Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: We are the best team in football!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ugh here we go.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=brady199;3763953]I resent that, i'm not a troll. I'm a great edition to the Jets community.

Titans aren't that bad, Falcons are pretty good, and they trounced the bucs, and you lost to the Ravens as well. Oh ya and they did it without Big Ben. I know, I know, you got your own knucklehead in holmes returning as well, but Ben is a much bigger part of their team. I'm just saying they look like the best team so far, they have the best Defense in the league.[/QUOTE]

lol

Thanks for my new sig.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=MCBNY;3764008]lol

Thanks for my new sig.[/QUOTE]

NOOO.

Don't quote him, you'll just encourage him.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know if we're the best team in the NFL, but this is the worst thread ever.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=greasyt;3763923]7 words I've never muttered in my 25 years of being a fan. Boderline tearing up as I type, cause its true. For all of those that have long suffered such as myself, bask in it, cause this feeling doesn't come around too often (though I think that's about to change as well).[/QUOTE]

tearing up.......oh my god, now that's GAY!!!

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=greasyt;3763923]7 words I've never muttered in my 25 years of being a fan. Boderline tearing up as I type, cause its true. For all of those that have long suffered such as myself, bask in it, cause this feeling doesn't come around too often (though I think that's about to change as well).[/QUOTE]

Nothing wrong with you feeling it, so long as the team doesn't.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=fullblast;3763975]The idea is to be the best team at the end of the year.[/QUOTE]

+1

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think the Jets are a really good football team...to say we are the best in the NFL is premature...

I don't know that its not true I just think its too early to make a statement like that...

Let's go into the bye 5 - 1 and revisit this.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;3763989]We beat the worst team in footbal. Lets simmer down.[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

Its week 4.....im just as excited as the newer Jets fans who have not gone through the heartbreak, but lets go a game at a time.

Had we lost today, we would be readin how much we suck and how we wont be making the playoffs. Not saying you...Mr. OP.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Austin;3763957]Do you honestly think we outplayed the Ravens? We were lucky that wasn't a blowout. They dominated us thoroughly.[/QUOTE]

Are you serious? We should of beat the Ravens. The only reason we lost is because the refs had it out for us and called us for everything under the sun to include sneezing. Let us play em again in the playoffs and we'll no doubt blow em outta the water. Give me a break, Baltimore is not that good.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DBAKE;3764019]tearing up.......oh my god, now that's GAY!!![/QUOTE]

How bout that QB play?

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DBAKE;3764019]tearing up.......oh my god, now that's GAY!!![/QUOTE]

Sarcasm bro.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=HitSomeone41;3764031]Exactly.

Its week 4.....im just as excited as the newer Jets fans who have not gone through the heartbreak, but lets go a game at a time.
    [B]
    Had we lost today[/B], we would be readin how much we suck and how we wont be making the playoffs. Not saying you...Mr. OP.[/QUOTE]

The thing is that we DIDN'T lose and we just beat 3 division opponents 3 weeks in a row just like a top team would. All of us should have nothing but high hopes and expectations.

That being said...

The only downside I'm worried about is Folk's errant kicks. That should scare us, especially with a bunch of tough games coming up. His kicks have been all over the place, even the ones that he's made. If he continues to be shaky, we should start looking at trading with Houston for Kris Brown.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll declare the Jets the best team in football in February should they be able to win the Super Bowl. I like our chances against anyone that steps on the field to face this team, but come on...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BIGKIDD325;3764059]I'll declare the Jets the best team in football in February should they be able to win the Super Bowl. I like our chances against anyone that steps on the field to face this team, but come on...[/QUOTE]

Bullcrap! We're currently the best team in football because we said so!!! Tell me what other team can say that?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    We're looking good but we're nowhere near the position to be able to say we're "the best." Personally I think the only time you can say that is when you're lifting the Lombardi trophy.

Let's keep that chip on our shoulder and keep battling.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Austin;3763939]Lets not start enjoying the smell of our own farts just yet.

We have a long way to go.[/QUOTE]

couldn't have said it better myself

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=southside;3763946]We lost to the Ravens playing scared... by one point when we outplayed them.

And the Falcons aren't good actually. If you think their win over the Saints is impressive you've obviously not watched either team much this year. Hint, I live in Atlanta. I watched the Saints get a miracle win over the winless 49ers. The Falcons did the same thing today.[/QUOTE]

not to mention the saints just barely escaped the panthers today. honestly the entire NFC is horrible this year as a whole but I wouldn't say Atlanta isn't good I think they are the type of team that will give people trouble but wouldn't say they are elite. I don't know if the jets are the best team in the NFL but maybe they are playing the best right now. At the time we beat the titans 2 years ago we were playing the best and last year towards the end we played well as well. Right now I would just say we are probably playing the best football right now all around ...doesn't mean we're the best in the NFL still a long season to go. I mean some teams don't hit their groove til week 9.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=KingofNY;3764051] If he continues to be shaky, we should start looking at trading with Houston for Kris Brown.[/QUOTE]

Kris Brown is a free agent. The Saints worked him and John Carney out last week and went with Carney. If we wanted to bring him in, we would not have to trade for him.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    we have a good team that seems to be improving every week, and now we should get some players back ....but best in the NFL cause we beat the bills? these are the same people that will say we suck when we loose a game