Thread: I thought Braylon drops balls...?

I thought Braylon drops balls...?

The guy is catching everything, I don't think he's dropped a pass all season. He clearly worked hard on this during the offseason. I love Namath but he should not be saying Braylon drops balls when he's catching everything this year...

All League
    I think he dropped one today but his legs were taken out from under him. Does that count as a drop?

[QUOTE=FreshBaked 24 7;3764281]I think he dropped one today but his legs were taken out from under him. Does that count as a drop?[/QUOTE]

no. that qualifies as sanchez almost getting his receiver killed...

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=FreshBaked 24 7;3764281]I think he dropped one today but his legs were taken out from under him. Does that count as a drop?[/QUOTE]

He got leveled, so I say no.

Its probably not a popular idea now with the DUI, but a good case could be made for re-signing BE next year:
    no dropsies anymore,
    great jump ball guy,
    been drawing penalties in the endzone from DBs,
    has good chemistry with Sanchez,
    keeps drives alive.

And he's into the whole "Jets are family" deal. I bet Tanny finds a way to keep him a Jet. :yes:

[QUOTE=quantum;3764289]And he's into the whole "Jets are family" deal. I bet Tanny finds a way to keep him a Jet. :yes:[/QUOTE]

And Santonio Holmes :yes:

[QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;3764294]And Santonio Holmes :yes:[/QUOTE]

These two + cotch + DK = amazing receiving core for the Sanchize in the coming years

Braylon has been outstanding. He is the player everyone expected out of Michigan, running crisp routes and killing db's with size and speed.

[QUOTE=revisjets;3764297]These two + cotch + DK = amazing receiving core for the Sanchize in the coming years[/QUOTE]

+1 lots of toys for Sanchez :yes:

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=quantum;3764289]He got leveled, so I say no.

Its probably not a popular idea now with the DUI, but a good case could be made for re-signing BE next year:
    no dropsies anymore,
    great jump ball guy,
    been drawing penalties in the endzone from DBs,
    has good chemistry with Sanchez,
    keeps drives alive.

And he's into the whole "Jets are family" deal. I bet Tanny finds a way to keep him a Jet. :yes:[/QUOTE]

+1

Add how well he blocks for others to your list of attributes for Edwards.

All League
    [QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;3764294]And Santonio Holmes :yes:[/QUOTE]

I'd love it but Holmes has been out and hasn't shown anything as to why the Jets should keep him other than his body of work in Pittsburgh

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Jet Nut;3764301]+1

Add how well he blocks for others to your list of attributes for Edwards.[/QUOTE]

thx - forgot that one.

I saw a clip of BE in the locker room where he thx the team for having his back (after the Dolphags game?), and I swear I thought he was going to shed a tear and add "..and I hated Cleveland!" :D

Edwards is the complete package Beast. Size...physical...speed and solid blocker. So...if you can add good hands...it should be a done deal to resign him. Cause Bray's a nightmare to cover.

Here he comes...

[IMG]http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq355/GreenReaper_01/braylonfor6-1.jpg[/IMG]

Veteran
    Rex has said all off season that the player that he expected the most improvement from was Edwards. He said was the perhaps best off season of any player. He has developed great chemistry with Sanchez and that combination should only get better. Edwards, Keller, Cotch and now Holmes; Wow...just Wow.

All League
    [QUOTE=Jet Black;3764312]Rex has said all off season that the player that he expected the most improvement from was Edwards. He said was the perhaps best off season of any player. He has developed great chemistry with Sanchez and that combination should only get better. Edwards, Keller, Cotch and now Holmes; Wow...just Wow.[/QUOTE]

Given the sucess Rex has had with DB's from anywhere I wouldn't be surprised to see Cro leave/take a small deal this offseason barring if Holmes produces

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Say what you want about Braylon Edwards but the man looks extremely focused this year, noticably more so than at anytime last season.

Braylon just seems really dialed in with Sanchez this year as does Keller.

The only WR that seems to be struggling a little bit is Cotchery, but, I am sure he will come around. Santonio getting back in with the offense should open things up for Cotchery a little more.

All League
    Braylon only drops the long bombs...Anything thrown to him that is 30 yds or less is money. I think he has a depth perception problem and can't judge the distance of the ball on the deep bombs.

Not to worry though because we have Holmes coming back next week and that is his specialty. Expect Sanchez to complete more deep passes now that Holmes is back. :yes:

[QUOTE=KingofNY;3764367]Braylon only drops the long bombs...Anything thrown to him that is 30 yds or less is money. I think he has a depth perception problem and can't judge the distance of the ball on the deep bombs.

Not to worry though because we have Holmes coming back next week and that is his specialty. Expect Sanchez to complete more deep passes now that Holmes is back. :yes:[/QUOTE]

I think you're mistaken on that one..the TD pass today at the Bills Edwards looked it right in ..but thats just my perspective

[QUOTE=KingofNY;3764367]Braylon only drops the long bombs...Anything thrown to him that is 30 yds or less is money. I think he has a depth perception problem and can't judge the distance of the ball on the deep bombs.

[/QUOTE]

Were you watching that 40+ Yard TD pass that Edwards [b][u]CAUGHT[/u][/b] in stride for a score? If you did and still believe what you're saying, then I'm sorry but I have to ask you to go look at that play again. :mad:

BTW, what is your issue with Braylon anyway? The way you're talking about Holmes, it's like Braylon has been stinking up the joint and you're saying "Here comes Holmes to save the day. Let me get on my knees and worship the ground he spits on". :rolleyes:

Holmes hasn't proven sh*t, Braylon has. He'll [b]eventually[/b] become an awesome weapon for Sanchez but he won't be *THE* Weapon....He'll be *Another* Weapon for Mark to utilize. :yes:
    Last edited by Vin; 10-04-2010 at 04:19 AM.

All League
    [QUOTE=GreenReaper;3764311]Edwards is the complete package Beast. Size...physical...speed and solid blocker. So...if you can add good hands...it should be a done deal to resign him. Cause Bray's a nightmare to cover.

Here he comes...

[IMG]http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq355/GreenReaper_01/braylonfor6-1.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Agreed, as I stated in another thread, [B]Braylon Edwards is the 2nd coming of Al Toon[/B] for Jets fans.

We haven't had a WR with THAT total package (Keyshawn was slow) since #88 scorched the field for the Jets in the late 80' to early 90's

All Pro
    Don't forget he made a pretty good play yesterday to prevent an interception too - might have got away with a bit of PI on it, but if he didn't go up and fight for it the way he did, that would have been a big momentum killer. Sanchez definitely owes him one for that one. ;)

Even then, it was good to see the Jets take their shots down field and not go into a shell as far as the passing game went.