 every single time isn't the smart thing to do. provide him at least a little backside help ... pause[/QUOTE]

Maybe some sort of pass rusher could help . . .

[QUOTE=LadainianIMnotDONE;3763837]
    - you people are going to think i'm stupid for this but there have been times this year where Sanchez has thrown a TD to keller when somebody else was either just as open. The touchdown against the Pats is the best example he actually goes and throws it to the opposite side of the field in a goal line situation which worked for a TD but on his side there was a player WIDE open with no defender near him. it lets me think he's just looking off and really set on who he's throwing the ball to rather than actually reading what he has. he did that today too. he's making reads don't get me wrong but when somebody is open in this league you throw it to them you just don't have a target in ya head and throw there. that worries me ... if we play a top notch secondary who picks up on this it could mean disaster ... just my take ...[/QUOTE]

If he had another weapon to throw to maybe he would throw to them instead . . . where could we get this offensive player . . .

Take a breath dude, enjoy it.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    My main concern for the next week is the process of implementing players like Pace, Revis, and Holmes back into the team after missing so much time. If you'll recall, Pace played like **** last year that first game back (The 1st Miami game last year), presumably because he missed so much time and the everyone else around him was in mid-season form while he was probably still in pre-season form.

I hope to avoid a similar issue this year. Maybe limiting their snaps initially will help.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ven0m;3764343][B]My main concern for the next week is the process of implementing players like Pace, Revis, and Holmes back into the team after missing so much time. [/B]If you'll recall, Pace played like **** last year that first game back (The 1st Miami game last year), presumably because he missed so much time and the everyone else around him was in mid-season form while he was probably still in pre-season form.

I hope to avoid a similar issue this year. Maybe limiting their snaps initially will help.[/QUOTE]

IMO...the bye week will benefit these three.

Revis and the rest of the secondary will have extra time to work out communication problems and tighten the coverages. This unit has not practiced or played the games together yet. So the bye can act as their mini TC.

Pace( conditioning due to injury)...and Pryce(acclimation to team)...will also benefit from the bye. Both will have their roles expanded after the bye. Pace as every down player, and Pryce in blitz packages.

Holmes will get extended time to practice and regain chemistry with Sanchez.

Jets...as a team...need to sell out physically in this Vikings game, and come away with a win. It won't be easy...but Jets are finding ways to win. So they can do it. Then comes the bye...and the benefits I believe Jets can get from it

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    :Dwhich team in the league has NO concerns??? we went 3-0 in the division with some of our best players out and they will be back next week...brett Favre is in trouble.

- the secondary ... still needs to tweak some of those things up. I know Kyle Wilson is a rookie and he'll take his lumps but he needs to show progress and development within the next few weeks due to the schedule. Its going to get only harder for the rook ... Green bay, Houston, chicago New England again ...

- weak arm tackling ... jets didn't do this at all last year maybe because they knew they couldn't afford to do it cause their offense was much weaker but they can't get lazy ...

- the overload blitzes. i don't mind them if you are actually getting pressure. doesn't matter to me if u even hit the QB but at least make them roll out the pocket. completions like that i can take but sitting back and just throwing gives the secondary ZERO chance. Also leaving Kyle Wilson a rookie 1 on 1 every single time isn't the smart thing to do. provide him at least a little backside help ... pause

- you people are going to think i'm stupid for this but there have been times this year where Sanchez has thrown a TD to keller when somebody else was either just as open. The touchdown against the Pats is the best example he actually goes and throws it to the opposite side of the field in a goal line situation which worked for a TD but on his side there was a player WIDE open with no defender near him. it lets me think he's just looking off and really set on who he's throwing the ball to rather than actually reading what he has. he did that today too. he's making reads don't get me wrong but when somebody is open in this league you throw it to them you just don't have a target in ya head and throw there. that worries me ... if we play a top notch secondary who picks up on this it could mean disaster ... just my take ...

what are your concerns or areas you think this team needs to improve on?[/QUOTE]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=LadainianIMnotDONE;3763837] you people are going to think i'm stupid for this but there have been times this year where Sanchez has thrown a TD to keller when somebody else was either just as open. The touchdown against the Pats is the best example he actually goes and throws it to the opposite side of the field in a goal line situation which worked for a TD but on his side there was a player WIDE open with no defender near him. it lets me think he's just looking off and really set on who he's throwing the ball to rather than actually reading what he has. he did that today too. he's making reads don't get me wrong but when somebody is open in this league you throw it to them you just don't have a target in ya head and throw there. that worries me ... if we play a top notch secondary who picks up on this it could mean disaster ... just my take ...
    [/QUOTE]

Sanchez has Keller on his fantasy team and wanted to hook up his stats... :D

It's a conspiracy! NOT!!! :rolleyes:

Keller has proven time and again that he will make the play if the ball is in his vicinity not to mention that Sanchez and Keller have a great rapport... That's why he chose to throw to Keller over Wayne Turner. Who would you rather throw to? A blocking TE or a pass catching TE with great hands? The answer should be obvious unless you're a
    [IMG]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:UdqbL5LzAlpbXM:http://pix.motivatedphotos.com/2009/12/29/633977064580375985-Moron.jpg&t=1[/IMG]
    Last edited by KingofNY; 10-04-2010 at 02:17 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just snooping the Vikes Forums cause I just heard some Vikings fan on WFAN just now say how they will dominate us.
    So I went to see what the fans think about us........

