Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: We are the best team in football!

We are the best team in football!

7 words I've never muttered in my 25 years of being a fan. Boderline tearing up as I type, cause its true. For all of those that have long suffered such as myself, bask in it, cause this feeling doesn't come around too often (though I think that's about to change as well).

[QUOTE=greasyt;3763923]7 words I've never muttered in my 25 years of being a fan. Boderline tearing up as I type, cause its true. For all of those that have long suffered such as myself, bask in it, cause this feeling doesn't come around too often (though I think that's about to change as well).[/QUOTE]

C'mon man....I lik3e to think so as well as every Jets Fan but i would never start a thread like that. Its just amature....uggh

[QUOTE=greasyt;3763923]7 words I've never muttered in my 25 years of being a fan. Boderline tearing up as I type, cause its true. For all of those that have long suffered such as myself, bask in it, cause this feeling doesn't come around too often (though I think that's about to change as well).[/QUOTE]

The Steelers say hello.

[QUOTE=brady199;3763932]The Steelers say hello.[/QUOTE]

Hi Steelers!

Two years ago the Jets dominated the undefeated Tennessee Titans and at 8-3 were thought to be the best team in the league. That is with Brett Favre at QB. You know what happened after that.

All Pro
    Lets not start enjoying the smell of our own farts just yet.

We have a long way to go.

[QUOTE=brady199;3763932]The Steelers say hello.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the great Steelers who've beaten a bunch of crappy teams. Yay.

:rolleyes:

Titans, Bucs, Falcons and lost to the Ravens at home. You really suck at trolling.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=southside;3763940]Yeah, the great Steelers who've beaten a bunch of crappy teams. Yay.

Titans, Bucs, Falcons and lost to the Ravens at home. You really suck at trolling.[/QUOTE]

Uh, we lost to the Ravens at home, and the Falcons are really good.

[QUOTE=Austin;3763943]Uh, we lost to the Ravens at home, and the Falcons are really good.[/QUOTE]

We lost to the Ravens playing scared... by one point when we outplayed them.

And the Falcons aren't good actually. If you think their win over the Saints is impressive you've obviously not watched either team much this year. Hint, I live in Atlanta. I watched the Saints get a miracle win over the winless 49ers. The Falcons did the same thing today.

Veteran

Best team in football? I love the jets as much as the next guy but is way too early to say that. I don't think there is a single team that can say that. There are many great teams at 3-1 right now. Season is still young.

[QUOTE=Austin;3763939]Lets not start enjoying the smell of our own farts just yet.

We have a long way to go.[/QUOTE]

True, but at this moment in time I feel that if we were to line up against any of the other 31 teams in this league we would win. Just have a confidence in this team like I've never had in any other Jet team. I'm sure a lot of fans feel the same way.

[QUOTE=southside;3763940]Yeah, the great Steelers who've beaten a bunch of crappy teams. Yay.

Titans, Bucs, Falcons and lost to the Ravens at home. You really suck at trolling.[/QUOTE]

I resent that, i'm not a troll. I'm a great edition to the Jets community.

Titans aren't that bad, Falcons are pretty good, and they trounced the bucs, and you lost to the Ravens as well. Oh ya and they did it without Big Ben. I know, I know, you got your own knucklehead in holmes returning as well, but Ben is a much bigger part of their team. I'm just saying they look like the best team so far, they have the best Defense in the league.

The Jets and Steelers are about equal, I'd argue the Titans, Bucs, and Falcons (who are a good team) are just as good as Dolphins, Bills, and Pats. Both the Jets and Steelers lost to the Ravens at home, and both were missing top players, but I'd say the drop off from Roethlisberger to Dixon and Batch is far deeper than any Jets injury, even Revis.

We'll find out in a few weeks. Certainly doesn't matter who's better right now.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=southside;3763946]We lost to the Ravens playing scared... by one point when we outplayed them.

And the Falcons aren't good actually. If you think their win over the Saints is impressive you've obviously not watched either team much this year. Hint, I live in Atlanta. I watched the Saints get a miracle win over the winless 49ers. The Falcons did the same thing today.[/QUOTE]

Do you honestly think we outplayed the Ravens? We were lucky that wasn't a blowout. They dominated us thoroughly.

All League
    [QUOTE=Austin;3763939]Lets not start enjoying the smell of our own farts just yet.

+1 Its way too early to be claiming us as the best team in the NFL, way too much football infront of us, its the NFL, ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN.

It is nice watching the team playing at this high of a level, but you gotta keep perspective and look at the big picture. The highs are never as high as they seem, and the lows are never as low as they seem (unless your the Browns ;)).

Listen I'm not saying the Jets are the best team in the NFL.

I'm just saying all things being equal, we're one of those teams that look to be elite right now. The Steelers look legit sure, but they aren't the best and their victories aren't THAT impressive.

And let's just say we'll agree to disagree on how good the Falcons are. I for one think they're extremely over rated as are the Saints. Bottom line is it's still incredibly early to be stating who the best team in the NFL is. That we can agree on.

Veteran

I'm much closer to agreeing with the OP than I thought possible after 4 weeks. Those farts you're referring to... smell like roses to me right now.

The idea is to be the best team at the end of the year.

Jets Insider VIP
    We beat the worst team in footbal. Lets simmer down.

[QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;3763989]We beat the worst team in footbal. Lets simmer down.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for not making me the one to point that out.