Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Football Night in America the worst pre or post game show on TV

at least they got rid of that liberal Olbermann. he sucked

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

... it's pretty f-in terrible!!! ...

... only thing worse would be the addition of the idiotic, pontificating, blowhard chris collinsworthless who looks like a scarecrow caked in makeup ...

l_j_r

All League
    [QUOTE=JStokes;3764119]You know what, maybe it's guilt by association.

Dan Patrick isn't nearly as clever or witty as he thinks he is, but he can adequately prattle off scores and highlights.

Not the super-stardom he thought he was destined for, but he's not the most suck of commentators.

But what the hell do Dungy and Harrison bring to the table? They are BRUTAL.

Does NBC think this trio really works? Maybe I'm just an impossible-to-please New Yorker. Do these guys play well in the heartland? The south? The west coast? Who thought this was a good programming idea?

Who makes these decisions?

And how do they still have jobs?

_[/QUOTE]
    and to make sure it really sucks, they have that halftime thing or whatever it is with bob costas. he's as bad as kornheiser was as an announcer.

Yes.

It isn't worth watching by anyone, even the casual fans hate it.

Dan Patrick deserves to go back to hosting SportsCenter again(I think he hosted Sportscenter in the past...I'm not sure).

He sux at these Football shows...

[QUOTE=Vin;3764396]Dan Patrick deserves to go back to hosting SportsCenter again(I think he hosted Sportscenter in the past...I'm not sure).

He sux at these Football shows...[/QUOTE]

At least he's a professional announcer and can get through a highlight reel without fumphering. Ever hear Terry Bradshaw, Shannon Sharpe, or Deion Sanders read the highlights? Unlistenable. They can't get out 5 words without making a mistake. Plus they all talk over each other to the point where you can't decipher what any of them is saying.

Rookie
    that show is F#$King bad....just complete crap

[QUOTE=MCBNY;3763904]How I long for NFL Primetime with Boomer & Tom Jackson. Best highlight show ever on TV.[/QUOTE]

This is THE worst part about the show...I don't think anyone else is allowed to show highlights when this show is on....

Jets Insider VIP
    [IMG]http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o38/fishooked/JI/DOOSHES.jpg[/IMG]

Jets Insider VIP
    ^Note: missing douches Dungy & Harrison

[QUOTE=MCBNY;3763904]How I long for NFL Primetime with Boomer & Tom Jackson. Best highlight show ever on TV.[/QUOTE]

I've written the same words many times the last few years. At the end of the 4 o'clock game, you went immediately to ESPN for Primetime with Chris and Tommy. Tions of highlights, insight and laughs.

Also, Patrick is lamely trying to copy all of Berman's trademark calls and schtick during his highlight reads. This broadcast is awful and pathetic beyond all description.

Jets Insider VIP
    Now it seems like they are only allowed to do these highlights in a broom closet somewhere, using a car-battery generator & a pirate radio frequency... its a shame...

I guess because of 'Douchebag Nite In America' they are contractually not allowed to do it at 7pm or some ****...

All Pro
    The game last night was almost as bad. fck was that a tough one to sit through.

[QUOTE=Paradis;3764572]The game last night was almost as bad. fck was that a tough one to sit through.[/QUOTE]

No doubt, one of the worst games I've seen in a while. The performance by the Chicago offense, especially Cutler and the stubbornly idiotic Mike Martz, was an embarrassment to the league.

All Pro
    ya. Easily one of the worst NFL games i've ever seen.

Jets Insider VIP
    it is totally unwatchable and that's after getting rid of that idiot Olbermann.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

So lame how when they show the highlights and there's a long TD it goes into fast foward

Rookie
    [QUOTE=Borgoguy;3764516]I've written the same words many times the last few years. [B] At the end of the 4 o'clock game, you went immediately to ESPN for Primetime with Chris and Tommy. Tions of highlights, insight and laughs.[/B]

Also, Patrick is lamely trying to copy all of Berman's trademark calls and schtick during his highlight reads. This broadcast is awful and pathetic beyond all description.[/QUOTE]

Took the words right out of my mouth Borgo. Watching NBC football night just makes me realize how much I miss Primetime. Everything about that show was great, including the music played during the highlights. The Blitz during Sportscenter is nice and all and I realize they are trying to appease all the fans who miss Primetime, but all the Blitz really does is leave me wanting more.

[QUOTE=Led Halen;3764671]Took the words right out of my mouth Borgo. Watching NBC football night just makes me realize how much I miss Primetime. Everything about that show was great, including the music played during the highlights. The Blitz during Sportscenter is nice and all and [B]I realize they are trying to appease all the fans who miss Primetime, but all the Blitz really does is leave me wanting more.[/B][/QUOTE]

Totally agree. The original energy and dynamic between Chris & Tom are gone. Also, have you noticed that they show much fewer highlights? They spend tons of time discussing a couple of games with little time devoted to others. Yesterday, it was all Donovan McNabb and almost nothing about the Jet game. I am also not a fan of John Saunders.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

[QUOTE=JStokes;3763875]Moralistic boring blow-hard Tony Dungy, ex-comedian Dan Patrick and completely worthless Rodney Harrison? This is the worst compendium of non-talent I have ever seen, and to put them on a prime time show? Ooooff. I'd rather listen to Chris Berman read the phone book and make up stupid nicknames for everyone in Peoria Illinois.
    [/QUOTE]

Actually I respond well to the Football Night in America crew.

If it's the NY Jets playing, no matter what they babble about, it holds my interest and I'll watch until the last second is ticked off the play clock. Other than that, like last night, I found them to be a very reasonable & cheap replacement for sleeping pills.

:D