Broken_ghost wrote:
    I really think the game against the Jets is going to say who we are for the remainder of the year.
    If we come out firing on all cylinders and beat them in a non ugly fashion then a playoff spot if within our grasp. If we lose, i think were done for the year and suspect a less than spectacular record.

It will be five weeks into the season. If we don't have an identity by then it'll be too late to find it.

In my optimisic mind i see Favre coming out and looking in 2009 form, I see the the offensive line not letting the pocket collapse within 1/16th of a second into the play and not getting beat around the corners, i see Berrian watching Jerry Rice's greatest hits on repeat until his Blu-Ray player self destructs from overuse and catching more passes than whatever new guy we shipped in this week, and I see Childress using his free time to google "adjustments" and realizing he can implement them into the game. He may even have time to google "predictable" to see you don't have to always run the same type of plays based off of what down it is. I see Allen getting a mullet weave to fill the void until his real one grows back and becoming relevant again. I see camirillo's punt returns actually counting instead of being brought back every time due to penalty. I see Hank Baskett becoming more than just Kendra Wilkinson's wife (err husband i guess).

Ok, jokes aside, I hope we come out and destroy the Jets. I'm not going to say this is a "must-win" game. But it is a defining game for the season. It's either sink or swim time. If we look like crap, that's the season right there.
    ------------------------------------------------

the jets game will be a measuring stick for the vikes. hopefully percy harvin will be alot better after getting some rest and watching some tape and studying the playbook. he looked a little lost at times. the jets are very good against the run, the vikings are going to have to score at least 24 like they did against the lions to win this game. hopefully jared will get out of the quicksand and pressure sanchez and get some sacks. i'm hoping revis, santonio holmes and calvin pace will be a little rusty. i agree if we dont win this one against a quality team, i see an 8-8 record at best. i hoping AD has a great game and childress calls more screens and playaction passes.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    This Vikings fan poster obviously doesnt go on the internet. What Sportscenter is he watching? :D

"I'm saying 1-3 for the next 4 games. Favre gets injured in the Jets game, but we still win because our rush D is back on track and [SIZE="3"]Sanchez couldn't pass his way out of a wet paper bag[/SIZE]. Favre gets killed during the Packers game (not literally). His career is over after he's put on the IR. Adrian runs for 2k this year. Clay matthews is also suspended for at least 4 games for violating the steroid use policy."

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dirtstar;3763887]what do you mean YOU PEOPLE??? :steamin::steamin:[/QUOTE]

Was he being......RACIST? :eek:

:D

Seriously, though..what a turd of a post that was. (at least the part where he referred to us as "You People", anyway)

[QUOTE=JB1089;3764018]On the play you're talking about, Sanchez opted not to throw the ball to an offensive lineman, #78-Wayne Turner. He was eligible on the play, but still....he's an O-lineman. Wide open O-lineman or poorly covered TE?[/QUOTE]

Unless his name is JUMBO ELLIOT, you don't throw the ball to the O-Linemen. Diedork thought the reason Mark threw to Dustin was out of Friendship....What a dumba$$.

[QUOTE=LadainianIMnotDONE;3764154]seems like nobody has concerns unless they lose ... wow ... i'm not saying i'm not happy we didn't win relax little rex's ... i'm just asking what u think the team needs to improve on ... i mean ... we do need to improve right? or is just winning good enough? ...

if we lose againt the vikings a million people will be here destroying every little aspect of the team that honestly were issues even though we were winning .... but when u lose its something to worry about not when u win? that makes no sense ... just cause we are 3-1 i still want to see the jets improve ... i may be JUST a FAN but as a fan I'm realistic and I'm loving the fact we are 3-1 but I also know its just 1 game. im not worried after a loss u dramatic heads... boy do u guys take things out of context ... and i mean YOU GUYS[/QUOTE]

The only thing I got from your post was ...

(lots of those. :rolleyes:)
    Last edited by Vin; 10-04-2010 at 04:04 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well at least one of those homers called us a "quality team". :dunno:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [I][B]Have you seen the Vikings PLAY!?!? [/B][/I]

The thrashing they'll from the New York Jets is gonna make BUF appreciate the fact we atleast had the decency to spit and not go in dry. Something MIN won't be afforded. (cause its primetime and all)

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    funny how a play where Sanchez chose to throw to a receiver and not an OT is brought up as a concern

Frankly, I enjoyed much more the play where Sanchez was faced with Keller, Hartsock and Mulligan ALL standing in the endzone with no Bill defenders withing 5 yards of ANY of them. He must have been LOL as he threw the ball to Keller for that touchdown