Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: We are the best team in football!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is no such thing as a best team after four games.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I feel very confident that this Jets team is building into something special. But that's as far as you can go right now. Team getting better in many ways.

OL protecting Sanchez well. Running game is dangerous...a special thanks to LT's vintage play. Sanchez is way ahead of what most of us thought he'd be. Mark is right now playing at an elite level. Pass rush and secondary play was much better in this Bills game. The Jets D on 3rd down was awesome too. Penalties were a reasonable 4 today.

This team will be better after the bye. During the bye...Revis and secondary should be able to practice more to tighten up coverage and communication. Pryce will be able to get more involved in blitz packages after the bye. Holmes will also come out of bye in better sync with Sanchez.

Yep...Jets are playing better...building to something special...JMO.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=King Chrebet;3763930]C'mon man....I lik3e to think so as well as every Jets Fan but i would never start a thread like that. Its just [B]amature[/B]....uggh[/QUOTE]

Are you a grown man?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=KingofNY;3764032]Are you serious? We should of beat the Ravens. The only reason we lost is because the refs had it out for us and called us for everything under the sun to include sneezing. Let us play em again in the playoffs and we'll no doubt blow em outta the water. Give me a break, Baltimore is not that good.[/QUOTE]

Dude, we had like 100 yards of total offense.

Did they get a few calls? Yeah. But they moved the ball pretty consistently on us and we were abysmal.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RageATL;3764207]Are you a grown man?[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="7"][COLOR="DarkOrange"]"I'M A MAN! I'M 40!"[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[IMG]http://a.abcnews.com/images/WNT/abc_wn_webcast_football_070924_mn.jpg[/IMG]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=I BLEED GREEN;3764139]Kris Brown is a free agent. The Saints worked him and John Carney out last week and went with Carney. If we wanted to bring him in, we would not have to trade for him.[/QUOTE]

You're right.... I thought the Texans had kept him and were holding him for the season on the IR. I didn't see that they released him on 8 Sep. We should definitely keep him as an open option depending on how well Folk plays in the next game or two.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Big up to Schotty.....for keeping the cute ineffective play calls to a minimum and for calling brilliant misdirection plays that hurt the speedy Bills LB's with their over-pursuit.

[IMG]http://prod.static.jets.clubs.nfl.com/assets/images/imported/NYJ/photos/clubimages/2010/10-October/JETS4703--nfl_medium_540_360.JPG[/IMG]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Austin;3764224]Dude, we had like 100 yards of total offense.

Did they get a few calls? Yeah. But they moved the ball pretty consistently on us and we were abysmal.[/QUOTE]

One of those "few" calls included the bullsh*t pass interference in the endzone which gave the Raven's their only touchdown. Not to mention the crap roughing the kicker call which extended the drive where they kicked their FG. That is ALL of their points all scored off of crap penalties.

I watched the game in a bar in Baltimore and even the Raven's fans were apologizing to me saying we were getting screwed by the refs. I'm not even going to bring up the 5 crap holding calls with negated 4 nice third down conversions.

There was only about 4 "real" penalties that game... The rest were crap. Re-watch the game, you can see it for yourself.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets are rounding into form. Still some areas that need improvement. Tackling on D and Specials was somewhat of an issue this game but I'm sure the coaches will address that. Normally it isn't.

The defense's propensity for giving up touchdowns against the two minute drill is a concern too, but again given his track record, no doubt Rex is aware and will take steps to address that as well.

Honestly, I'm glad there's still room for improvement. If everything was going perfectly I'd be scared ****less right now :eek:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    We're looking very, very good.

The only undefeated team left is Kansas City, which is a complete joke when you look at who they've beaten, and the rest of the league is really a bunch of 3-1 teams.

I'd say we're the best team in the league right now, too, but since Baltimore is sitting at 3-1 and atop of the AFC North, we still can't say publicly to others that we're better than them.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=124;3764267]We're looking very, very good.

The only undefeated team left is Kansas City, which is a complete joke when you look at who they've beaten, and the rest of the league is really a bunch of 3-1 teams.

I'd say we're the best team in the league right now, too, but since Baltimore is sitting at 3-1 and atop of the AFC North, we still can't say publicly to others that we're better than them.[/QUOTE]

Right now it's us, the Ravens, Pittsburgh, and maybe Green Bay.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    :Dnothing wrong with saying that this is the best team in football....who really is better than us???? Coach Ryan feels this is the best team in football...so do I.

[QUOTE=greasyt;3763923]7 words I've never muttered in my 25 years of being a fan. Boderline tearing up as I type, cause its true. For all of those that have long suffered such as myself, bask in it, cause this feeling doesn't come around too often (though I think that's about to change as well).[/QUOTE]