Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another Jets Hall of Famer ?

All League

Another Jets Hall of Famer ?

Take this for what its worth. A friend of mine who owns a top 10 restaurant in NYC had a conversation with LT. He said that he wants to retire as a Jet.

[QUOTE=Jetsrush;3763844]Take this for what its worth. A friend of mine who owns a top 10 restaurant in NYC had a conversation with LT. He said that he wants to retire as a Jet.[/QUOTE]

please...... he will go in as a Charger.

Why start a thread like this????:huh:

All League
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;3763851]please...... he will go in as a Charger.

Why start a thread like this????:huh:[/QUOTE]

The NFL is not like MLB. Players do not go into the Hall as a member of a football team.

[QUOTE=southparkcpa;3763851]please...... he will go in as a Charger.

Why start a thread like this????:huh:[/QUOTE]

Because he said it.

I agree, LT will not be remember because of his career as a Jet. Once he wins that Championship ring however... all bets are off. I'll say this much, he really does hate the Chargers right now so it doesn't surprise me.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=MCBNY;3763853]The NFL is not like MLB. Players do not go into the Hall as a member of a football team.[/QUOTE]

You can say that a million times and people will still post the same crap.:P

All League
    [QUOTE=Savage69;3763861]You can say that a million times and people will still post the same crap.:P[/QUOTE]

No kidding. :rolleyes:

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=MCBNY;3763853]The NFL is not like MLB. Players do not go into the Hall as a member of a football team.[/QUOTE]

true but fans kinda put them on one anyway..I love LT but he's a charger at heart..let's send him out with a title :yes:

All League

Thanks, I was about to post this. If (and I mean a big [I]IF[/I]) Ladanian should, say, win a Super Bowl trophy with the Jets and play a couple of seasons.....after the way San Diego discarded him and those idiots dissed him, LT might want JETS FANS there for his enshrinement to share the moment.

Just a thought...

LT will be remembered as a Charger, but he's made it clear that in just 7 short months he probably feels just as strongly about the Jets as he did after 9 years as a Charger. You can thank Rex for that. Unlike when Favre was here, LT truly feels like a Jet.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=southside;3763857]Because he said it.

I agree, LT will not be remember because of his career as a Jet. Once he wins that Championship ring however... all bets are off. I'll say this much, he really does hate the Chargers right now so it doesn't surprise me.[/QUOTE]

I know it's a Yankee mentality but LT will retire and go I to the hall as LT. Players don't go in as Chargers or Jets.

Do people even watch the ceremonies that they want to go their teams way?

[QUOTE=Jet Nut;3763888]I know it's a Yankee mentality but LT will retire and go I to the hall as LT. Players don't go in as Chargers or Jets.

Do people even watch the ceremonies that they want to go their teams way?[/QUOTE]

I understand that. I was speaking more along the lines of this:

[quote]"[M]y relationship with A.J. has been rocky," Tomlinson said, per Kevin Acee of the San Diego Union-Tribune. "And so it's hard for me. It's hard for me to just accept going to retire with the Chargers with A.J. being there."[/quote]

The players do mention the team they played for and speak about their best times... it wouldn't surprise me if LT just made a mention of the fans in SD and talked mostly about the Jets. But none the less, to me retiring your NFL career with another team is a sign of something and if LT retires a Jet... that will definitely be an indictment on their management over there. Think Emmit Smith, it was very important for him to retire a Cowboy. I'd assume Brett will retire as a Packer. Maybe not, but still... you'd think so.
    Last edited by southside; 10-03-2010 at 09:25 PM.

What helmet will he wear on his plaque though? :confused:

[QUOTE=FF2;3763921]What helmet will he wear on his plaque though? :confused:[/QUOTE]

I'm more curious about whether the helmet will have a visor.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=FF2;3763921]What helmet will he wear on his plaque though? :confused:[/QUOTE]

Unlike you, he doesn't have plaque - he wears his helmet on his head instead of his teeth.

Hall Of Fame
    Maybe what he means is L T will go in wearing a Jet jersey, or his bust, instead of it being his head, will be of his calf with his Jet tat.

Too funny.

_

I don't see any helmets.

[IMG]http://gallaudetblog.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/p316877-canton-nfl_hall_of_fame.jpg[/IMG]

wow... the stupidity in this thread is astounding.

[QUOTE=fullblast;3763959]I don't see any helmets.

[IMG]http://gallaudetblog.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/p316877-canton-nfl_hall_of_fame.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Do you see any sarcasm?

[QUOTE=FF2;3763978]Do you see any sarcasm?[/QUOTE]

I think it went over his helmet. :D

Wow, I think there's something wrong with me. I'm actually defending FF2.

[QUOTE=southside;3763980]I think it went over his helmet. :D

Wow, I think there's something wrong with me. I'm actually defending FF2.[/QUOTE]

It happens. Take a shower, you'll feel better.